Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why did CA go radio silent?

gorgos96gorgos96 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 93

Comments

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 2,240
    Their favorite motto is probably “loose lips sink the ship”.
  • PandabaronPandabaron Registered Users Posts: 177
    Because they are too busy fixing a horrendous amount of bugs?
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,183
    edited June 28
    Because there is nothing to say? Patch is underway and too early for new content.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 27,228
    What do you mean "go" radio silent? They've never communicated much on the boards.

• gorgos96gorgos96 Member Registered Users Posts: 93

thats the part Im talking about. There are no news on it and its been a month
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,314
    gorgos96 said:

Hi, why?

Probably because we're all yelling at them angrily.

Regardless of whether or not we're justified, it doesn't change the fact that we've been quite vocal and aggressive in promoting the knowledge of our frustration.

They probably just want to get the thing fixed then hide for a few months until the next DLC is out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,904
    I'd be embarrassed too if I released a major patch that broke all weapon damage modifiers in the entire game somehow.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,133
    CA is radio silent because they've determined that they don't need to communicate with the Warhammer fanbase for content to sell.

"I can make the case for things all I want, but I'm not the be-all and end-all. Decisions are made collaboratively. And different brand managers and different projects have different strategies, which is why certain things can be done for 3K and not for WH. After Eight Princes, which wasn't received well, we needed to rebuild trust that we were creating future plans that people would like, so the ability to share more of that information was open to us. With Warhammer, we're confident in the last DLC being received well, so it gives us more freedom and leeway to work on things further and to have a different strategy going forwards." -Grace, from the last AMA.

The fallout from Eight Princes forced CA to communicate more with that fanbase, so they get to know stuff months in advance, like what the next DLC is going to be. Meanwhile, Warhammer content sells like crack, and we get a tiny teaser a couple of weeks before a content release that might contain some kind of hint about what will be in the DLC.

A simple ETA on a proper patch would be great, it doesn't even have to be specific. Something like, "expect a fix sometime next month", or "don't expect a new live patch until the next lord pack". Any amount of information is preferable to what we get now, even if what we get isn't good news.
  • BronzebeardBronzebeard Registered Users Posts: 335
    gorgos96 said:

thats the part Im talking about. There are no news on it and its been a month
    No news? There is a friggin beta out. And the beta has even been updated (with new bugs).

They are working at fixing game breaking bugs. They have communicated this several times. No need to say much more until they have something good to say.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 3,283
    Would it change any thing of they weren't?

Yeah either bad news or good news Id like to hear how long we will wait for a fix. No news at all is the worst.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,025
    Easy; the people in control are bad at communication.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 3,283
    gorgos96 said:

Yeah either bad news or good news Id like to hear how long we will wait for a fix. No news at all is the worst.
    Are you doubting that they are working on it currently?
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Registered Users Posts: 1,746
    This is called social distancing.
  • VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Registered Users Posts: 332
    It's because they have a boss running things and not a leader.

Youre my favorite person in this forum atm, I really like your vibe (not being sarcastic)
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,025
    gorgos96 said:

Youre my favorite person in this forum atm, I really like your vibe (not being sarcastic)
    Thankyou, that's a very nice thing to say.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,580
    Moved to Chat, perceived business practice, not Warhamner game discussion.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 2,240
    @dge1

I don’t believe it got moved.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,580
    ROMOBOY said:

@dge1

I don’t believe it got moved.

It is now. Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,753
    It would be nice if they told us an eta for a fix to the bug infestation.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.