Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Missing Army Lists: Barrow Kings

ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,712
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
The Barrow Kings Army List was for Heinrich Kemmler but has several units that could be added to the Vampire Counts in general.

Lords & Heroes
- Shadow Druid
- Barrow King

Units:
- Ghosts
- Glooms
- Simulacra
- Embalmed Ones
- Unquiet Horsemen
- Barrow Guardians
- Dread Guardians
- Winged Nightmare

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

Comments

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 4,101
    Seems interesting! I would point out that some of these units would be pretty redundant, Barrow Guardians are identical to grave guard, Barrow kings seem like a slightly weaker wight king in a chariot, and shadow druids are just ethereal necromancers. Some of them seem really cool though, especially Simulcra.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,712

Seems interesting! I would point out that some of these units would be pretty redundant, Barrow Guardians are identical to grave guard, Barrow kings seem like a slightly weaker wight king in a chariot, and shadow druids are just ethereal necromancers. Some of them seem really cool though, especially Simulcra.

I agree but some of these units would definitely be cool additions.

Barrow Guardians could work as a elite spear unit or maybe even a halberd unit.

Shadow Druids would basically be Ghostly Lords which could buff a pure Ethereal army build. Something like that would be quite interesting especially with more ethereal units like Ghosts and Glooms. That’s something the Counts don’t have right now. I think Undead in 4th edition also had a Cairn Wraith Lord so something like that would make sense

Unquiet Horsemen could be a cheaper cavalry unit for the early game, nothing fancy I know.

I think Simulacra, Embalmed Ones and the Winged Nightmare are the coolest units from that list.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,092
    The Simulacra and GARGOYLES (which is another unit that exists in the lore) would both be absolutely great additions to the Vampire Counts, as they would be really tough units and they could even potentially have a special synergy-character for these stone-creatures.

Could be expanded upon further.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    This would be a lot of work for very little practical reward.. The Barrow Legion is already basically this army, except it has more tactical versatility and an option to confederate other VC factions..

This would be a lot of work for very little practical reward.. The Barrow Legion is already basically this army, except it has more tactical versatility and an option to confederate other VC factions..

Well it would add more Ethereal units, an Ethereal Lord, some more infantry options.

Of course not everything from that list is great, but it’s something Ca could use as an inspiration.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    ArneSo said:

Well it would add more Ethereal units, an Ethereal Lord, some more infantry options.

Of course not everything from that list is great, but it’s something Ca could use as an inspiration.
    Just add those to the VC roster..

ArneSo said:

Just add those to the VC roster..
    That’s exactly what I was saying in my original post.

CA could add some units from that list to the VC with a future LP.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    Love the mummies, my first warhammer fantasy game was dark omen and I hated those as enemies.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,907
  • Captain_DakkaCaptain_Dakka Registered Users Posts: 21
    I like the idea of Simulacra as gothic style Gargoyles. Not a fan of just grey colored tomb kings units.
    Pretty lore friendly for though. Kemmler is well travelled. That being said, I can see him learning the technique of makIng his own.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,048
    Embalmed Ones are pretty much 4th edition mummies?
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,048
    ArneSo said:

I agree but some of these units would definitely be cool additions.

Barrow Guardians could work as a elite spear unit or maybe even a halberd unit.

Shadow Druids would basically be Ghostly Lords which could buff a pure Ethereal army build. Something like that would be quite interesting especially with more ethereal units like Ghosts and Glooms. That’s something the Counts don’t have right now. I think Undead in 4th edition also had a Cairn Wraith Lord so something like that would make sense

Unquiet Horsemen could be a cheaper cavalry unit for the early game, nothing fancy I know.

I think Simulacra, Embalmed Ones and the Winged Nightmare are the coolest units from that list.
    Agree.