Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Throt vs Ariel with Drycha being the FLC LL.

KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,634

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,310
    Sisters of Twilight or Riot!
  • ErgiosErgios Registered Users Posts: 232
    Booking the first two, not sure about the third.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 4,812
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,557
    Throt makes more sense paired with a Beastmen.

And considering Ariel's beef with Morathi, I'd say Wood Elves are better paired with Dark Elves.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,119
    This would be disappointing. Sisters for DLC and Ariel for bonus lord!
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,923
    Fossoway said:

And considering Ariel's beef with Morathi, I'd say Wood Elves are better paired with Dark Elves.

That's what I'm thinking too but then Skaven have an obvious hole in the roster while DE don't have much units to add even when you're digging deep.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,336
    edited July 30
    Throt vs Ariel + Drychy as FLC legendary lord make most sense. Also, I hope Sisters of Twilight and Ghoritch will be new legendary heroes in this lord pack. B)
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Liu Chong and He Yi should be playable in 194.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,009
    neodeinos said:

Fossoway said:

That's what I'm thinking too but then Skaven have an obvious hole in the roster while DE don't have much units to add even when you're digging deep.
    Yeah DEs would be kinda meh, especially since their LL choices all seem very much FLC tier at best imo.

I think Loremaster of Soteks idea of Thrott going after Acorn of Ages is a really good one.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,557
    neodeinos said:

Fossoway said:

Well, you're quite right. The DE's roster is pretty much complete. Problem is, how can you pair Throt with Wood Elves? They have nothing in common, while Throt vs Beastmen is a pretty easy match.

Unless their is some beast hunter in the missing WE lord pool that I'm missing?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,009
    Fossoway said:

neodeinos said:

Fossoway said:

Well, you're quite right. The DE's roster is pretty much complete. Problem is, how can you pair Throt with Wood Elves? They have nothing in common, while Throt vs Beastmen is a pretty easy match.

Unless their is some beast hunter in the missing WE lord pool that I'm missing?
    Loremaster of Sotek's vid today claimed the WEs clash very often in the lore, and also suggested that Thrott may well be after some Acorn of Ages - which in the lore turned a squirrel into something that threatened the King's Glade, Thrott's interest in them would be fairly obvious.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 571
    In my opinion the DLC will be Drycha vs Throt

Ariel is a bonus for those with the original DLC. After all, the most attractive character must be the one with the most payment walls.

The objective of what they are doing with the elves is to force people to buy the content of TW: Warhammer 1 at the same time that they return to sell elves to people who already bought them at the time and avoid complaints from both parts.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,091
    edited July 30
    Drycha is FLC LL (highly likely) as they hinted “all the trimmings” and we know CA loves a pun!

Lore master of Sotek pointed this out and also seems convinced.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 571
    edited July 30

Drycha is FLC LL (highly likely) as they hinted “all the trimmings” and we know CA loves a pun!

Lore master of Sotek pointed this out and also seems convinced.

My level of English does not reach the point of associating strange words with things.

Anyway for me Drycha is the most interesting character in the wood elves.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 809
    Kelefane said:

Book it.

So, I think this is the most likely scenario. Unfortunately, “most likely” rarely seems play out when CA releases Warhammer DLC.

TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,335
    edited July 30
    All I know is Ariel is probably gonna be one of the lords. Most likely the free one owners of original dlc will get since she should be tied to the oak which is only in Mortal Empires. Perhaps with a "Defender of Athel Loren" mechanic like Alarielle has for Ulthuan.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • griffithxigriffithxi Registered Users Posts: 893
    I am lost how does Drycha relate to trimmings? (Not saying she doesn't just I don't get the connection)
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 659
    Isnt the WH2 faction only getting a revisit though? I assumed it is only mechanisms not new units? If so not really suited for a clan Moulder pack? Otherwise yes that be great of course!

Yet DE need the most rework IMO. Its just that they seem to be complete in terms of roster, which make sense if a revisit is only a rework of mechanisms...Some black Arks rework is needed.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times

I am lost how does Drycha relate to trimmings? (Not saying she doesn't just I don't get the connection)

Maybe Ariel is trimming herself down there...
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

• SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,128

You trim a tree to make it look more presentable. Tree trimmings would be the leaves and detritus left over.

It is a bit of a belabored pun but I can see why people would think that way.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,634

Isnt the WH2 faction only getting a revisit though? I assumed it is only mechanisms not new units? If so not really suited for a clan Moulder pack? Otherwise yes that be great of course!

Yet DE need the most rework IMO. Its just that they seem to be complete in terms of roster, which make sense if a revisit is only a rework of mechanisms...Some black Arks rework is needed.

It's a regular LP bro. By revisit they mean they are going back to a faction that's already been done before. Basically any WH2 faction would be a revisit at this point because they have all received LPs and touch ups. Skaven lack the most. That's why they are the popular pick for being one of the two LLs vs a Wood Elf.

Kelefane said:

It's a regular LP bro. By revisit they mean they are going back to a faction that's already been done before. Basically any WH2 faction would be a revisit at this point because they have all received LPs and touch ups. Skaven lack the most. That's why they are the popular pick for being one of the two LLs vs a Wood Elf.
    Ah ok, hope for clan moulder then!

• BigbadbearpieceBigbadbearpiece Registered Users Posts: 104
    Didn’t someone from CA say they wanted more Beastmen presence in Naggaroth? It’s almost 1am here so I’m to tired to find a link to it but that sets up Beastmen vs DE as the final DLC of WH2 (with Rakarth and his beasts theme).

Skaven and Wood Elves fought all the time in the lore, although not Throt specifically. Makes sense that Moulder units and theme are the basis for this DLC (it’s the most obvious hole in any faction’s roster in the game).
    More LL for Wood Elves please.
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 191
    Woodelves and Throt with Moulder and a FLC Hero Chieftain or Packmaster. Best i can see Happening. i'l Take it