Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

My ideal Kislev unit roster

13»

Comments

• Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 500
    edited August 7
    Don't forget that the new Ice Guard might have their own bear cavalry since one of the concept arts for the bear cavalry has a very magical ice theme around it, and I doubt a bear like that is going to be ridden by an ordinary lancer.

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

With the Tzarina being a caster lord I really don't see what a hag LL offers. At least Ulrika could have lore of vampires and a couple of specific vampire units; could be very interesting.

Depends if the Hag would get the Chicken-Legged Hut or not as a mount. If she did, that makes her a hybrid/melee caster, in constrast to Katarin as a more standard caster lord.
    God no, Warhammer is silly at times but that thing is just plain stupid and should be forgotten about.

It would ruin the astetic of the game
    I gotta agree, the idea of a chicken legged house is.... so ridiculous I'm surprised they even added it in, in the first place. And that's supposed to be from my culture's mythology and I still find it utterly ridiculous in Warhammer. Then again, the RPG can be a really silly place at times. Like, for instance, the dung collector class.
    The entire Greenskins faction or ya know the sum total of Skaven technology.
    Fit in with the setting and look fine.
    A giant walking chicken legged hurt, not so much
    Ares354 said:

Boreal said:

With the Tzarina being a caster lord I really don't see what a hag LL offers. At least Ulrika could have lore of vampires and a couple of specific vampire units; could be very interesting.

Depends if the Hag would get the Chicken-Legged Hut or not as a mount. If she did, that makes her a hybrid/melee caster, in constrast to Katarin as a more standard caster lord.
    God no, Warhammer is silly at times but that thing is just plain stupid and should be forgotten about.

In "your opinion" you should add.
    Not really
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 185
    Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

I gotta agree, the idea of a chicken legged house is.... so ridiculous I'm surprised they even added it in, in the first place. And that's supposed to be from my culture's mythology and I still find it utterly ridiculous in Warhammer. Then again, the RPG can be a really silly place at times. Like, for instance, the dung collector class.
    Halflings being a whole race of fat cooks and angry housewives that use their cooking pots as weapons.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Halflings being a whole race of fat cooks and angry housewives that use their cooking pots as weapons.
    That’s why Halflings should never be added
    ArneSo said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Sorry if i prefer Warhammer Fantasy to stick with its satirical gallows humor roots instead of being grimdark for the sake of grimdarkness like 40,000.

ArneSo said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Sorry if i prefer Warhammer Fantasy to stick with its satirical gallows humor roots instead of being grimdark for the sake of grimdarkness like 40,000.
    I respect that.

I personally got into WH with TWWH and Mark of Chaos ages ago so I only know the Grimdark WH we have know.

Satirical humour and WH don’t fit together in my opinion. Fantasy settings in general are not something that should be turned into something ridiculous...

I know that these were the roots of WH, but we don’t have the 80s anymore. Fantasy settings these days should be dark and epic and not a parodic joke. Think about LotR, GoT, the Witcher...
    edited August 7
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

I respect that.

I personally got into WH with TWWH and Mark of Chaos ages ago so I only know the Grimdark WH we have know.

Satirical humour and WH don’t fit together in my opinion. Fantasy settings in general are not something that should be turned into something ridiculous...

I know that these were the roots of WH, but we don’t have the 80s anymore. Fantasy settings these days should be dark and epic and not a parodic joke. Think about LotR, GoT, the Witcher...
    LOTR isn't darker than medieval epics and bible stories unless you include the stories of Feanor and Turin Turambar.

The Witcher is anything but grimdark, especially the early books.

And ASOIAF shouldn't be considered the be all end all of ''serious'' fantasy.

Comment removed.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 500

I also like the early satire of Warhammer, it's was never meant to be a serious setting, hence all the tropes, stereotypes, cliches, pseudo-historical references and funny factions. For me WHF has a perfect balance of not being a serious world but still making sense, when I read novels set in Fantasy I still feel like it's an actual functioning world.

Kinda why I prefer it over AoS, Age of Sigmar went away from that and decided to become it's own generic, boring, serious fantasy world, while also being even weirder than fantasy but it doesn't have that same humour hence that weirdness feels alien and overdone.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 516
    Comment that Ulrika is a vampire vampire hunter, she would not use units associated with vampires. And she makes room for a campaign with interesting mechanics that differ from the constant conflict against Chaos that the Kislevites will have.
    edited August 7

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

I respect that.

LOTR isn't darker than medieval epics and bible stories unless you include the stories of Feanor and Turin Turambar.

Comment removed.

I‘m neither edgy, nor angry, I’m actually the opposite of that but whatever. 😂
    Just want my fantasy settings to be serious, that’s it.

I think the major point here is age difference. The Oldhammer Guard grew up with fantasy being a niche genre for weird nerds only, while the younger generations grew up in a society where fantasy is part of the pop culture and super mainstream. Hell I don’t know anybody who doesn’t like GoT, Witcher, LotR or stuff like that.

You know... just because I like grimdark and epic fantasy settings, I’m not an angsty emo teen... this assumption is pretty ridiculous. 😂

I‘m a young man in his mid 20s that loves to travel, doing sports and party as much as possible... so my life already is quite fun to be honest. Sometimes I just want to experience a grimdark fantasy world with epic characters and WH gives me exactly that.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,330
    Qwerty55 said:

Don't forget that the new Ice Guard might have their own bear cavalry since one of the concept arts for the bear cavalry has a very magical ice theme around it, and I doubt a bear like that is going to be ridden by an ordinary lancer.

I think you are onto something there! At the very least that looks like a Lord mount option; but those ice gems are very clearly the 'sign' of the Kislev ice guard.

I really love the Ice Guard and bear cavalry concepts; Kislev needed what "wow" factor that it's core roster didn't really have.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 324
    brago90 said:

Comment that Ulrika is a vampire vampire hunter, she would not use units associated with vampires. And she makes room for a campaign with interesting mechanics that differ from the constant conflict against Chaos that the Kislevites will have.

Very much agree. While I'd love Ulrika to come with Kislev, I to am opposed to her being some sort of undead hybrid faction.

But some /people are always trying to ice skate up hill.
    edited August 7
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

I respect that.

You sound like an edgy angry young man who wants to be as ''mature'' as possible by throwing dirt at things i enjoy. ''True art is angsty'' and all that jazz. Much like Michael Moorcock and his ''Epic Pooh'' BS.

I think the major point here is age difference. The Oldhammer Guard grew up with fantasy being a niche genre for weird nerds only, while the younger generations grew up in a society where fantasy is part of the pop culture and super mainstream. Hell I don’t know anybody who doesn’t like GoT, Witcher, LotR or stuff like that.

You know... just because I like grimdark and epic fantasy settings, I’m not an angsty emo teen... this assumption is pretty ridiculous. 😂

I‘m a young man in his mid 20s that loves to travel, doing sports and party as much as possible... so my life already is quite fun to be honest. Sometimes I just want to experience a grimdark fantasy world with epic characters and WH gives me exactly that.
    Just because something isn't grimdark doesn't mean it isn't good.

What's so grimdark about the Silmarillion and the Witcher?

Inappropriate Comment removed.

Post edited by dge1 on
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,883
    Boreal said:

It's from russian mythology, they didn't invented it.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 831
    Qwerty55 said:

I also like the early satire of Warhammer, it's was never meant to be a serious setting, hence all the tropes, stereotypes, cliches, pseudo-historical references and funny factions. For me WHF has a perfect balance of not being a serious world but still making sense, when I read novels set in Fantasy I still feel like it's an actual functioning world.

Kinda why I prefer it over AoS, Age of Sigmar went away from that and decided to become it's own generic, boring, serious fantasy world, while also being even weirder than fantasy but it doesn't have that same humour hence that weirdness feels alien and overdone.
    Prince Piggalo will always be my favourite Tilean character.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

Those all missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,946
    Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Please, the skaven use technology called the Farsqueeker to communicate at a distance. They have weaponized hamster wheels. Orks money is teef, and our last ll for them was an excessively fat goblin called.the Paunch. The entire DE edgelord goth aesthetic. The Dogs of War are filled with crazy stuff. I find Bretonnian midevil nights ridiculous in an era of guns and sails. They put trebuchets on ships, lol.

Warhammer had grimdark but it also is silly. Very silly.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 3,928
    Nyxilis said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Please, the skaven use technology called the Farsqueeker to communicate at a distance. They have weaponized hamster wheels. Orks money is teef, and our last ll for them was an excessively fat goblin called.the Paunch. The entire DE edgelord goth aesthetic. The Dogs of War are filled with crazy stuff. I find Bretonnian midevil nights ridiculous in an era of guns and sails. They put trebuchets on ships, lol.

Bretonnia be like:

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 6,461

Nyxilis said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Bretonnia be like:

yes please support a DLC for bretonnia
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
    Xenos7 said:

Boreal said:

It's from russian mythology, they didn't invented it.
    No but they added it to the setting
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 3,928

Nyxilis said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Bretonnia be like:

You want a Monty Python themed DLC?
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,426

Nyxilis said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Bretonnia be like:

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries...

Sounds like something you should shout at Queek
    Nyxilis said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

I always disagreed with the greenskins being the only source of levity. The whole Warhammer world is peppered with moments of humor. Dark humor but still humor. Bretonnia being a bunch of walking, talking Monty Python references (though they were more serious and less dickish before 6th edition), Dwarves being revenge obsessed sticks in the mud that go into self-destructive wars for reasons that any rational person would find stupid. Ogres being a bunch of fat manchildren obsessed with food and being casual about cannibalism. The prince of Altdorf short story has a minotaur getting stupidly stuck in a inn's door and imperial soldiers casually trampling over the poor innkeeper and leave him to be killed by the Beastmen.

Warhammer becomes grimdark only when Chaos and undead are involved.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,467
    Boreal said:

Ares354 said:

Boreal said:

In "your opinion" you should add.
    Not really
    Really. You dont command here. What CA will add stand, even if that is Hut on Chiken Legs.
    Nyxilis said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

I disagree with the idea of the greenskins being the only source of levity. The whole Warhammer world is peppered with moments of humor. Dark humor but still humor. Bretonnia being a bunch of walking, talking Monty Python references (though they were more serious and less dickish before 6th edition), Dwarves being revenge obsessed sticks in the mud that go into self-destructive wars for reasons that any rational person would find stupid. Ogres being a bunch of fat manchildren obsessed with food and being casual about cannibalism. The prince of Altdorf short story has a minotaur getting stupidly stuck in a inn's door and imperial soldiers casually trampling over the poor innkeeper and leave him to be killed by the Beastmen.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 6,461

Nyxilis said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Bretonnia be like:

as long as those units are good i will take it. No but i would appreciate if people join the fight to get a bret dlc.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia

Nyxilis said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Bretonnia be like:

as long as those units are good i will take it. No but i would appreciate if people join the fight to get a bret dlc.
    Repanse: With PASSION!

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Boreal said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

I respect that.

You sound like an edgy angry young man who wants to be as ''mature'' as possible by throwing dirt at things i enjoy. ''True art is angsty'' and all that jazz. Much like Michael Moorcock and his ''Epic Pooh'' BS.

Just because something isn't grimdark doesn't mean it isn't good.

What's so grimdark about the Silmarillion and the Witcher?

Inappropriate Comment removed.

The closest thing to Grimdark in the Silmarillion would be the story of Turin and his family but that's more like a classical tragedy than a gloom & doom story with violence and gore in your face.
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 557
    Greenskins ..

Iz the grimdarkest of 'em all...

BrynjarK said:

Greenskins ..

Iz the grimdarkest of 'em all...

Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go cross the Old World!

Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go throo infinity!