Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dynamic map changes

angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,403
Do you remember it?

Why did CA remove it?
Soon

Comments

• SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,690
    How about you explain what that is?

Or do you mean that maps reflect the environment on which the battle is engaged? Because that...kinda stinked and could create really dumb maps.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,886
    You mean like the trees changing to the rulers tree? I think that's still in.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,403

Or do you mean that maps reflect the environment on which the battle is engaged? Because that...kinda stinked and could create really dumb maps.

No, when you won as wood elves you could expand the forest and the map got green, when you defeated a dwarfs settlement with greenskins it would change skin to a greenskins one, etc

They removed them all in TWW2 for some reason, I guess they had to cut corners when making mortal empires
    Soon
  • AnglocanerAnglocaner Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 52

No, when you won as wood elves you could expand the forest and the map got green, when you defeated a dwarfs settlement with greenskins it would change skin to a greenskins one, etc

They removed them all in TWW2 for some reason, I guess they had to cut corners when making mortal empires
    Still do

Veni, vidi, vici
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 161
    yeah, welfes still plant trees everywhere for example.
  • markusasmarkusas Registered Users Posts: 239
    Dwarf/greenskins till change, same with vampires and wood elves
    When game 3 comes out I want to travel the world from the east to west and invade the western shores of Naggaroth. Also expand Mortal Empires South and West to make Southlands, Lustria and Western Naggaroth great again!
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,191

WElf changes still happen.

The other cosmetic changes do not occur, because they changed the suitable terrain mechanic. Back in WH1 only two races could really occupy each terrain (Except Norsc and WElfs), so you had Empire and Vamps on plains/forest, and Dwafs and Greenskins on mountains/badlands. This makes changing graphical assets a pretty easy job.

In warhammer 2, however, essentialy every race can hold every settlements, which means retooling settlements hundreds and hundreds of times, cumulatively. It's not impossible, just likely a massive time-sink.