Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Backspace bug to the resque, 2 reasons why its good

13»

Comments

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,633
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

I find people’s reaction to this bug odd. If there was a cheat code IDDQD, would you use it? I assume not, or if you would that’s also fine.

My point is knowing there’s a bug which is basically cheat mode doesn’t mean you now must use it. I literally couldn’t care less if they didn’t patch... nothing has changed in the game for me

If the IDDQD cheat was permanently on, would you suggest people bothered by it should just close the game whenever they receive lethal damage?
    What are you talking about, how is it permanently on 🤣 you literally have to press the backspace for something to happen. The fact that no one noticed before shows it’s not a big deal
    Any time the AI gets to attack me, it's because I allowed it to do so because the AI can't move if I don't want it to.

So sorry, the cheat turns the whole game into even more of a farce than before.
    Just don’t press the button. I assume you’ve ploughed hundreds if not thousands of hours into this game, without pressing backspace, so clearly you are capable of playing this game without pressing it, just continue like that and you’ll be fine
    Here's a question, why shouldn't I use this any time the AI is poised to attack me?
    You’ve paid Money for a game where the premise is for the ai to attack you. The goal is to strategically better the ai.

That’s at least my expectation when I play the game. Just because I can undo that doesn’t mean I’ll want to
    But then since I have a legal tool to stunlock the AI, it would be strategically better to always make use of it. Why allow attacks you can avert with minimal effort?
    Legal? WTH?
    It's not a cheat.
    It's not within the rules of the game.
    CA put it within the rules of the game. It's on them to fix it.

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,266

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

I find people’s reaction to this bug odd. If there was a cheat code IDDQD, would you use it? I assume not, or if you would that’s also fine.

My point is knowing there’s a bug which is basically cheat mode doesn’t mean you now must use it. I literally couldn’t care less if they didn’t patch... nothing has changed in the game for me

If the IDDQD cheat was permanently on, would you suggest people bothered by it should just close the game whenever they receive lethal damage?
    What are you talking about, how is it permanently on 🤣 you literally have to press the backspace for something to happen. The fact that no one noticed before shows it’s not a big deal
    Any time the AI gets to attack me, it's because I allowed it to do so because the AI can't move if I don't want it to.

Just don’t press the button. I assume you’ve ploughed hundreds if not thousands of hours into this game, without pressing backspace, so clearly you are capable of playing this game without pressing it, just continue like that and you’ll be fine
    Here's a question, why shouldn't I use this any time the AI is poised to attack me?
    You’ve paid Money for a game where the premise is for the ai to attack you. The goal is to strategically better the ai.

That’s at least my expectation when I play the game. Just because I can undo that doesn’t mean I’ll want to
    But then since I have a legal tool to stunlock the AI, it would be strategically better to always make use of it. Why allow attacks you can avert with minimal effort?
    Legal? WTH?
    It's not a cheat.
    Not really. They just forgot it. What you're saying is basically that if someone leaves the door open you've the right to rob his house.
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Legal? WTH?
    It's not a cheat.
    Not really. They just forgot it. What you're saying is basically that if someone leaves the door open you've the right to rob his house.
    They left the door open, gave me the keys and then told me to take whatever I like. Why should I not take them up on the offer?

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,266

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Legal? WTH?
    It's not a cheat.
    They left the door open, gave me the keys and then told me to take whatever I like. Why should I not take them up on the offer?
    They didn't. They just left a bug in. But by now I'm convinced you just argue for the sake of arguing, so I'll leave it here.
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Legal? WTH?
    It's not a cheat.
    They didn't. They just left a bug in. But by now I'm convinced you just argue for the sake of arguing, so I'll leave it here.
    Of course they did. I am not in any way punished for taking everything just like using this exploit doesn't result in any negative consequences. It doesn't disable achievements, it doesn't brick my campaign saves...there's right now no downside to using this. Yes, the campaign turns farcical and trivial, but when has that ever stopped anyone here?

• BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,096

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Legal? WTH?
    It's not a cheat.
    By that logic, all CA has to do is label a "cheat code" and it has been fixed.

Again, this is no different from old cheat codes on consoles. It only impacts the game if you let it.

That said, it still needs to be fixed (and not by labeling it a cheat :) ), but I dont see it as an urgent need.
    Blaeys said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Legal? WTH?
    It's not a cheat.
    By that logic, all CA has to do is label a "cheat code" and it has been fixed.

Again, this is no different from old cheat codes on consoles. It only impacts the game if you let it.

That said, it still needs to be fixed (and not by labeling it a cheat :) ), but I dont see it as an urgent need.
    You don't need to input anything to get this to work so there's no point to relabling it.

And simply fixing the faulty UI flag that enables this would be easier than trying to sell it as a cheat anyway.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,264
    Moved to TW Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• UniemaUniema Registered Users Posts: 5
    I mean... I guess if CA wants to make this a feature to the core game. I wish they could at least mention it in the tutorial.

AI got you down? Hit that backspace!
    Don't like it when the AI sacks your towns? Tap that backspace!
    Skaven about to ambush you! Smash that backspace!

Key to winning any campaign on any difficulty? Backspace, backspace, backspace!