Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH3 campaign hypothesis

2»

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 9,097
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

Unit wise, pick from that list whatever you want.

That list looks like it has some fan-made stuff in it.
    ArneSo said:

We also don’t know what else CA is cooking up right now

Yeah, exactly. Kislev can have a full-blown roster made by CA, but we don't know about it yet.
    Well we do know that something is coming so that’s enough for me.
    Daruwind said:

@ArneSo I have no problem with 4-6 LL Kislev but you should realize this is on the same level as Araby, Cathay, Ind, Nippon, playable Albion, Amazons, Moot....

Realistic expectation for Kislev is 2 LL pre-order size. It is not about number of LL. It is about money. Pre-orders are usually 10 bucks. There are only two options to get more LLs. 1) CA subsidized pre-order heavily 2) CA increase price of pre-order DLC...

If any of those two conditions happen, I then admit your might be right. Until such stuff happen, you are set for dissapointement.

EDIT: I can totally see FLC down the line or DLC but initially 2 LLs. Just look what stuff we got so far for WoC or Norsca...those two factions are clearly different level to BM/WE/TK/VC as those are nearly double as expensive..

What? Kislev on the same level as Araby Albion and Ind?

With that statement you just showed that your knowledge about WH is extremely limited. So please just stop or get some decent knowledge about the topic before spreading such nonsense here.

Comparing Kislev with a non existent „Race“ like Ind or Nippon is absolutely ridiculous.
  • MorkMork Registered Users Posts: 251
    a) Expansion of the ME Map to the Darklands. Major Rework of Chaos and maybe the Beastmen.

b) regardning the Stand Alone Campaign, no idea. Chaos Wastes maybe? but, difficult to include the new races ( Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres). The Darklands as a standalone map?
    Cathay is rather doubtful!
    edited July 2
    Mork said:

a) Expansion of the ME Map to the Darklands. Major Rework of Chaos and maybe the Beastmen.

b) regardning the Stand Alone Campaign, no idea. Chaos Wastes maybe? but, difficult to include the new races ( Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres). The Darklands as a standalone map?

Stand alone map:

Of course the Northern and Southern Chaos wastes should be a bit bigger and the Far East should be shaped a bit different to avoid the „pressed against a wall“ look it has right now. But overall I think this is how the WH3 stand alone map will look like.

Cathay has a good chance to be on the map, even if it won’t be its own race it can be handled like Araby without a problem.

The same goes for Ind and Nippon.

These areas can easily be filled with placeholders.

About Cathay... I would like to quote Gorilla here: „The case for Cathay is strong.“

DoC and Ogres both need a human Civilisation as their playground so it makes sense to add the Far East.

Making the map so big would also give Ca the chance to add a lot of Crossovers. Something that wouldn’t be possible without it.
  • MorkMork Registered Users Posts: 251
    Good imput. the map is nice and doable.

a third possibility might be continue to use the Vortex map but make Chaos playable.

keeping Warhammer 3 a stand alone Product makes this very unlikely.
  • roekkumroekkum Registered Users Posts: 63
    edited July 2
    I would love a massive, threatening Chaos invasion, an End Times scenario, almost to the point where it is impossible to beat, but without it feeling cheap, cheating and only focused on the player. Where it comes in waves and you need to prepare or lose. I guess Attila did it well, with the option to migrate for instance. Also the threat needs to be somewhat balanced, so it isn't only Kislev and The Empire that fights Chaos as always, but that they also strike Ulthuan and Naggarond, and maybe Nagash appears in the Southlands. As a Chaos faction it would be fun to fight alongside an invasion and destructive forces, rather than just being all alone with the task like in current.

Edit:
    A way to solve the 4 Chaos factions might be to have them appear in different corners of the map, like Slaanesh in Naggarond, Khorne in the Darklands, Nurgle in the Southlands, Warriors of Chaos in the Chaos Wastes, Tzeentch anywhere.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 518
    SerPus said:

Daruwind said:

That's also not the truth.

Why?

Can I imagine world where Albion, Amazons and Moot are playable factions? Yes! But it is more likely than for example having those as single RoR for DoW?

Can I imagine Wh3 with Cathay/Nippon/Ind or heck even whole world map? Sure thing, but at the same time Look at Southlands/Lustria in ME...

Can I imagine Araby as DLC? Sure but it would need more care and work from CA/GW than putting in Kislev or even making Kislev 4-6 LL.

See all this stuff depends on CA and GW to work it out. I´m just using realistic expactations. There is simple world difference between making Norsca into playable faction, Cylostra and others or adding Cathay/Araby or making Moot with 6 LLs.

For me, having single RoR in Moot will be enough to be happy as well as getting Kislev as pre-order faction... :) CA themselves said not all factions will have the same treatment, same amount of LLs. So all I´m saying, I want good DLC with good mechanics and two meaningful characters rather than 6 bloated flat ones...end of story, Feel free to disagree. :)
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    ArneSo said:

Mork said:

Stand alone map:

Of course the Northern and Southern Chaos wastes should be a bit bigger and the Far East should be shaped a bit different to avoid the „pressed against a wall“ look it has right now. But overall I think this is how the WH3 stand alone map will look like.

Cathay has a good chance to be on the map, even if it won’t be its own race it can be handled like Araby without a problem.

The same goes for Ind and Nippon.

These areas can easily be filled with placeholders.

About Cathay... I would like to quote Gorilla here: „The case for Cathay is strong.“

DoC and Ogres both need a human Civilisation as their playground so it makes sense to add the Far East.

Making the map so big would also give Ca the chance to add a lot of Crossovers. Something that wouldn’t be possible without it.

This map! So much this map!
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.