Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

For those that wants an army painter in Warhammer II

PatriksevePatrikseve MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,966
I dont know if CA will every build one, I understand reasonings behind not to. But for those that do want something I found this mod some time ago. Its super simple place it anywere, start it pick any faction change its in battle scheme, save and then it will end upp as a mod that you have to turn on in the mod editor afterwards. I found this one very easy especially if you want to change multiple factions colours. Its also very easy to switch back if you are unhappy. It was made by u/DePa95 on reddit I dont know if he/she is active here. But I like it a ton, easy to use.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/93zy4s/warhammer_2_faction_colors_editor/

Tagged:

Comments

• TsuyaraTsuyara Registered Users Posts: 244
    I think a big part of what people want from an army painter is painting individual units, picking 3 colours for an entire faction only gets you so far.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,174
    Tsuyara said:

I think a big part of what people want from an army painter is painting individual units, picking 3 colours for an entire faction only gets you so far.

This is true, but this goes a long way towards helping the problem. Giving it go for my next campaign.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 723
    Awesome, thank you.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    anyone tested this recently?
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • TsuyaraTsuyara Registered Users Posts: 244
    Crajoh said:

If it doesn't work, faction colour editing is fairly simple either way.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,730
    What I'd really like is not a faction painter but an army painter, so one army could have a different color scheme than another. So if I unify the Dwarfs Ungrim's army can keep their Karak Kadrin colors, or so I can have themed armies for each Empire Province, or so I can make up my own tribes/clans/etc and given them a custom color scheme.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,857
    edited March 2020
    Just give me playable Karak Azul and I'm all good. That's my colour scheme.

But sounds good.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 1,966
    edited March 2020
    Tsuyara said:

Crajoh said:

If it doesn't work, faction colour editing is fairly simple either way.
    I have two days ago and it works like a charm. I changed the Malus faction colours to dark green and black with it. I also changed the Dwarfs a little.

What I'd really like is not a faction painter but an army painter, so one army could have a different color scheme than another. So if I unify the Dwarfs Ungrim's army can keep their Karak Kadrin colors, or so I can have themed armies for each Empire Province, or so I can make up my own tribes/clans/etc and given them a custom color scheme.

Me too, Like say there was a mod I used long ago that allowed you to recruit empire soldiers with there original colours based on where they come from. It allowed units within the army to have different colours. An army painter where you could set each and invidiual troop types colour within an army and even save some templates would be the optimal.

• Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,731

Me too, Like say there was a mod I used long ago that allowed you to recruit empire soldiers with there original colours based on where they come from. It allowed units within the army to have different colours. An army painter where you could set each and invidiual troop types colour within an army and even save some templates would be the optimal.

There are still mods doing this; like SWO-RD, with regional recruitment. For Empire, Bretonnia; the 3 elven races; and soon the dwarves.
    Units keep the colours from where they are recruited, and have heraldry on their shield, and sometime armor or horse barding.

steph74 said:

There are still mods doing this; like SWO-RD, with regional recruitment. For Empire, Bretonnia; the 3 elven races; and soon the dwarves.
    Units keep the colours from where they are recruited, and have heraldry on their shield, and sometime armor or horse barding.

Yes I use or have used them multiple times some of them are great mods that help spice upp gameplay and bring a little more life into the world, with an army that feels more like they come from various places within your empire/kingdom or such.

• manuel88manuel88 Registered Users Posts: 501
    Not working for me. Not. exe executable
    manuel88 said:

Not working for me. Not. exe executable

Weird I just put the folder on the dektoskop and it worked. It might not find your exe for some reason. I cant say if it works for warhammer 1 I have only tested it for warhammer 2. Try running it as an admin. If you get to the colour changing menu trough clicking TWW2 Faction Colors Editor you then also need to press save if you do any changes and apply it in the mod manager it will show up as a mod there once you save.

• JebbJebb Registered Users Posts: 2
    hi any of you can share with me his tool folder? I have no exe file inside: /

thank you
    I sent you a mail for anyone else heres the link you only need the TWW2.Faction.Colors.Editor.zip under assets.

https://github.com/LorenzoDePasquale/TWW2-Faction-Colors-Editor/releases

• JebbJebb Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thank Patrikseve !
  • jakemm55jakemm55 Registered Users Posts: 1
    When I click "enable" on the editor, nothing happens and it crashes.. I try just saving and exiting but the editor doesnt appear in the mod manage. The changes do save on the editor though as they're still changed when I reopen it. Any ideas? I just have the files in a dump folder on my desktop, do they need to be placed somewhere special?
    jakemm55 said:

When I click "enable" on the editor, nothing happens and it crashes.. I try just saving and exiting but the editor doesnt appear in the mod manage. The changes do save on the editor though as they're still changed when I reopen it. Any ideas? I just have the files in a dump folder on my desktop, do they need to be placed somewhere special?

No no special place I have mine on dektoskop there should be something in the vanilla launchers mod section its called faction colour pack.

• Frostdemon727Frostdemon727 Registered Users Posts: 2
    For some reason the tool doesn't launch for me when I use the executable.

For some reason the tool doesn't launch for me when I use the executable.

Weird I mean try run as admin or make sure you have all the zip files in one place like a folder on dektoskop.

• KheinarKheinar Registered Users Posts: 1
    My video has the answer. Working in TWW and TWW2. Just using the method right now. Want Karak Kadrin color with Dwarves? Just copy the RGB scheme and play. Works also for banners in battle. :D
  • MiniGamingHD800MiniGamingHD800 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Tried to instal this but after extracting and run as administartor it still doesn't work :(

Tried to instal this but after extracting and run as administartor it still doesn't work :(

Ok, well you could do it another way then and do it more manually the video above your comment is another way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file