Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are We So Sure the Next Lord Pack is the Last?

DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,234
Consensus around here broadly seems to be that the next Lord Pack, expected some time around October, will be the final one before WH3 and its pre-order DLC are announced. This is based on the following comment from @Grace_CA in the last AMA on reddit:

This came out before The Warden and the Paunch was formally revealed, though by this point everybody knew it was coming. What followed were a number of comments asking for clarification, which was not provided. Instead, we have all assumed that Grace meant the next two Lord Packs included the upcoming WatP. What if it that wasn't what she meant at all?

It's explicitly stated that this isn't set in stone and is subject to change. That could mean that COVID caused delays and hiccups for the CA team, and maybe a planned Lord Pack got scrapped. Or maybe it could mean that if WatP was a bigger success than expected there was a chance they might do another Lord Pack. Or maybe we just misinterpreted her and she wasn't counting the WatP in this statement at all.

To clarify, I am not saying we should expect two more Lord Packs before the WH3 announcement. What I am saying is it's possible, and if for a moment we set aside our assumptions about only one pack remaining, what does this possibility change?

To me, it means three things. One, it increases the odds of a DLC for DLC Lord Pack, as otherwise they might run a bit low on content. Two, it means three Old World Updates before WH3, assuming one comes with the pre-order. Three, it means an additional FLC lord.

In what other ways would this possibility alter our existing calculations?

Comments

• GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 288
    The question is: Have they fixed the last DLC yet?
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 212
    One lord pack and pre-order. It is known.

Anything else will be bonus.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    GuTaiYP said:

Why do people keep blaming the DLC? These bugs would be in regardless of if you bought it or not.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,205
    Anything is possible/it's all rampant speculation. Nitpicking reddit statements for hypothetical extrapolations, as well as trying to make any predictions about how working from home affects development time is really just a wild stab in the dark.

IF I had to take my own random stab in the dark, I'd say the whole 'working from home' thing has a greater effect on delaying Warhammer 3 than anything, since that is the most work/likely requires the largest coordinated team of any of the currently on-going projects.

Since Lord Packs take less work/rely more on existing assets....I would venture to guess that IF Warhammer 3 gets delayed enough, I could see CA releasing additional Lord Packs (more than 2) to fill the time between now and Warhammer 3's delayed release.

But neither myself, nor anyone else, has any real idea.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,485
    edited July 13
    who knows but honestly I'd be happy with just one more LP and a game three announcement soon after followed by pre-order bonus , I think it's time and I'm ready to play game three and new races.

LPs have been fun, but game two race content is running dry and I'd like to see a few LPs in game three. What I most want to see is BM, WE, WoC updated along with a few LLs and hopefully BM and WoC getting new units, ether in a LP or on game threes release.

I'm eager to play those OK big boys

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,234
    Timpeyo said:

who knows but honestly I'd be happy with just one more LP and a game three announcement soon after followed by pre-order bonus , I think it's time and I'm ready to play game three and new races.

LPs have been fun, but game two race content is running dry and I'd like to see a few LPs in game three. What I most want to see is BM, WE, WoC updated along with a few LLs and hopefully BM and WoC getting new units, ether in a LP or on game threes release.

The BM/WE/WoC updates are one of the main things that give me pause. So far Old World Updates only come alongside a DLC. If all three of those were to get updated before WH3 comes out, it would mean three DLCs between now and then.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,330

Timpeyo said:

The BM/WE/WoC updates are one of the main things that give me pause. So far Old World Updates only come alongside a DLC. If all three of those were to get updated before WH3 comes out, it would mean three DLCs between now and then.
    I think WoC are going to be a game three thing. Possibly WE & BM before... would make sense but we will see.

Timpeyo said:

I think WoC are going to be a game three thing. Possibly WE & BM before... would make sense but we will see.
    That's a general assumption we all have, that the WoC are going to be saved until WH3 to be updated... but we've really only based that on the idea that WH3 will be Chaos-centric and that there isn't enough DLC coming for the needed number of Old World Updates. WH3 probably will be Chaos-centric, but CA may very well update the WoC before that, especially if another Lord Pack than we expect is in the works.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 208
    Maybe for us it was clear that W&P DLC was coming but only after that statement CA announced it. Before that statement we did not officially know about the May DLC.

So I think the next one might be the last LP and then comes the Pre Order DLc
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,309
    We could totally get more DLCs than what's planned, we don't know how far CA is planning the content.

Considering CA wants to rework all the WH1 races before the end of WH2 I wouldn't be surprised if we get more lord packs than what's currently planned but for now we should consider the next lord pack is the last one until CA shows otherwise.
  • adjungadjung Registered Users Posts: 250
    The very existence of this thread is a testament to CA's incompetence at communication.

If she can say that there are 2 more planned, why is she unable to clarify whether that includes the Warden and the Paunch and also whether that includes preorder?

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 288

GuTaiYP said:

Why do people keep blaming the DLC? These bugs would be in regardless of if you bought it or not.
    Having their indulgence and luxuries with OUR money in their pockets while we still wait for a PROPER patch to be released, well, guess you could do the math.
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    edited July 13
    adjung said:

The very existence of this thread is a testament to CA's incompetence at communication.

If she can say that there are 2 more planned, why is she unable to clarify whether that includes the Warden and the Paunch and also whether that includes preorder?

Because the people upstairs don't want to tell us ? Remember CA are the servants of Tzeentch and vagueness is common.

Warhammer marketing approach could be seen as "we like mystery and vague teases that might mean absolutely nothing but we want you to ponder them for eternity"
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 656
    Depends on Wh3 release date. If it is May-ish 2021 then LP+ pre-order. If it is more like September 2021 then maybe just maybe 2 LPs + pre-order...

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,309
    adjung said:

Warden and the Paunch was not even announced at the time so it makes sense this statement included W&P, that leaves us with one remaining lord pack. Though the communication lately has been pretty bad but Grace commented on Reddit she had a lot of personnal issues, I can't really blame her for the communication but couldn't CA find someone else to replace her and communicate ?

The people in charge on the management really seem to be incompetent or they just don't care at all. Maybe both.
  • HamadhunterHamadhunter Registered Users Posts: 865
    neodeinos said:

adjung said:

Warden and the Paunch was not even announced at the time so it makes sense this statement included W&P, that leaves us with one remaining lord pack. Though the communication lately has been pretty bad but Grace commented on Reddit she had a lot of personnal issues, I can't really blame her for the communication but couldn't CA find someone else to replace her and communicate ?

The people in charge on the management really seem to be incompetent or they just don't care at all. Maybe both.
    James seems pretty good, i would like him replacing grace.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 3,114
    The question isn't whether there will be a LP after the one (presumably) in October. The question is if the one in (presumably) October will even come. Covid-19 may have thrown a wrench in their release and work schedule and I find it highly unlikely that they will have found time for MORE DLC as a result of Covid-19..

The question isn't whether there will be a LP after the one (presumably) in October. The question is if the one in (presumably) October will even come. Covid-19 may have thrown a wrench in their release and work schedule and I find it highly unlikely that they will have found time for MORE DLC as a result of Covid-19..

Man, that'll really suck the wind out of my bet with Crossil.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,158
    Yep, unless the pre order bonus is a lord pack (nooooooooooo)
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,655
    edited July 13
    No one knows for certain. Grace left it ambiguously vague...most likely on purpose.

If I had to wager, I think we’re going to get 1 more lord pack and then the preorder.

Warhammer 3 announcement around November - December this year with a release around Summer 2021.
    Post edited by Bonutz on
    Bonutz619 said:

No one knows for certain. Grace left it unambiguously vague...most likely on purpose.

If I had to wager, I think we’re going to get 1 more lord pack and then the preorder.

Warhammer 3 announcement around November - December this year with a release around Summer 2021.

Out of curiosity, what makes you go with that wager as opposed to another?
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,485

Timpeyo said:

I think WE might be the exception and have an update between now/dlc/game three I think LLs are what they most need and hopefully could come as flcs but with own fun mechanics, I'm prob the only one but I would like and could see a BM v WoC LP as the last, looking past all the arguments ppl have for dlc game one races but if not they could be added to nearer game three as others might suspect

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,522
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,655

Bonutz619 said:

No one knows for certain. Grace left it unambiguously vague...most likely on purpose.

Just a gut feeling really. I don’t have any evidence whatsoever to support my claim. Just speculation.

I think that 2021 is going to be the year of Warhammer 3. CA will want to focus exclusively on marketing for that game come 2021. I think they were hoping they could squeeze in 2 more lord packs in 2020 but the pandemic and WFH situation likely altered those plans.
  • trueshot211trueshot211 Registered Users Posts: 129
    Bonutz619 said:

Bonutz619 said:

Just a gut feeling really. I don’t have any evidence whatsoever to support my claim. Just speculation.

I think that 2021 is going to be the year of Warhammer 3. CA will want to focus exclusively on marketing for that game come 2021. I think they were hoping they could squeeze in 2 more lord packs in 2020 but the pandemic and WFH situation likely altered those plans.
    I agree. I think CA was leaning on two additional DLC releases after W&P before the pandemic occurred.

I am personally hoping they opt for two more DLC releases. It would give them enough leeway to revisit at least a subset of Old World races that are kind of lackluster (Wood Elves, Beastmen, Vampire Counts, Dwarfs) and leave the game in a solid place before the sequel is released. Remember there is usually a decent amount of time between an announcement and a game's release and the residual sales on TW:WH seem pretty good. I think there's still a chance here.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,753
    Personally think it is fairly certain that we have 1 LP left then whatever the pre-order is (assuming the pre-order is like Norsca and comes in game 2, it may not).

If the whole "2 LPs left" thing was said after the announce of W&P then granted it becomes far more ambiguous, but it wasn't. It is fairly irrelevent that we all knew what was coming (well, there were a few who argued for other things but rightly few took any other option seriously), it seems rather odd to take fan's expectations of a pack as an unrevealed DLC not counting towards the flat out statement the "2 more LPs are planned".

Imo if we don't have 1 more LP left then it will be because of COVID, not because it was planned. Whilst the question of "does the next LP count" was not answered it was a fairly clear statement - CA has generally hardly even aknowledged DLC's exist outside of a day or two before the announce (by which I mean they are clearly making a DLC, but rarely admit anything other than a DLC is being worked on), so a claim that 2 LPs are left surely encompasses a DLC that was, as I recall, several weeks from even being announced.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    Goatforce said:

Personally think it is fairly certain that we have 1 LP left then whatever the pre-order is (assuming the pre-order is like Norsca and comes in game 2, it may not).

If the whole "2 LPs left" thing was said after the announce of W&P then granted it becomes far more ambiguous, but it wasn't. It is fairly irrelevent that we all knew what was coming (well, there were a few who argued for other things but rightly few took any other option seriously), it seems rather odd to take fan's expectations of a pack as an unrevealed DLC not counting towards the flat out statement the "2 more LPs are planned".

Imo if we don't have 1 more LP left then it will be because of COVID, not because it was planned. Whilst the question of "does the next LP count" was not answered it was a fairly clear statement - CA has generally hardly even aknowledged DLC's exist outside of a day or two before the announce (by which I mean they are clearly making a DLC, but rarely admit anything other than a DLC is being worked on), so a claim that 2 LPs are left surely encompasses a DLC that was, as I recall, several weeks from even being announced.

I think the last lord pack will be dependent on them having enough time to make the pre-order bonus too. If the launch of WH3 isn't gonna be delayed and COVID is causing the DLC team to take longer to make DLC then they might bin the last lord pack so they have enough time. They also need time to add the content into WH3 properly, the closer we get to launch for WH3 the riskier it is for them to add content to WH2 whilst trying to avoid a Norsca situation again
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,467
    I am tired of LP, really. At this point, not even want another one.

For single reason, they should rework race who need it badly, GS got, Empire got, but if I have to wait till december 2021 to last Lp drop with BM, WE rework, I hardly care.

Losing interest in game 3, no news, nothing. I played like 1 campaing after Worden and Pounch, and I am done with Wh 2 again.

Game need fresh race, that simple, for me. Few new units for new race ain gonna cut it, not anymore.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,160
    edited July 13

Timpeyo said:

Those are all statements and assumptions from before the pandemic. Even the voicelines are older than when the full extent of the pandemic became obvious. Before that there were plans for another DLC for WE rework and then WoC could get their rework with pre-order so everything is accounted for without 3 LPs.

Assume the worst. Assume they scrapped the WE update containing DLC, if the statement there is literal. Also, you can assume that means there's no WE v BM DLC coming up because WE were intended to get a DLC + update later on.

If there is even a plan for such an extensive list of updates that includes even WoC. WoC could've been skipped relatively easily as Monogods await us in game 3 and those would matter more to WoC than to BM.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,485
    It's entirely possible we get two more LPs. If just all depends on when WH3 is coming out. If it's coming out late next year, then it's likely we do get two more LPs.