Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why is "Pizarro" and his Legion the "Darkhorse" for the DoW?

SiWISiWI Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 11,093
edited August 10 in General Discussion
Hi,

I see my fair share of DoW speculation threads and videos.

What is weird to me that when LL#s are named, one name is usually missing, despite being one of the most obvious to me.

Pizarro.

Why is he obvious? And why I'm sure that if we get DoW, he would be one of the 2 or 4?

BECAUSE HIS ****ING FLAG IS IN WH2 SINCE DAY 1!

Which is probably still the strongest hint yet, that CA has plans for them for the big picture.

So... why do you think does he get ignored very often?
Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,948
    edited August 10
    Pirazzo’s Lost Legion. Best heraldry in game.

New World Colonies. Most missed starting position.

I really like Wulfhart’s campaign but a certain part of me want to slap him out of Lustria to make way for a REAL Conquistador.

In many ways the Huntsmarshall was my telling sign that no Southern Realms were planned. Well that and Tictaq’to’s campaign intro specifically talking about the men of the Empire in Sudenburg. It is possible to record two voice lines but is it possible to have two Conquistador themed campaigns next to each other?
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • DubinekdubajsDubinekdubajs Registered Users Posts: 971
    RikRiorik said:

Pirazzo’s Lost Legion. Best heraldry in game.

New World Colonies. Most missed starting position.

I really like Wulfhart’s campaign but a certain part of me want to slap him out of Lustria to make way for a REAL Conquistador.

In many ways the Huntsmarshall was my telling sign that no Southern Realms were planned. Well that and Tictaq’to’s campaign intro specifically talking about the men of the Empire in Sudenburg. It is possible to record two voice lines but is it possible to have two Conquistador themed campaigns next to each other?

But there are the man of the Empire in Sudenburg. The weird thing is, that they are listed under Souther Realms instead of the Empire.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened 😀
  • GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 257
    at the end of the day, the developers are humans. I'm pretty sure they just needed a flag to use
    ==========================================================================================

"Burn! Burn with the fires of Change! Scream your hymns to Tzeentch!"
    -Tal'gatha the Fallen

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,160
    edited August 10
    Because they used his heraldry for the New World Colonies as his is the most well known regiment from the New World and that place has no heraldry, not necessarily because they intend to use him as an LL. You could say something similar with Vampire Coast, wherein Luthor's faction's banner is based on Dreadfleet game's wind gauge, iirc, indicating Noctilus would be in command of Vampire Coast itself, somehow.

I mean, yeah, he could make for a general "conquistador" LL but how exactly do you intend to explain why the company he's supposed to be a captain of would fight for others rather than for him? In addition, aside from Golgfag for the Ogre Kingdoms, none of the mercenary captains would be LLs imo. They have their regiment, they are up for hire, not to be LLs. An LL would need to be a mercenary general, like Morgan Bernhardt or Borgio as those are commanders of entire armies rather than companies.

The only thing this firmly indicates is that this is definitely a strong connection between DoW and Southern Realms. Also, Sartosa changed its flag on release of VP.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    edited August 10
    Because Borgio, Lucrezzia and Lorenzo are the main lords.
    Who take up the fourth spot is open for debate
    edited August 10
    Here's the wind gauge explanation page from the Dreadfleet rulebook. It's technically the reverse side of it, the pic on the right, that's used as the basis of Vampire Coast's banner, with the swirly tentacles and the skull, but you get the idea.

They use pretty much any source they can, if possible, to get the banners done for in game factions.

To be honest, the fact they used Dreadfleet as a source for Vampire Coast's flag should've been the first sign of things to come...

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,308
    Boreal said:

There are a lot of actual character for a 4th LL.
    Boreal said:

I would actually put Lorenzo under "debatable".

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 324
    Crossil said:

Also, Sartosa changed its flag on release of VP.

While I agree with the rest of your post, Sartosa's flag was always the symbol from the Swordfish (Aranessa's ship). At the release of VP, the background changed from a dark blue to yellow. But it's always been that crowned skull vomiting snakes.
    edited August 10

Crossil said:

Also, Sartosa changed its flag on release of VP.

While I agree with the rest of your post, Sartosa's flag was always the symbol from the Swordfish (Aranessa's ship). At the release of VP, the background changed from a dark blue to yellow. But it's always been that crowned skull vomiting snakes.
    Except for one tiny detail, that the skull was given vampiric fangs(or I'm just going mad but those white lines that connect to the maxilla probably are that). Before, it was fully accurate to Swordfysh's sails, which had the flag displayed but as her faction was given to Vampire Coast so was the heraldry.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 324
    Neat, that does seem to be the case: fangs, and a couple less snakes (six, from ten).

(Still: at a glance that's the same crest. Swordfysh before, Swordfysh after.)
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 516
    Pirazzo is interesting mainly because of its starting position but it is also food for Mazdamundi's first moves if I remember well.

The campaign with the theme of Pirazzo was taken by the huntsmarshal.

Either way, there are a lot of characters to choose from and no one will end up totally happy with the selection.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    Crossil said:

Boreal said:

He is to iconic to be ignored.
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

One more misuse of the word "iconic".
    edited August 10
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Gotta play the old hits every once in a while. 'Iconic', oh how we've missed you!

To not include Lorenzo would probably be like not including the Everchariot for Norsca in game.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

His Roman Armour makes him absolutely unique and super iconic.
    ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

His Roman Armour makes him absolutely unique and super iconic.
    Unique ? Yes. Iconic ? Not really.
    edited August 10
    RikRiorik said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

Gotta play the old hits every once in a while. 'Iconic', oh how we've missed you!

To not include Lorenzo would probably be like not including the Everchariot for Norsca in game.
    A grave sin that CA would pay for dearly, yes, but not exactly impossible, as evidenced by lack of the Everchariot right now. His appearance isn't entirely certain.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

RikRiorik said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

A grave sin that CA would pay for dearly, yes, but not exactly impossible, as evidenced by lack of the Everchariot right now. His appearance isn't entirely certain.
    I was in fact merely trying, badly, to play another of the old classics from the Warhammer Memes: The Forum Years album.
    edited August 10
    RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

RikRiorik said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Boreal said:

I was in fact merely trying, badly, to play another of the old classics from the Warhammer Memes: The Forum Years album.
    Yes, and it is an absolutely grave sin that Surtha Ek isn't playable yet and is instead left in a Norscan backwater rather than on the frontlines, harassing the southerners.

Still expendable, unfortunately. I hope it changes.

In short:

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT