Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Need a giant unit that can throw big rock like Cyclops guy but better range

KalashnjkovKalashnjkov Registered Users Posts: 5
This could be a good way to deal with lacking artillery siege machine in this game. A bit light fantasy and more mythic units are always fun.
Tagged:

Comments

• Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    While I am not sure they will be an artillery given that I did see giant bowmen it be interesting to see what they would do for a giant slinger would look like.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 825
    Oh God! Please no!
    At least make it optional. I'm enjoying the "truth behind the myth" approach and if I see things like giants destroying walls the first thing I would do would be to mod the game to remove those units as soon as possible.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    The Cyclops in this game is roughly one-two heads taller than the average soldiers. So how far could he possibly fling a boulder?

In that case just ask for the Polybolos to be introduced.
  • KalashnjkovKalashnjkov Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    Boicote said:

Oh God! Please no!
    At least make it optional. I'm enjoying the "truth behind the myth" approach and if I see things like giants destroying walls the first thing I would do would be to mod the game to remove those units as soon as possible.

How about making it optional like Romance mode and Record mode in 3k?

The Cyclops in this game is roughly one-two heads taller than the average soldiers. So how far could he possibly fling a boulder?

In that case just ask for the Polybolos to be introduced.

Maybe a big sling with medium size rock could increase range and still deal damage to the wall when it's used by a supernatural strength from a giant.

Polybolos wasnt invented in Troy era.