Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If skaven are the next dlc.....

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,737
    edited July 2020
    Vampire Counts are also in desperate need of a LP.

I don’t like that comparison. People also called LM the new VC just because CA finished them first.

Skaven are still 1 LL behind HE and LM and they have still tons of content left.

Skaven really deserve some love! We had enough elves for a while! Skaven need it
    Post edited by ArneSo on
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,650
    Skaven need some love, it´s a TRAVESTY that they have received ZERO Dlc´s this YEAR.....

#OurFurryFriendsDeserveJustice

#SKavenAreMasterRace

#GoFurryOrGoHome

#ThanquolIsOurLordAndSavior

"Yum Yum"
  • Rubz2293Rubz2293 Registered Users Posts: 390
    ArneSo said:

I don’t like that comparison. People also called LM the new VC just because CA finished them first.

Skaven are still 1 LL behind HE and LM and they have still tons of content left.

Skaven really deserve some love! We had enough elves for while! Skaven need it

Remember when people said CA are favouring Elves because they got the first WH2 Lord Pack?

Remember when people said CA hates Lizardmen and Skaven because Vampire Coast was released before their Lord Pack?

Remember when people said CA favours undead because Vampire Counts got their rework together with the release of Vampire Coast?

Remember when people said CA favours undead because all the race pack of WH2 were undead factions? (For some reason some people also had the absurd idea that Coast, TK and VC are all the same race/culture at some point).

Remember when people said CA favours Lizardmen because they got 2 LP's in a row? ... what happened to the CA favours Elves thing then..

People are dumb. This fanbase is dumb.
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Registered Users Posts: 1,307
    ArneSo said:

I would like a Skaven vs VC DLC.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,608
    Quality wise? Yes, they are.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 365
    edited July 2020
    Moulder And Throt will come soon with Dwarfs or Beastmen. to be on the same match as Lizards and HEs. Hellpit start eshin contract's and Clanstone Yes-yes #stichtheskinmoldtheflesh
    Post edited by ToxicFlames on

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,426
    In TWW1 people got annoyed with the VC because the other races had so much missing stuff.

Whereas in TWW2, the non-Skaven races are more or less complete, you have to dig quite deep to find new Lords. So deep few of us can think of any. The only notable Lords really left are both Skaven, Thanquol and Throt, so I don't think it's comparable.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2020
    Arsenic said:

In TWW1 people got annoyed with the VC because the other races had so much missing stuff.

Whereas in TWW2, the non-Skaven races are more or less complete, you have to dig quite deep to find new Lords. So deep few of us can think of any. The only notable Lords really left are both Skaven, Thanquol and Throt, so I don't think it's comparable.

"Dig deep"?
    Really?

There's still three big lizardmen names with Tetto'eko, Oxylotl and Huinitenuchli. (four if you count Chakax/Huinitenuchli seperately but they would obviously come as a paired Hero/Lord combo.)

Dark Elves still have two characters that could easily be lords, Rakarth the most prominent pick.

High Elves have Aislinn (and for some reason people want Finnubar

How about all the actual emblematic lords of the four other vampire bloodlines? They're at least as big a deal as the heads of each major skaven clan.

There's ample clamor for Malakai and more dwarf lords still missing.

There's a strong lust for more elector counts (like memelord Toddy)

Do I want Throt to be in the game? Yes, but dismissing everything else that's still missing as "digging deep" seems very disingenuous.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,650
    MrDragon said:

Arsenic said:

"Dig deep"?
    Really?

There's still three big lizardmen names with Tetto'eko, Oxylotl and Huinitenuchli. (four if you count Chakax/Huinitenuchli seperately but they would obviously come as a paired Hero/Lord combo.)

Dark Elves still have two major characters that could easily be lords, Rakarth the most prominent pick.

How about all the actual emblematic lords of the four other vampire bloodlines? They're at least as big a deal as the heads of each major skaven clan.

Do I want Throt to be in the game? Yes, but dismissing everything else that's still missing as "digging deep" seems very disingenuous.
    Not more disingenuous than to label Rakarth as a "Major character".

Tho i agree with your overall sentiment.

"Yum Yum"
    Reeks said:

Not more disingenuous than to label Rakarth as a "Major character".

Tho i agree with your overall sentiment.

I mean... who is a better candidate for legendary lord beastmaster?
    Though I'll admit my knowledge of Elves outside of Wood Elves is extremely limited. For the latter most of my knowledge is actually more centered around the forest spirits... because F*dge Elves.

I'll edit my post and assume you're a better judge of how big of a deal Rakarth is.
    Thanks for the vote of support though.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,421
    Skaven are simply important and have loads more units and mechanics remaining.

Horned Rat Akbar
    MrDragon said:

If I was going to be disingenuous, it'd be over a far more important subject than characters in a sodding videogame.
    MrDragon said:

Dark Elves still have two characters that could easily be lords, Rakarth the most prominent pick.

Half the characters you've mentioned didn't even warrant a model in the old TT. Finubar never so much as got rules.
    And Rakarth, prominent? I was the first person to bring him up on this forum, and it was because he was, after Googling, the only other Dark Elf character with a model and rules since everyone was so convinced we were getting Throt and Malus was "too generic". Prominent he is not. Although am curious who the other one is you're thinking of.
    MrDragon said:

What about them? They are all for TWW1 races. The OP was asking if the Skaven were being given more content than the other races in TWW2, as the Vampires were in TWW1 not the game overall.

You could argue reasonably Tretch isn't worth adding, but Throt and Thanquol are far more important than any of the characters you've mentioned. By quite a bit.
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 793
    edited July 2020
    MrDragon said:

Not really. The Vampire Counts have pretty much always been the Von Carstein show because, well, they're the ones closest to classical movie vampires and that's what people want out of the hammer horror movie faction.

That's why all the other bloodlines got gradually phased out of tabletop rules, being mentioned less and less with each passing edition.
  • WarfieldWarfield Registered Users Posts: 396
    Well, if not Skaven vs Dwarfs now, then when???

Seriously. As much as I would like to see a Beastmen vs Wood Elf DLC, does two game one factions as DLC for game 2 make any sense given our current understanding of CA's product model? If so, then someone please explain it to me. Perhaps that explanation would also give credence to a Skaven vs Dwarfs DLC for game three.

Warfield Undermountain
    Dwarf Lord of Stone and Steel
    LINK: Dwarf Engineering DLC
    Daemons of Chaos vs Dwarfs - The Daemon and The Slayer DLC
    Greenskins vs Dwarfs - The Troll-Eater and The Vengeful DLC

• Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,408
    I'll change your mind...

That sign should read: "Skaven are the Vampire Counts of Warhammer 2"! That's an important distinction outside of a scenario like this, where we probably all know what you mean (more or less).

The fact that no further information was required in the OP shows how overdone the CA favouritism joke is.
    Rubzy said:

ArneSo said:

Remember when people said CA are favouring Elves because they got the first WH2 Lord Pack?

Remember when people said CA hates Lizardmen and Skaven because Vampire Coast was released before their Lord Pack?

Remember when people said CA favours undead because Vampire Counts got their rework together with the release of Vampire Coast?

Remember when people said CA favours undead because all the race pack of WH2 were undead factions? (For some reason some people also had the absurd idea that Coast, TK and VC are all the same race/culture at some point).

Remember when people said CA favours Lizardmen because they got 2 LP's in a row? ... what happened to the CA favours Elves thing then..

People are dumb. This fanbase is dumb.
    I feel like this sometimes, but you have to remember that a large part of the fanbase are literally children or close enough to it. Losing your patience with others or everyone in the group is normal, but perspective needs to keep temper in check.

The whole "it's not fair" teenager trope will always be alive and well and it is easy, in the internet age, for 14-year-olds to influence 40-year-olds as much as the other way round. The assumption of parity is the beauty and yet dangerous mistake of the faceless medium we throw ourselves into.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,283
    I don't get this meme about the Vampire Counts. Yes, they got the most stuff in Warhammer 1 with 2 FLC lords, a FLC unit, and a DLC. But it's not like the other races didn't get anything; Empire got 3 wizard choices as FLC and Chaos got 3 units all at once. Also, Warhammer 1 only had a life of 16 months and only had 2 lord packs in total while Warhammer 2 is coming up on its third anniversary.

It's not like the content they got was great either. Grim and Grave gave them critically missing units from their 8th edition rule book and a literal who for a lord choice. They stuff they got as "extra" content was arguably mostly cut content: the Corpse Carts, Krell, and Blood Knights all should have been in at launch

Compare that with the Skaven: two phenomenal DLCs with some of the best mechanics in the game and an alright FLC lord. Yes, the Skryre DLC is more or less necessary because is has some of the best Skaven units in the game, but the attention to detail on pretty much all of the Skaven DLC is insane.

This meme that Vampire Counts were the favored race in game 1 and is somehow still a favored race needs to die. They've been hung out to dry for almost 2 years now.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    I dont think CA gives a damn about the Anti-Vampire Crybabies, Vampires got a nice rework and the Vampirecoast was made up from a minor lore faction and this was long after "Vampire outrage".
  • DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Registered Users Posts: 266
    MrDragon said:

Arsenic said:

"Dig deep"?
    Really?

I find the fact that you're comparing Throt and Thanqol with tons of no-name characters that weren't even important enough to ever get a model on tabletop...

seriously, Huinitenuchli? just because you stumbled upon some random characters after doing a deep dive on 1d4chan doesn't mean they're relevant at all. the text in my comment is more verbose than the entire history of most of those guys

The fact is, Skaven have significant units and characters left that offer actually unique and distinct roles on their roster whereas 90% of what you listed was total bunkum.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,403
    One of us didnt play at launch it seems...

Never forget the Tretch, never forgive
    Soon
    Actually most of the lords I suggested are common names slung around on this forum.

I do find it hilarious how offended some people seem to get that I'm comparing Lord X to Lord Y when all I said is that there's plenty left on other factions.
    Then if I list something obscure they gloss over the relevant picks just to attack the weakpoint.

The point is that Skaven are not the only faction missing "important" characters. Which I guess is too much of a loaded and ambiguous term.

I'm all for Throt coming next. I like Clan Moulder.
    It's just so petty to dismiss everything else as unimportant or obscure.

It just feels far to tribalistic/warry in here.

"My lord is important, everybody else is not."

I don't give a rat's arse about Rakarth, (because he's an elf and I'm elfist) but I've seen his name thrown around the forum so often I know there's plenty of people here that do.
    Same goes for Malakai.

I mean if I had to pick a lord to bat for it'd be Kairos Fateweaver but I get to eat a d*ck and wait for game 3 to even have a slim chance of seeing him.
    For Game 2 specifically it's a hard pick between Tetto and Oxy but that's not the point.

The point is: Why hate on anything non-Skaven? Everybody still has stuff missing.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 432
    How can you say skaven are under-done or under developed. They have had the better half of the deal in both their lord packs and been given repeat large boosts in power both in battle and campaign.

You deserve throt nothing else at this point and your extremely selfish to repeatedly demand skaven content over everything else theres races that need it a lot more than you do. Also what elf players are demanding anything?
    MrDragon said:

Actually most of the lords I suggested are common names slung around on this forum.

I do find it hilarious how offended some people seem to get that I'm comparing Lord X to Lord Y when all I said is that there's plenty left on other factions.
    Then if I list something obscure they gloss over the relevant picks just to attack the weakpoint.

The point is that Skaven are not the only faction missing "important" characters. Which I guess is too much of a loaded and ambiguous term.

I don't give a rat's arse about Rakarth, (because he's an elf and I'm elfist) but I've seen his name thrown around the forum so often I know there's plenty of people here that do.
    Same goes for Malakai.

I mean if I had to pick a lord to bat for it'd be Kairos Fateweaver but I get to eat a d*ck and wait for game 3 to even have a slim chance of seeing him.
    For Game 2 specifically it's a hard pick between Tetto and Oxy but that's not the point.

The point is: Why hate on anything non-Skaven? Everybody still has stuff missing.

I'm not at all offended, again, it's a videogame. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

But the Skaven have some important ones still missing. Throt brings certain missing units, and Thanquol is one of the most popular characters in all of Warhammer Fantasy. So if there's one Lord Pack remaining, it should probably be Skaven.
    I won't care hugely if it's Lizardmen or Dark Elfs in truth, I just struggle to think who they would add that's worth a Lord Pack comparatively.

(For the record; sorry fellow Helf mains, but I think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment regarding any Helf content in Game 3. I think they're pretty much done and the Skycutter was just too difficult to realise in-game)
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,408

One of us didnt play at launch it seems...

Never forget the Tretch, never forgive
    Tretch is awesome and Rictus are one of the premier warlord clans. I'm glad, so long as Thanquol comes. Maybe Moulder have a representative planned for the future.

This is an enormous trilogy, judging from the first bits, and we have seen plenty of evidence to suggest there is a long road yet to travel. Is it a gamble to plan for the future? Yes, but it is the path I think we should follow. Save some of the favoured bits for later in the meal, otherwise you'll be left with the withered vegetables.
    Arsenic said:

MrDragon said:

Same goes for Malakai.

I'm not at all offended, again, it's a videogame. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

But the Skaven have some important ones still missing. Throt brings certain missing units, and Thanquol is one of the most popular characters in all of Warhammer Fantasy. So if there's one Lord Pack remaining, it should probably be Skaven.
    I won't care hugely if it's Lizardmen or Dark Elfs in truth, I just struggle to think who they would add that's worth a Lord Pack comparatively.

(For the record; sorry fellow Helf mains, but I think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment regarding any Helf content in Game 3. I think they're pretty much done and the Skycutter was just too difficult to realise in-game)
    Yes. These races were never equal in size or content on the table top and nor will they be in the TW game. Some races sacrifice diversity for cohesion and vice versa. Lop-sided, as it should be. Skaven are one of those that have sprawling rosters and a wide range of characters, much like Orcs and Goblins. Vampire Counts have a heap-ton of named characters and four major bloodlines. That is part of the identity of these races. If this game fails to capture that, it is a shortcoming. Perhaps an understandable one, but no less disappointing for it.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2020
    MrDragon said:

Same goes for Malakai.

I think part of the problem is that the names you gave didn't have models or rules in tabetop, so are unlikely to appear for the most part. People may especulate about them, but is more wishful thinking than anything else. Still, there're others like Shadowblade, Kouran, Tullaris, Korhill or Caradryan that could have a claim to a spot in the game. Not sure if there're any lizardmen characters left, though -Oxyotl maybe?-.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,022
    Arsenic said:

MrDragon said:

Same goes for Malakai.

Aren't the skaven only missing a couple of units from the 8th edition army book? I'm not an expert, but I think you're exaggerating a bit how much content the skaven are missing? And has Throt much more lore than Korhill for example? I'm not against the skaven getting the next DLC, but to my small knowledge they're not missing so much stuff, unless you're counting other sources than the last army book and in that case all races are still missing a lot of stuff.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,283
    manpersal said:

MrDragon said:

Same goes for Malakai.

I think part of the problem is that the names you gave didn't have models or rules in tabetop, so are unlikely to appear for the most part. People may especulate about them, but is more wishful thinking than anything else. Still, there're others like Shadowblade, Kouran, Tullaris, Korhill or Caradryan that could have a claim to a spot in the game. Not sure if there're any lizardmen characters left, though -Oxyotl maybe?-.
    From 8th edition, Lizardmen are missing Tetto'eko, Oxyotl, and Chakax. All 3 were heroes in tabletop, but Tetto'eko and Oxyotl are prime lord material while Chakax only works as a hero. I think Tetto'eko is the most likely to come, then Oxyotl, then Chakax, although I have some doubts that CA will give races more than 1 legendary hero unfortunately. Ideally, we get Tetto'eko in a Lizardmen x Daemons DLC with Oxyotl as a FLC lord. I would also like to see the named Second Generation Slaan added just as unique lords, like Huinitenuchli in Xlanhuapec and Adohi-Tehga in Tlaxtlan as faction leaders, but stuff like that would just be a nice-to-have and honestly be secondary to doing the same with the Elector Counts.

As for Skaven, strictly from 8th edition they're not missing many units but are missing a fair number of mounts and lord/hero choices. But we're long past the point of looking strictly to 8th edition. Looking at Forgeworld and older editions and army lists, Skaven could certainly fill 2 more lord packs. And as long as they don't get the lion's share of the effort and resources at the expense of the other side, that's fine with me. As much as I resent the Skaven for getting the good parts of two DLC's at the expense of Tehenhauin and Malus, I'll never say that they don't deserve the content they're missing.
    manpersal said:

Aren't the skaven only missing a couple of units from the 8th edition army book? I'm not an expert, but I think you're exaggerating a bit how much content the skaven are missing? And has Throt much more lore than Korhill for example? I'm not against the skaven getting the next DLC, but to my small knowledge they're not missing so much stuff, unless you're counting other sources than the last army book and in that case all races are still missing a lot of stuff.

No, Skaven aren't missing a ton of stuff. If they didn't get anything new it wouldn't be a case of them being hard done by in any way. Was a bit of barrel-scraping to say the least in the Skaven side of TSATB.

But they do have a few missing units, and with Clan Moulder being one of the main clans, the adding of Hellpit, and Moulder being represented in Clan Eshin's contracts, it does seem like a bit of a waste to not include Moulder and Throt in favour of the other options suggested.

Thanquol is Thanquol, not including him would be a gob-smackingly bad decision, although I admit to struggling to see how such a narrative and personality driven character can be done justice to.

As I say, I don't object to it being the Lizard or Delfs, but another Skaven pack makes more sense to me, and wouldn't really put them in the "CA's pet" category.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    ...And yet, the Skaven are actually down a Legendary Lord compared to Lizardmen and High Elves. Them and the Dark Elves, the two everyone is always so quick to **** and moan about are the two that should be in the running for the next DLC.
  • EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 447

...And yet, the Skaven are actually down a Legendary Lord compared to Lizardmen and High Elves. Them and the Dark Elves, the two everyone is always so quick to **** and moan about are the two that should be in the running for the next DLC.

Please, Skaven fans are exactly the same....
  • PilthoidPilthoid Registered Users Posts: 276
    Warfield said:

Well, if not Skaven vs Dwarfs now, then when???

Seriously. As much as I would like to see a Beastmen vs Wood Elf DLC, does two game one factions as DLC for game 2 make any sense given our current understanding of CA's product model? If so, then someone please explain it to me. Perhaps that explanation would also give credence to a Skaven vs Dwarfs DLC for game three.

Yes it should be wood elves and beastmen. Why? Because then automatically those who do not own game 1 gain 2 factions to play at once.
This discussion has been closed.