Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can someone give me some starters - I find ToB really confusing and hard to read

AndysonofBobAndysonofBob Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 108
Hi

I have played TW games since M2 and I haven't struggled to get my head around any of them.

But for some reason ToB baffles me. I think ToB has a lot of hidden depths, which is awesome but I am unsure how to play it.

The map is alot harder to parse for one thing. For instance, when you go to war, am I right in thinking you only go to war with the local dude? I was playing as East Engle and attacted Granchester thinking I would be at war with Sussex but it looked like I was only fighting the governer?

Can someone give me some starting tips to get me going please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Registered Users Posts: 471

Hi

I have played TW games since M2 and I haven't struggled to get my head around any of them.

But for some reason ToB baffles me. I think ToB has a lot of hidden depths, which is awesome but I am unsure how to play it.

The map is alot harder to parse for one thing. For instance, when you go to war, am I right in thinking you only go to war with the local dude? I was playing as East Engle and attacted Granchester thinking I would be at war with Sussex but it looked like I was only fighting the governer?

Can someone give me some starting tips to get me going please?

Thanks!

sounds like your lost in the ui.

the game is very generous with directions the first x turns, after that it is seeing how to survive and grow, pick your allies carefully, check their stance with other factions, especially the ones that are larger then you and train your armies to fight well

some research options only become available if you have recruited sufficient numbers of the right troops. Just take your time reading through everything and you should be more then fine at a certain point

and if your really in doubt just work with what you need. Do you need more territory ? well get it by the easiest opponent near you, build your towns.... work your way through the forest of clan politics with reasinging governors and generals

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • AndysonofBobAndysonofBob Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 108
    Awesome!

I guess I should just do the old sacrifical game and see what happens.

Just to confirm, if I am East Engle and attack someone in Sussex, am I only at war with the governor and his allies? So I am not necessarily at war with the king?

Thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BALLYSEAGALBALLYSEAGAL Registered Users Posts: 12
    I am toiling with this also having just downloaded this last week. Didn't think the advisor was much help compared to other games in the past!

Does this have a old fashioned manual I can download and read through?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,220

I am toiling with this also having just downloaded this last week. Didn't think the advisor was much help compared to other games in the past!

Does this have a old fashioned manual I can download and read through?

I don't think so, but you might find some help here https://steamcommunity.com/app/712100/guides/ or here https://academy.totalwar.com/thrones-of-britannia/

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png