Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hubert #1 QB player

King_ThroggKing_Throgg Registered Users Posts: 3
Hubert has become #1 ladder player.

It is nice to see a player who isn't afk holding number 1 earning it not not just allowing ladder bugs to not take them off the top.

Champion Hubert!

Games of him vs Felkon, Soothsayer and Aerocrastic would be great so we can see the best players vs the highest Ladder player.

Comments

• The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    I don't play Hubert much but he is good with some interesting builds

Those games would be good to watch indeed. Though I know where my money would be.
  • Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 7,476
    This guy being rank 1 is conclusive proof that ladder rank holds no meaning. Average player employing cheese strats and bringing gamble armies.
    mightygloin_fan_1
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 10,154
    edited June 2020
    Huber is a very good player i often play him and so does felkon but to be honest until after 62000 pts ranks will change fast, its only really an achievement when you get over 60000+ Pts, its too easy to gain points until around 55000 mark.

PS: Huber is not rank 1 :P

If you want to see highers ranked ladder player vs aeorcrastic i will be playing him tomorrow in 15 game series.
    Post edited by Lotus_Moon on
  • MrProsMrPros Registered Users Posts: 24
    Dude plays 5sem lord snipe armies, so it shows how u can win with just cheese and the explain that "Youre just showing some of the problem the game has". If you exploit things its a community problem and not a game. If noone would exploit smt like it we wouldnt have any problems as far as im concerned
  • hanenhanen Registered Users Posts: 497
    Hubert is a good player and the nr 1 spot is not undeserved.

I'd rather play lord snipe, SE/SEM spam than drawkiting and drop hacking.
    MrPros said:

Dude plays 5sem lord snipe armies, so it shows how u can win with just cheese and the explain that "Youre just showing some of the problem the game has". If you exploit things its a community problem and not a game. If noone would exploit smt like it we wouldnt have any problems as far as im concerned

5sem is impossible in qb just fyi max is 3.

Nothing worng with lord sniping if people cannot protect their lord.
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,365
    Green0 said:

This guy being rank 1 is conclusive proof that ladder rank holds no meaning. Average player employing cheese strats and bringing gamble armies.

Lol pls, he would steamroll u like fly getting swat by a fighter jet on super sonic mode imo.

Played him plenty and definitely played many of those here many times, those who keep their names. Hes definitely above if not significantly stronger than many.

Absolutely stupid to even talk down the person who has likely over 15,000 games since 2016
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.

MrPros said:

Yeah i was reffering to 2 noble on chariots
    MrPros said:

yep spot on he's pretty much the best only at knowing what to abuse, average micro and super gamble armies otherwise.
    mightygloin_fan_1
    MrPros said:

MrPros said:

Yeah i was reffering to 2 noble on chariots
    Yeah he does play that i agree, but felkon and i run tests on noble chariots post patch and they dotn perform any different than noble horse or than Tomp Princes on horse/chariots.
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    I think you need to caveat those findings lotus.

Felkon and you said that with all their buffs TK princes then perform the same as HE nobles on Chariot. That's a slightly different but more revealing description.

However TK princes have less mass

So HE Nobles are more consistent than TK Princes unless all buffs are active. In which case they are equal in performance -for 30 secs at a time but then during CD periods are not. But HE nobles always have greater mass.

HE nobles are more expensive.
    edited June 2020

Felkon and you said that with all their buffs TK princes then perform the same as HE nobles on Chariot. That's a slightly different but more revealing description.

So HE Nobles are more consistent than TK Princes unless all buffs are active. In which case they are equal in performance -for 30 secs at a time but then during CD periods are not. But HE nobles always have greater mass.

HE Nobles are strong but that's hardly to attribute to HE being HE. It's more like in this game all SE chariots are too good. You can take Settra, Khazrak, anything really performs way above the bar once the counters are removed.
    mightygloin_fan_1

Nah their performance with buffs was Stronger for their durstion actually much stronger, and they can use them multiple times, also they were not getting 69 WS due to the buG.

I know your trying to underplay it but fact is their items dont have limit of uses so perfomance.

In all those tests the item was active for around 1/3 of the fights duration.

Futhermore if noble on chartiot is SEM so should noble on horse as they perfom same.
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Registered Users Posts: 1,228
    I think I played Hubert like 15 times. My record against him is 0-15....

And before the reset I was legitimately ranked 100-200 and I did win a good chunck of my QB games.

So yeah he is pretty good.

Though I also played Lotus like 5 times and my record against him is 0-5... hmmm

• TheKrakenmeisterTheKrakenmeister Registered Users Posts: 123
    Lol he's kinda the reason I stopped trying to play QB for rank. I've played about 5 games and have undefeated record against him but he just grinds a bunch. I don't know why players like Lotus and Felkon find him particularly impressive. From my experience he has no tenacity, resigns the second he starts to lose, and didnt play anywhere near the level of tournament players.
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Registered Users Posts: 1,228

Lol he's kinda the reason I stopped trying to play QB for rank. I've played about 5 games and have undefeated record against him but he just grinds a bunch. I don't know why players like Lotus and Felkon find him particularly impressive. From my experience he has no tenacity, resigns the second he starts to lose, and didnt play anywhere near the level of tournament players.

Well that sir is impressive
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,365
    One thing tho, super cowardly, once u pick a faction that remotely have any advantage he auto dodge lol.
    Only time u actually get to play him is to pick a bait faction lol. Like pick those auto lose faction such as vamps when he pick elves, then use those extreme anti builds. Which is a bit annoying coz u already started on extreme disadvantage
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    yst said:

One thing tho, super cowardly, once u pick a faction that remotely have any advantage he auto dodge lol.
    Only time u actually get to play him is to pick a bait faction lol. Like pick those auto lose faction such as vamps when he pick elves, then use those extreme anti builds. Which is a bit annoying coz u already started on extreme disadvantage

I will defend him here, because if you speak to him in chat and ask for any match-up he always agrees with me, we just come to mutual agreement most times.

But without writing in chat perhaps that is true

yst said:

I will defend him here, because if you speak to him in chat and ask for any match-up he always agrees with me, we just come to mutual agreement most times.

But without writing in chat perhaps that is true
    he only picks tier 1 factions lol, last patch only undead and Skaven, this patch "mysteriously" he became a HE and GS main lol.
    mightygloin_fan_1
  • TlaxtlanSoothsayerTlaxtlanSoothsayer Registered Users Posts: 2,705

What about the #1 treeman?
    Green0 said:

HE Nobles are strong but that's hardly to attribute to HE being HE. It's more like in this game all SE chariots are too good. You can take Settra, Khazrak, anything really performs way above the bar once the counters are removed.
    Well yes, its cuz HE have the star..

How many times You see Dark elf Master on charion vs anything other than Dwarves
  • OxfordStyleOxfordStyle Registered Users Posts: 9
    My own personal experience was playing against his greenskins vs my wood elves. He has artillery advantage so I move into the woods to reasses the situation and work out best way to attack.

Within seconds he is demanding that I attack and accuses me of camping.

I point out that he is free to attack whenever he wants and he is camping just as much as I am.

He then starts abusing me with all sorts of unpleasant language. The guy takes his ranking far too seriously.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,767
    Folks, this conversation is not going to lead anywhere productive, that I can see, and is turning into an attack on another person's play style. Whether it is good or bad is outside to scope of what this forum can allow.

Thread is closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.