Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which Faction do you enjoy the most?

teinasteinas Registered Users Posts: 7
Hello everyone

Which faction do you enojoy the most playing with?

http://www.strawpoll.me/20622505

Thanks for voting

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,583
    - Dreadfleet
    - Clan Skryre
    - Followers of Nagash
    - Itza
    - Hag Graef
    - Von Carstein
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,230
    The High Elves but of course.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Really? That’s surprising, I always thought you are more of a Dwarf or Skaven fan.

Well in the end High Elves are just shaved Skaven standing on each other’s shoulders so there is no difference anyways 😂
  • DemonRazielDemonRaziel Registered Users Posts: 14
    I voted High Elves, but in my case, it's really only limited to Avelorn specifically.
  • KalistratKalistrat Junior Member Ukraine/DnipropetrovskRegistered Users Posts: 229
    ArneSo said:

Really? That’s surprising, I always thought you are more of a Dwarf or Skaven fan.

Well in the end High Elves are just shaved Skaven standing on each other’s shoulders so there is no difference anyways 😂
    Yeah, what a surprise I bet!
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

ArneSo said:

Are you sure that you are not a Dwarf, Skaven or maybe even a WE fan deep inside?
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Are you sure that you are not a Dwarf, Skaven or maybe even a WE fan deep inside?
    Hmm... no, but I do like Skaven and WE. Maybe Skaven a little bit more than WE. At least today because I'm in a mood for nuclear holocaust sponsored by Clan Skryre.

• LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,511
    Nothing like taking Ulthuan for the legitimate king of all the Elves
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • imnrkimnrk Registered Users Posts: 213
    I voted for Vampire Counts. I'm still a goth boi at heart. They seemed stronger in game 1, but they are still really fun to play and they have a really fun and unique campaign. I'm more or less burnt out of them at this point, but I still come back to them every now and then.

I really enjoy every faction except for Bretonnia though.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Hmm... no, but I do like Skaven and WE. Maybe Skaven a little bit more than WE. At least today because I'm in a mood for nuclear holocaust sponsored by Clan Skryre.
    That makes sense and is pretty understandable. In the end WE are the true Elves compared to the pretenders in Ulthuan and we all know that all elves are secretly Skaven.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 538
    1. Lizardmen first and foremost. No other faction is as cool.

2. Tomb Kings because its probably the most cohesive faction in the game. Its hits desired aesthetic perfectly.

3. High Elves for that perfect high fantasy elvish pomp and fanfare.

4. Bretonnia/Empire. It's hard for me to separate these because I think Bretonnia is more fun for me personally but the unit roster is so lackluster. The Empire is cool but a little vanilla, minus the handguns of course. They single handedly put the empire at 4th.

5. Norsca. Death-metal vikings and frost monsters all day.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,759
    Race: Dwarfs
    Faction: Clan Angrund
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    Dinosaurs are better than dragons. Fight me.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
    Wyvax said:

Never enough Dinos!
  • EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 184
    ArneSo said:

- Dreadfleet
    - Clan Skryre
    - Followers of Nagash
    - Itza
    - Hag Graef
    - Von Carstein

I thought you would rank von Carstein higher up tbh :)
    Emrysor said:

ArneSo said:

- Dreadfleet
    - Clan Skryre
    - Followers of Nagash
    - Itza
    - Hag Graef
    - Von Carstein

I thought you would rank von Carstein higher up tbh :)
    I really like Von Carstein. Vlad is a Great LL for roleplaying, but if it comes to pure „fun“, other factions are way more entertaining in my opinion. Especially Clan Skryre is super super enjoyable.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,316
    Lizardmen are my favourite race but I've had more fun playing skaven.

The only faction I've never really been bothered about is the empire. They're good but a bit too human.

Tomb kings were great the first time playing Arkhan but I find it a little tedious with the skelly blobs at the start.

Wood elves, Beastmen and chaos I have zero motivation to play. They are all somewhat fun in battles, the wood elves are great fun, however their campaigns are atrocious. I preferred the mini campaigns for Beastmen and wood elves
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 288
    Vampire Counts at the top suprises me! Beastmen have yet to get a vote at time of this post. which doesn't,

1) Greenskins - Grom and Skarsnik
    2) High Elves - Teclis only with no confederation, Ulthuan is poo.
    3) Vamp coast Harkon, Empire huntsman guy, Skrolk back when he was new.

Last - Lizardmen, Chaos, Norsca, Beastmen.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 5,803

1.Bretonnia
    1.knights of Caledor
    2. rest of HE
    rest:
    Clan angrund
    Empire
    lizardmen
    dawi
    settra
    V counts

i really want to play WE but waiting for rework
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • teinasteinas Registered Users Posts: 7
    this is totally interesting Basically Vampire win for the moment. i really tought was the empire the one to come on top
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 5,803
    Well its the fourms with less people. Do it in reddit it will mpst likely be empire and HE
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • ThomasLidstromThomasLidstrom Registered Users Posts: 35
    Clan Skryre;
    Everybody hates you and you got gatling guns, sniper rifles and nukes...
    Having very strong garrisons is also nice
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

That makes sense and is pretty understandable. In the end WE are the true Elves compared to the pretenders in Ulthuan and we all know that all elves are secretly Skaven.
    The Wood Elves are leftovers.
    Wyvax said:

Dragons are better than dinosaurs. But I won't send them to fight dinos because I want some in my Caledorian Zoo.

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,550
    The Empire. Always the Empire.
  • NikolabracNikolabrac Registered Users Posts: 82
    Tough choice between :
    - the lizardmen - because aztec dinosaurs on dinosaurs
    - High elves - because sisters of averlorn are basicly armed with grenade launchers and can doomstack
    - Dark elves - chicks in bikkinis
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    edited July 19

Dragons are better than dinosaurs. But I won't send them to fight dinos because I want some in my Caledorian Zoo.

That which is real will always be superior to that which is an imaginary substitute; this is just as true in regards to massive reptiles, as it is in regards to beef, chocolate and women among other examples. Authenticity is all.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • TDFTDF Registered Users Posts: 6
    Clan Eshin: Plot-kill yes-yes !

I like the campaign mechanic as well as the increasingly accessible units that are impossible to recruit at the beginning. I thought it makes things interesting. I really like the under-empire mechanics and I wish it would play an even bigger role in Skaven gameplay.

I also like that all their characters are basically complete psychopath with not 1% of their souls worth saving. Makes them the most IRL-human like faction in my eyes. Good-good !
    "You too could get this ferrari, if you worked hard enough" - Slaanesh
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 3,875
    edited July 20
    NORSCA!

The modified win condition, the hunt system, the modified expansion system, the tech tree that acts as a system of goals to work towards, the fast aggressive roster, and Wulfrik. This is the gold standard of campaigns. You feel rewarded for playing the game with a little bit of personality, not just going through the motions. And the pay off of having just a world ending tide at the end of it all makes the end game sort of a global conflict to work towards. Its good stuff.

Then Wood Elves as a second place.
  • FloppingerFloppinger Registered Users Posts: 527
    Empire - Wulfharts campaign especially.