Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is Total War: Warhammer 2 in your top 10 games of all time?

XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Just curious. I have 1,613 hours logged in the game. There are only a few other games I've given that much of myself to.

1) Halo 3
2) Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong-Quest
3) Super Smash Bros: Melee
4) Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
5) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
6) Borderlands 2
7) Starcraft: Brood Wars
8) Total War: Warhammer II
9) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I have to have special mentions that probable make #10 depending on what day of the week it is.
Fire Emblem
Pokemon
Super Mario World
Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.

Comments

• Sparkwarrior777#6123Sparkwarrior777#6123 Registered Users Posts: 245
    I agree.
    Total war warhammer series in general is in my top ten. I have 700 hours in mortal empires I haven’t even played the other campaigns
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,161
    edited July 2020
    I don't think it'd be the best, that title has to go to Fortnite. Now that's a prolific game.

Seriously though I wouldn't personally rank the games I've played, but it's certainly one I've got a whole bunch of time on and I enjoy quite a lot (hence why I'm on the forums). It'd definitely be one of my more enjoyed games.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022
    edited July 2020

I don't think it'd be the best, that title has to go to Fortnite. Now that's a prolific game.

Seriously though I wouldn't personally rank the games I've played, but it's certainly one I've got a whole bunch of time on and I enjoy quite a lot (hence why I'm on the forums). It'd definitely be one of my more enjoyed games.

Its actually really hard to rank them lmao. Top 3 is a lock for me. But after that its starting to get to the point of picking between children.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • Sparkwarrior777#6123Sparkwarrior777#6123 Registered Users Posts: 245

Its actually really hard to rank them lmao. Top 3 is a lock for me. But after that its starting to get to the point of picking between children.

Pick the one’s that you can come back to in retirement to support you in your feeble age.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,823

Pick the one’s that you can come back to in retirement to support you in your feeble age.
    So the ones with mods ;)?
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,735
    edited July 2020
    4000+ hours logged in. You could say I like it a little.

I’d say it’s definitely my favorite game of all time. I’ve never put so many hours into a video game before. I’ve been on these forums practically everyday for the past few years just to discuss the game...also something I’ve never done before.

Second choice would be the Witcher 3. Third choice would probably be Mass Effect.
    Post edited by Bonutz#3949 on
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • MooncakeMooncake Registered Users Posts: 658
    Definitely. Not sure exactly where it would place though.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    This is the only game series where I can lead a horde of a couple thousand undead horrors whilst my character looms over a battlefield astride a zombie dragon, wielding dark magics to slay my foes in scores at a time, so yes.
    ò_ó
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 600
    Funnily enough, no. Despite the 2700 hours logged in just game 2, no. Not even close.

It is by far the game I have spent the most time with, but still no.

1. Witcher 3.
    2. Horizon Zero Dawn
    3. Red Dead Redemption
    4. Mass Effect 2
    5. Kingdom Hearts

And on and on and on. Not sure it even cracks the top 20.
  • Schussel#7671Schussel#7671 Registered Users Posts: 1,038
  • Loreguy#1056Loreguy#1056 Registered Users Posts: 1,815
    Steam playtime say yes.
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,262
    That´s actually a good question, one that made me think for a good while.

Total War Warhammer 2 is without a doubt on the top 5 list of games that i played the most throughout the years, not at the top but it´s up there.

At first i were inclined to say yes, it´s one of the best games i have ever played but then i thought:
    Is it actually one of my top 10 preferred games?, I´m not so sure when i think about it, it´s a great game without a doubt and i have enjoyed playing it for the majority of the 6000 hours i have been logged into it, but frankly there have been too many issues with it over the years for it to enter my list i think. Just a general lack of polish, and that paired with the time it have taken them to fix issues have taken it´s toll.

Who knows when Total War Warhammer 3 have been out for a few years and if they did a better job of keeping it polished that game might enter my list.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,262
    Maybe we are also inclined to have old games on our list of "Goat" for nostalgia reasons, like i´m thinking about many of the games i enjoyed playing in my childhood when i contemplate making a list. If i played those today i would be bored out of my mind after half an hour i bet.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,579
    1. Europa Universalis: 2649h
    2. Star Trek Online: 2646h
    3. Total War Attila: 2530h
    4. Crusader Kings: 2063h
    5. Total War Warhammer 2: 1763h
    6. Ark Survival Evolved: 1181h
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
    edited July 2020
    I'm going to say no. Maybe top 10 strategy game though.
  • Bereaver#4201Bereaver#4201 Registered Users Posts: 968
    It is one of my most beloved games. Warhammer universe, Great gameplay, awesome graphics and variety, never-ending additions of new content make it one of my all-time favourites.

I equally love many other games.

Warcraft, Dawn of War, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Gothic, Fable, Tales of Maj Eyal also hold same special place in my heart.

I just love good video games of RPG and RTS genre!
  • Ekix#9944Ekix#9944 Registered Users Posts: 1,992
    edited July 2020
    Yes, it was hard to come whith this list:

1.Dominions 5
    2.Crusader Kings II
    3.Fire Emblem Awakening (all saga too)

4.Total War Warhammer 2 (all saga)

5.Shin Megami Tensei IV (all saga too)
    6.Total War Rome 2
    7.XCOM 2
    8.Skyrim
    9.Imperator: Rome
    10.Baldurs Gate saga (and Never Winter Nights)

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,648
    My top games regarding playtime:
    - Rome 2
    - WH2
    - Elder Scrolls Online
    - WH1
    - Fallout 4
    - Skyrim
    - Witcher 3
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • FloppingerFloppinger Registered Users Posts: 578
    Can´t say what my top 10 is.

What the Warhammer trilogy definetly has done for me so far, is rekindle my excitement for the Total War series.

Including Attila, buying Total War games was par for the course for me ever since I played the first Shogun game.
    But Medieval 2 was the last Total War title that really got me to play for hundreds of hours. The others I played a bit until the novelty wore off and that was that. Until Total War: Warhammer and now Warhammer 2.

According to my Steam library my most played games are Path of Exile and Warframe. Are they my favourites? I don´t think so. Just my go to games when I´m bored and the isn´t really anything that excites me to play.

My favourite game of all time used to be World of Tanks. That was from its release until about the end of 2016 after that the game was clearly moving in a direction I didn´t like and so I stopped playing.
    That and Lord of the Rings Online, which I stopped playing shortly before it became free to play (but didn´t stop because of that) are my most played games of all time.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,747
    If only I had time for all these different games...
    Prettiest of the foot overlords.
  • Horus89Horus89 Registered Users Posts: 318
    My most played Steam games:
    1) Total War: Rome II
    2) Total War: Attila
    3) Total War: Warhammer 2
    4) Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    5) Total War: Warhammer

If I count GOG - 1)Total War: Rome II 2)Total War: Attila 3)Wtcher 3 4)Warhammer 2 5)Baldurs Gate 2
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited July 2020
    I don't really count favorites. However, it would be... close? or in bottom of the top ten list for me?

Dunno, would need to remind myself of all the good games I have played but one disadvantage is that it's split between two game modes so that neither is excellent. It's why I feel more for RTS games and Grand Strategy Games than for this weird mix that TW is. So games like Dawn of War, Starcraft, Warcraft take the cake and EU3, CK2 and so on are the replacement for it to an extent. And that's only among the strategy games without accounting for other genres as well as some old games that I like due to nostalgia and play to this day because of that alone.

I mean.... it's great because of the setting and battles but overall it feels like the TW formula itself is the weak point. Not a massive weak point but still.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • mattdanielcmattdanielc Registered Users Posts: 15
    Yes it's in my top 5:

1) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    2) Total War: Warhammer 2
    3) Starcraft
    4) Red Dead Redemption
    5) The Last of Us

The other Total War title in my top 20 is Rome 2.
  • Processing#6286Processing#6286 Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 815
    It is certainly amazing game, but no.

If I have to choose only the best singleplayer game from every franchise, my list would be:

1) Gothic 2: The night of the Raven
    2) Red Dead Redemption 2
    3) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    4) Assassin's Creed 3
    5) Life is Strange
    6) Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the first Sin
    7) Bloodborne
    8) Uncharted 4: A thief's end
    9) God of War 3
    10) Metal Gear Solid 5: A phantom's pain

Total War Warhammer II would be in top 20 games though.

I didn't include multiplayer games because they change as the time goes on.
  • Samsion95Samsion95 Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited July 2020
    Yes. Total War is the only game series I have been playing since childhood that I still haven't grown bored of. I even revisit older titles like M2 and R1 on occasion

My only other games that rank up there with TW games are Borderlands 1 & 2, Witcher 3, TES games, Loved ME1 and DA Origins but lost interest in the series as they continued
    Current Top 5 Total War Games
    1) Three Kingdoms
    2) Thrones Of Britannia
    3) Warhammer 1 & 2 - Vortex
    4) Shogun 2
    5) Attila

Other favorites - Medieval 1 and Napoleon
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    From personal pov, doesn't matter. Every person love different things.

For gaming point of view, maybe in top 100 list. Top 10, no way.
  • kelembribor#4603kelembribor#4603 Registered Users Posts: 790
    Yes it certainly belongs with the greats, especially with improvements and effort in fixing the game so long.

Baldurs Gate 2 ( Infinity engine games)
    Dawn of War 1&2
    Dishonored
    Old Bioware ( Dragon Age 1, Mass Effect, Swotor)
    Old Blizzard ( Diablo 1,2, Starcraft 1, Warcraft 3 without Throne)
    Witcher series
    Total War games

• Otters007#7127Otters007#7127 Registered Users Posts: 1,609
    Definite top 5 for me. Although it is the game I have spent the most time with, its not quite no.1:

1) The Witcher 3
    2) Mass Effect 3
    3) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    4) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    5) Total War: Warhammer 2

• RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,089
    edited July 2020
    I'd say yes absolutely. I've got what 2500 hours in TWW2 and another 700 or so in TWW1. Other highlights in my gaming history includes Baldurs Gate, the Witcher 1-3, Command and Conquer: Red Alert, the Starcraft and Warcraft games, World of Warcraft, Resident Evil, Deus Ex, Grand Theft Auto games from the first up until probably the fourth, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and just The Old Republic itself and various Championship/Football Manager games.

Still playing Total War Warhammer 2 though to the exclusion of everything else.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Caffynated#2235Caffynated#2235 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,466
    edited July 2020
    No. It isn't even the best Total War game and might not be top 50.

Maybe if we limit it to just strategy games it could sneak into the top 20.

1. Birthright The Gorgon's Alliance
    2. Lords of the Realm II
    3. Lords of Magic
    4. Starcraft
    5. Crusader Kings II
    6. Hearts of Iron III
    7. Sins of Solar Empire
    8. Age of Empires II
    9. Medieval Total War II
    10. Masters of Orion
    11. Empire Total War
    12. Starcraft II
    13. Hearts of Iron IV
    14. Galactic Civilizations II
    15. Age of Empires
    16. Shogun Total War II
    17. Medieval Total War
    18. Lords of the Realm
    19. Civ III
    20. Warhammer Total War II

Edit: Nevermind I forgot Dawn of War 1. That bumps it of the list.