Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next DLC Speculation

The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 234
So after looking through the forums and other forms of media, it seems that there are multiple possibilities of what the next DC could be.

The next DLC will be a LP and could involve two of these four races:
Beastmen
Dwarfs
Skaven
Vampire Counts

What do you guys think it will be and what centerpiece units do you think will make the face of this upcoming DLC?

Personally I hope we get Ghorgons and Doombulls

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,279
    Beastmen vs Skaven, centerpiece unit would be the Jabberslythe.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,349
    Skaven vs BM + DE FLC is my bet, but Skaven vs VC also has a good chance in my opinion.

Skaven will obviously be Throt and Clan Moulder and BM either Ghorros or Taurox.

Moonclaw and Slugtongue are also super cool characters but less likely than the other two because of the themes.

Depending on who will take the spot, we will probably either get the Ghorgon or the Jabberslythe, since adding both at the same time would probably be to much work.

I think Ghorros Is more likely for WH2, since the Ghorgon would share animations and skeletons with some DoC units. Boneripper also has 4 arms so holding that unit back for WH3 would make sense for CA.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,112
    The stars read Skaven vs Beastmen for me.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• EterlikEterlik Registered Users Posts: 154
    If the next LP will be the last one (bevor last dlc ca said they have only 2 dlc's planned).
    I think Dark elfs will also get a lord (maybe flc?). lizardman and high elfs got 6 Lords. Skaven and Dark elfs only 5.
    At least if i were CA i would end warhammer 2 with all core having 6 lords.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,706
    My ideal DLC would be Zacharias vs Taurox, but that ain't happening.
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 141
    Skaven vs Dwarfs (or Beastmen) Darkelf FLC
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,307

Skaven vs Dwarfs (or Beastmen) Darkelf FLC

This seems most likely - but I'm far less certain about this one then pretty much any prior pack (ignoring hunter & the beast which was a curveball).
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 2,582
    It's not like we have any new information to speculate on. However, I do wonder where Dwarfs come from in these speculations. I mean, there were no hints towards them and Dwarfs predictions already were proved wrong once.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,279
    SerPus said:

It's not like we have any new information to speculate on. However, I do wonder where Dwarfs come from in these speculations. I mean, there were no hints towards them and Dwarfs predictions already were proved wrong once.

The only reason people believe so much Dwarfs are next is because Skaven vs Dwarfs is an iconic rivality. That's it.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 2,582
    neodeinos said:

Skaven vs Dwarfs is an iconic rivality

The word 'iconic' is so overused it makes me sick. Almost as much as 'fan-favorite'.

• ChristianT82ChristianT82 Registered Users Posts: 83
    I think Skaven vs Dwarfs are best saved for game 3. Vampire counts are my favorites but save them for game 3 also.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,636
    I was in the Dwarfs vs Skaven column for a while but now I’m starting to question that. The hints for Beastmen being a part of the next lord pack are starting to add up.

If I had to take a guess, I would say these are the most likely scenarios:

1. Beastmen vs Skaven
    2. Skaven vs Dwarfs
    3. Beastmen vs Wood Elves
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 794
    Bonutz619 said:

I was in the Dwarfs vs Skaven column for a while but now I’m starting to question that. The hints for Beastmen being a part of the next lord pack are starting to add up.

If I had to take a guess, I would say these are the most likely scenarios:

1. Beastmen vs Skaven
    2. Skaven vs Dwarfs
    3. Beastmen vs Wood Elves

Exact same viewpoint aside from #3 - just don’t see them doing two TWW1 race updates.

TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,201
    edited July 11
    Most likely pairings, to my mind are:
    • Dark Elves vs Wood Elves
    • Skaven vs Dwarfs
    • Vampire Counts vs Dark Elves
    • Beastmen vs Skaven
    • Beastmen vs Dark Elves
    Somebody yesterday pointed out the biggest hurdle for Beastmen vs Wood Elves isn't "DLC for DLC" or even the fact that no WH2 race is involved, but the fact that it would mean two simultaneous Old World reworks on top of the DLC, which to mean seems beyond the pale. So I think that option is right out. Likewise I don't think Skaven vs Wood Elves is very likely, there's no good LL combination or start locations that seem like they would work for that.

Dark Elves vs Wood Elves is thematically appropriate, it's just a question of who the Dark Elf LL and units would be, but I think CA has options here.

Skaven vs Dwarfs has plenty of options in terms of both LLs and units, the only question is start location.

Vampire Counts vs Dark Elves has some thematic stuff that could work, the Vampire Counts have decent unit and LL options, it's just a question of the Dark Elf side of things.

I'll leave Crossil to make the case for Beastmen vs Skaven, but it is a reasonable pairing, with plenty of content for both sides.

Beastmen vs Dark Elves also seems fitting to me, and there are good options for the Beastmen and for starting locations, it's just a question of Dark Elf units and LLs.
    Post edited by Draculasaurus on
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 4,131
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 842

Most likely pairings, to my mind are:

• Dark Elves vs Wood Elves
    • Skaven vs Dwarfs
    • Vampire Counts vs Dark Elves
    • Beastmen vs Skaven
    • Beastmen vs Dark Elves
    Somebody yesterday pointed out the biggest hurdle for Beastmen vs Wood Elves isn't "DLC for DLC" or even the fact that no WH2 race is involved, but the fact that it would mean two simultaneous Old Work reworks on top of the DLC, which to mean seems beyond the pale. So I think that option is right out. Likewise I don't think Skaven vs Wood Elves is very likely, there's no good LL combination or start locations that seem like they would work for that.

Dark Elves vs Wood Elves is thematically appropriate, it's just a question of who the Dark Elf LL and units would be, but I think CA has options here.

Skaven vs Dwarfs has plenty of options in terms of both LLs and units, the only question is start location.

Vampire Counts vs Dark Elves has some thematic stuff that could work, the Vampire Counts have decent unit and LL options, it's just a question of the Dark Elf side of things.

I'll leave Crossil to make the case for Beastmen vs Skaven, but it is a reasonable pairing, with plenty of content for both sides.

Beastmen vs Dark Elves also seems fitting to me, and there are good options for the Beastmen and for starting locations, it's just a question of Dark Elf units and LLs.
    DE is almost guaranteed to be FLC as they have practically nothing left.

Their DLC is Rakarth and generic Fleetmasters
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 646
    Time to get that sweet Ghorgon, boys.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 842
    Skavens vs Dwarf is the most realistic.

As much as I like Beastmen, them being the next DLC is nothing but wish fulfillment

One of the two dlcs will get gypped, so pairing Skavens with a low budget one like dwarf is the most realistic
  • shoobydooshoobydoo Registered Users Posts: 43
    neodeinos said:

Beastmen vs Skaven, centerpiece unit would be the Jabberslythe.

Makes the most sense, based on factions that haven't gotten a rework. Maybe throw the Wood Elves an FLC lord that doesn't use amber and let them build outposts into normal cities and then you've only got Chaos Warriors left to rework, which can be done when they have the TWW3 preorder DLC as a big opener into "everything is about chaos now".
  • shoobydooshoobydoo Registered Users Posts: 43
    SerPus said:

For some reason people see the Orcs not being terrible for the first time in several years and decide they're "entitled" to a better rework, so you have Counts and Dwarf fans that think they should get second reworks /while TWW2 is still being updated/ which obviously doesn't make sense because the reworks are specifically meant to bring TWW1 races up to speed with the TWW2 races, it would be pointless to rework them a second time. Ungrim also got a bunch of buffs, which has lead to some fans of the Gotrek and Felix books pushing Malakai Malakaisson (a character in those books, but the unit he's associated with "the goblin hewer" is actually a dogs of war unit) as a lord choice which I think is extremely unlikely, since Malakai isn't even the title character like Gotrek or Malus and doesn't appear in the army books. The Vampire fans likewise cast around for "updates", which is weird because there's not much to add and if I was CA I'd be saving Neferata for TWW3.
  • gorgos96gorgos96 Member Registered Users Posts: 80
    Beastmen vs Skaven Moulder with Bohemond Beastslayer as FLC lord.
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 646
    BM vs SK

Ghorros, Taurox or Moonclaw vs Throt

FLC - Rakarth
  • mightygloinmightygloin Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Skaven -moulder- vs Dwarfs seems the best rivalry out of the existing possibilities. Double points if it's accompanied by a proper dwarf rework.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,112
    edited July 10

Actually, it's High Elves vs Wood Elves that makes far more sense to me, just not in the next Lord Pack.

Something like Aislinn vs Drycha, the Sea and the Tree.

Or Aislinn vs Araloth/Sisters of Twilight, the battle of Heralds.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• CelrodaineCelrodaine Registered Users Posts: 52
    users vs users.

The war to know what the next Dlc is will be long. Some at CA must have fun to see us opposing our ideas, happy to keep the secret of the next Dlc.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,201
    Crossil said:

Actually, it's High Elves vs Wood Elves that makes far more sense to me, just not in the next Lord Pack.

Something like Aislinn vs Drycha, the Sea and the Tree.

Or Aislinn vs Araloth/Sisters of Twilight, the battle of Heralds.
    I was specifically thinking of Ariel's vendetta against Morathi. Obviously we can't have a Ariel vs Morathi Lord Pack, but something building off of that history might be plausible, especially since the Sisters of Twilight were strongly implied to be created by Ariel to act as her agents in the outside world. Could be some sort of proxy war.
  • HamadhunterHamadhunter Registered Users Posts: 859
    BM VS SK.

Lets the furry fight begin!

• DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 642
    edited July 10
    Let´s count LLs

Naggaroth:8 total(5 free playable)
    base-3
    dlc-1
    dlc(race)-2
    flc-2

Lustria:10(4)
    base-2
    dlc-4
    dlc(race)-2
    flc-2

Ulthuan:4(1)
    base-1
    dlc-2
    dlc(race)-1
    flc-0

South Lands:10(5)
    base-2
    dlc-3
    dlc(race)-2
    flc-3

Graveyard:1
    dlc(race)-1
    --------------------------------------------
    my bet
    1) Ulthuan is having single free/core LL - Tyrion so my prediction is on FLC starting there...DE making big sense
    2) Naggaroth getting 2 LLs as in total it is just 8 LLs comparing to 10 in both Lustria and South Lands.
    Given recent comments about BM and Naggaroth, that means BM LL and who can be second...Like I would say CA will move clan Moulder because currently it is being in South Lands right next to other Skaven LL...

Definitely Dwarfs or VC in Naggaroth? Probably no...
    --------------------------------------------
    Blue+red = core + flc = "free" content for base game
    orange + green = paid DLC..paid content

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,102
    It'll be what it is. It's shrug worthy at this point.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • PilthoidPilthoid Registered Users Posts: 235
    Of that group, the beastmen need the most work.

The vampire counts could use a new lord model for the necrarchs. And possibly dome new voice lines for them. Honestly I see them more as an new lord and mechanics type of thing. It’s not like their roster is neutered like the beast men army is.

You want to fix hordes? Let them recruit at all times not just in camp. Just let them recruit slower while moving or potentially only certain types of units. Nothing kills your momentum like letting the whole world act and advance while you wait for 3 spearmen