Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What's your relax campaign?

SethsKidsSethsKids Registered Users Posts: 12
At the moment we're all going through a fair amount of stress so I've found myself going back to campaigns that I know I can dominate and having a more relaxed and playful go through.

The most relaxing for me is Karaz a karak.

Between friends I call it my chicken soup campaign as it's comforting to slowly breeze through it.

So, what is your chicken soup campaign and why?

Comments

• LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,448
    Malekith, as I've played his faction for more than 1000 hours.
    The Empire is very easy for me too.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 244
    Grom campsign, by far and away the easiest right now.

For therapy, i really love a full range pirate coast army. Its not chicken soup, in that its quite difficulty to achieve in early stages. By the end though, your 8-12 handgunners will shred everything. everything. And in the most satisfying way.

Pew pew pew pew.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,070
    I relax when i play even if i crank the difficulty up.

So all of them
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 9,093
    I always like to go for a Gor-Rok campaign. It’s easy but since the update you are usually always surrounded by enemies.

Enjoyable and pretty chilled campaign.
  • mdardismdardis Registered Users Posts: 152
    Either Vlad or Mannfred. My most played LL's by some distance, the campaigns don't tend to spring any surprises on me.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,246
    Ikit.. just going wild with dakka is very relaxing..
  • GrayserGrayser Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 311
    Ikit Claw can more or less auto anyone so its pretty chill.

Tyrion arguably one of the easiest and most relaxed campaigns in my opinion.

Grombrindal is also decent for a short fun campaign.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 908
    Repanse is fun in the Vortex for the first 60-80 turns (until she has finished capping the desert basically.

Any HE campaign in Vortex is pretty straightforward... if you have trouble sleeping, I would recommend Eltharion, after the first 10 turns the pressure is right off.
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,870
    Tyrion, Malekith and Imrik.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,288
    Count Noctilus of the Dreadfleet. A mix of his starting position being ignored even if your at war with half the map and the fact that I dont bother with growing an empire, growing my network with coves the pirate way, sacking and running away.

Its quite relaxing just cruising the coasts and attacking fat coast cities out of nowhere.

Settra for a close second after you get through the early game and get a small empire going. That no upkeep, no money issues, no unit buying means that I dont even care if I lose units or entire armies, just recruit again. Never afraid of going into a deficit is very relaxing.
  • EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 283
    Rikis said:

Count Noctilus of the Dreadfleet. A mix of his starting position being ignored even if your at war with half the map and the fact that I dont bother with growing an empire, growing my network with coves the pirate way, sacking and running away.

Its quite relaxing just cruising the coasts and attacking fat coast cities out of nowhere.

Settra for a close second after you get through the early game and get a small empire going. That no upkeep, no money issues, no unit buying means that I dont even care if I lose units or entire armies, just recruit again. Never afraid of going into a deficit is very relaxing.

Definitely agree regarding Noctilus.
  • KoryvarnKoryvarn Registered Users Posts: 20
    Depends on the level of ordertide. It used to be Vlad or Manfred, but it hasn't been that enjoyable for a while. The latest beta patch is probably the best Mortal Empires VC experience in many months (apart from Proving grounds, that was a phenomenal VC experience).

I'm always down for a faction that doesn't need to turtle much at the start of the campaign, so Clan Eshin, Clan Mors, Malekith, Nagarythe and the Empire all have plenty of enemies early on, leading to some great fights before elite units arrive on the field.

Morathi, Belegar, Kroq-Gar tend to be my go to for a real challenge though.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,070
    If you just wanted to know which i find the easiest then its eltharion
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 908
    Rikis said:

Is it still the case with Settra? In Vortex, with Repanse and Snikch you now add in Grom and the effeminate Knife-ear and his campaign could be a whole lot more interesting.

The TK are not a faction I enjoy playing as, so I have not touched them for a long time.
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,288
    edited June 23
    Ingr8 said:

Rikis said:

Is it still the case with Settra? In Vortex, with Repanse and Snikch you now add in Grom and the effeminate Knife-ear and his campaign could be a whole lot more interesting.

The TK are not a faction I enjoy playing as, so I have not touched them for a long time.
    Repanse doesn't give me much trouble, neither does Snikch honestly, you can built up before heading west, one of the main reason why I didn't chose my preferred LL Arkhan the Black. Cant say about Grom though as I havent played Settra with the last dlc.
  • lewisveelewisvee Registered Users Posts: 8
    For me it’s Louen Leoncoeur, once I get the red duke wiped out and peace with Marienburg, I love uniting the kingdom and forging a strong relationship with the empire and wood elves.

I like building up my farm economy and slowly preparing for my crusade for whomever I choose. I’ve always focused on my own crusades.

Do I go for the northern chaos tribes, help the elves wipe out the dark elves, assist the already crusading Bretonnians, hunt down the non existent rats? Very enjoyable and chilled.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,895
    If by relax you mean the low effort chill campaign?

Wood Elves - Orion.

I play assorted Greenskins like 66% of the time or more, though. I also enjoy Alberic and Lokhir a lot.
  • RualkaarRualkaar Registered Users Posts: 19
    edited June 23
    Ikit Claw, because you always feel safe and secure with those sweet nukes he has + he got an extremely easy starting position. Ranged focused doomstacks can whipe out any enemy stacks even if you are badly outnumbered. Just take a good position, get a bunch of ratling guns, warplock jezzails, plaque priests for magic/frontline, engineers for insane buffing and you are good to go. An extremely relaxing gameplay of an unstoppable technocratic warmachine)
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,536
    edited June 23
    Pokemon Crystal.....

But for strategy games it's usually Warcraft 3.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Crossil said:

Pokemon Crystal.....

But for strategy games it's usually Warcraft 3.

Did we just become best friends?

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,895
    Maybe one day Warcraft 3: Reforged won't suck and will actually contain all the features of the original game which no longer works because battle.net forces a patch on you that breaks your OG game.

*sighs wistfully*
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Karl Franz Campaign.
  • Sparkwarrior777Sparkwarrior777 Registered Users Posts: 161
    My relax is not caring about winning and just role play a pirate faction. Sail around and raiding coastal towns.
  • EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 283

My relax is not caring about winning and just role play a pirate faction. Sail around and raiding coastal towns.

That's literally how you win the Pirate Vortex Campaign as Nocti.
  • GrandChamp89GrandChamp89 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,557
    Vlad, I've played so much vamps used to be my main faction before Bretonnia.
    "It's the hottest fire that forge the strongest steel"