Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Civ 6 Map system for Warhammer 3

MioWaveMioWave Registered Users Posts: 27
Do you think there will be a system similar to Civ 6, where the world is "round" in the combined map?

In Civ 6 if you look at the minimap you can go west and west and when you are at the end of the Minimap you´ll simply end up at the other side.
This applies for the game and the units.

For a world map in Warhammer this might be a good addition and could get rid of the coners.
E.G. Play Dark Elves and than send one army West to Ind, and the other one east to the old world for pillage and plunder.

Comments

• Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,741
    as much as i would love the see Cathay, Ind and Nippon as potential Races.

I highly doubt the map will go beyond the Mountains of Mourn.

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,802
    If they actually add new races for those areas it would be nice, but if they are all going to be placeholders we would be better off without those lands IMO.
  • DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936
    Not likely, purely because it's no super likely we will get to China in the world map, let alone Japan, but if they do show that on the map then they probably won't bother with it because this isn't exactly a small thing
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,741

• petherpether Registered Users Posts: 92
    I love the idea, but I doubt CA will do this
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,101
    I like the idea. But currently the AI is unable to cross the sea, preferring to walk all the way around it. So I do not see it working with a connected map, where it has to pass the rim.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,430
    sykall said:

I like the idea. But currently the AI is unable to cross the sea, preferring to walk all the way around it. So I do not see it working with a connected map, where it has to pass the rim.

Really? Because I see the AI sailing all the time if that is the shorter route. Maybe my game's AI didn't get the memo.

I'd also love an additional abstract map mode with a map generator. (Not as a replacement for the gorgeous normal campaign maps but a fun little alternate game-mode.)
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,101
    MrDragon said:

sykall said:

Really? Because I see the AI sailing all the time if that is the shorter route. Maybe my game's AI didn't get the memo.

I'd also love an additional abstract map mode with a map generator. (Not as a replacement for the gorgeous normal campaign maps but a fun little alternate game-mode.)
    I meant when I chose a target on the other side of the sea and my army marches automaticly around the sea, wanting to take 15 turns instead of 1. I imagine a rift witihin the map will lead to similar results.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Registered Users Posts: 380
    Dont think so. Ca does the bare minimum.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,430

Well, considering the ridiculously obscure lore and attention to detail in TWWHI and II I think that's a bit harsh. There's genuine love for the setting in there with tons of beautiful little touches in places where most developers would have phoned it in.
    I mean they're not perfect but 'bare minimum' is excessive.
    The maps we've had so far have been huge, beautiful and detailed.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,084
    MrDragon said:

Well, considering the ridiculously obscure lore and attention to detail in TWWHI and II I think that's a bit harsh. There's genuine love for the setting in there with tons of beautiful little touches in places where most developers would have phoned it in.
    I mean they're not perfect but 'bare minimum' is excessive.
    The maps we've had so far have been huge, beautiful and detailed.
    Yeah, but CA is still limited in scope. I think ItalianSpartacus did once say that the reason CA can't really do everything they want is that they do need to work within a budget. It is also same in some of their own statements, like one wherein they actually wanted to make the Black Pyramid move on the map once you control it as Tk or have Amanar as a final enemy rather than just a prop.

It would probably require major changes to the engine to pull something off like what Civ or Paradox Grand Strategy Games have.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,101

They should keep it that way, rather expand Northern Part of Chaos Wastes with different environments, for each Chaos God and frozen, hellish landscape.

I wanna see Tzeentch battle environment and Campaign corruption as visuals.

#JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • BDMblueBDMblue Registered Users Posts: 217
    Was thinking a random map. Was hoping they could have an option to change the land scape around and pop all the races(species) on it.

A whole new system would have to be made for this though so prob not. Still I’ll hope.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,102
    BDMblue said:

Was thinking a random map. Was hoping they could have an option to change the land scape around and pop all the races(species) on it.

A whole new system would have to be made for this though so prob not. Still I’ll hope.

Random map isn't ever gonna happen, there's not even any point wishing for it. The IP is Warhammer so the map will always be based on the Warhammer world. They might have smaller maps etc but they aren't going to randomise the map
  • TheLowKingTheLowKing Registered Users Posts: 210
    No.

Unlike the Civilisation games (they all had the same mechanic) or games like Europa Universalis, the ability to circumnavigate the world is not a core or defining part of the narrative. In historical games, a huge part of human development was driven by the discovery of alternative routes between Asia and Europe as well as the colonial ambitions that followed on from that. In Warhammer, the far east is a mostly irrelevent part of the lore; it has some mentions and some interesting stories but has little bearing or impact on the majority of warhammer races.

It could be added, but it is unlikely to be a focus.
  • markusasmarkusas Registered Users Posts: 239
    Yes round is my most requested feature even if they remove cathay area.
    When game 3 comes out I want to travel the world from the east to west and invade the western shores of Naggaroth. Also expand Mortal Empires South and West to make Southlands, Lustria and Western Naggaroth great again!
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 727
    I would rather have full continents, so full Lustria, Southlands and Naggaroth so everything can be connected by sea.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,118
    We'll never get the full Warhammer world. Actually we never got the whole world in any TW game. So it would not work.
  • Polar_IceCreamPolar_IceCream Registered Users Posts: 117
    Im personally just excited about opening up the Eastern part of the map. I think the VC, Greenskins and Chaos just tend to push into the center of the Empire and Badlands. The Last Defenders and Hag Graef dont tend to move really as they are stuck in the corner of the map unable to push out. Opening the East up will change the power flow of all those factions Dramatically. I really want to see how the campaign changes dynamics with the VC and Eshin pushing East and what it would mean for Empire to maybe see a threat as the Orge Kingdom (potentially) push Westwards.

Just really excited to have new lands and territory to explore and see how it changes the flow of every race especially if (real hopeful thinking) they create a way to link The far Western part of the New World to the Far Eastern part of the map like a 360 globe.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,844
    Xenos7 said:

We'll never get the full Warhammer world. Actually we never got the whole world in any TW game. So it would not work.

my guess is that the first TW we would get the full world would be a TW Victoria...
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,257
    MioWave said:

Do you think there will be a system similar to Civ 6, where the world is "round" in the combined map?

In Civ 6 if you look at the minimap you can go west and west and when you are at the end of the Minimap you´ll simply end up at the other side.
    This applies for the game and the units.

For a world map in Warhammer this might be a good addition and could get rid of the coners.
    E.G. Play Dark Elves and than send one army West to Ind, and the other one east to the old world for pillage and plunder.

They did it before in Empire TW where you could sail between maps using specific points or if playing in Europe or India you could march overland to the other map. I really hope this is a feature in WH.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall