Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roma Surrectum II

2»

Comments

• CliffCliff Senior Member Posts: 226Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    apple wrote: »
    I'm glad you guys liked it. :)

Hey Apple!:D How did you get in here without a proper introduction?? For those who don't know, Apple is pretty much the Big Cheese, or at least one of the Big Cheeses, of the Roma Surrectom development team!

I'm still struggling with my (new --3rd or 4th) RS2 Roman Campaign, but I'm also having fun with it.

-- Cliff in Virginia
  • ArvenidesArvenides Senior Member Posts: 194Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    How is it possible to have enough of time for so many campaigns? I'm still struggling on my first ones! I'm playing two campaigns right now, one as Cimbri and one as Macedon.

The campaign as Macedon is definitely the one I enjoy the most. I'm in war with the Ptolemaics and Pergamon in my conquest of the east, I'm defending my walls from Roman invasions from the west and I'm pressing the Free Greeks from my borders to the south.

This is mod is just amazing! :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,062
    edited September 2010
    I've been playing (as Rome) since release day and I still haven't got the Martius reforms yet lol but I'm loving every minute of it.
    edited September 2010
    Arvenides wrote: »
    How is it possible to have enough of time for so many campaigns? I'm still struggling on my first ones! I'm playing two campaigns right now, one as Cimbri and one as Macedon.

The campaign as Macedon is definitely the one I enjoy the most. I'm in war with the Ptolemaics and Pergamon in my conquest of the east, I'm defending my walls from Roman invasions from the west and I'm pressing the Free Greeks from my borders to the south.

This is mod is just amazing! :)

I didn't mean that I had completed 3 or 4 campaigns -- I meant that I had started 3 or four campaigns & bailed out because I didn't know what I was doing.:o I am 40 years into my current campaign, and am doing fairly well (holding my own, at least.:p)
    I've been playing (as Rome) since release day and I still haven't got the Martius reforms yet lol but I'm loving every minute of it.

I think I'm about 2 turns away from the Marius reforms; anyway I *think* I'm building the right Imperial Palace (or some such) in the right city. BTW, how come you look somewhat cuter on the TWC forum??:rolleyes:
  • MastodonttiMastodontti Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    I was playing my campaign as Rome today and everything was going along nicely for a change. I finally managed to destroy the Arvernii and push north into Cimbri territory. The Ptolemaics declared war on me and invaded from Anatolia but I managed to beat them back for now. I have no interest in going further east at the moment. But then **** hit the fan, and it hit it hard. I lost most of my developed provinces to the Roman Rebels and they are now the 1) strongest, 2) richest and 3) largest nation in the game... Add to that the fact that I was forced to fight a ****load of battles when this happened (after a few I simply autoresolved as I didn't have time to spend 6 hours fighting battle after battle on the Roman Rebels turn) and you can probably imagine how I felt. :p

So, any suggestions? My only provinces capable of producing armies to fight them are located in northern Italy (which I will soon lose), Illyria and north from Illyria. North Africa has been theirs for some time as I didn't have the resources to hold on to it early in the game so I let them rebel. The Sarmatians are still neutral as I've got a few stacks near my border towns but they'll invade soon since I'm using all my resources to fight the Rebels and as said before the Ptolemaic empire is knocking on my door at Greece... I'm quite certain I will lose this campaign very soon. :confused: It's been extremely fun though and I will fight until it is certain I cannot rise again.

E: I forgot to add that I'm horribly in debt.
    edited September 2010
    Switch sides and join the rebels :D
  • appleapple Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2010
    We said that RS 2 would be hard didn't we. :p
    edited September 2010
    apple wrote: »
    We said that RS 2 would be hard didn't we. :p

You and the other devs have posted on the TWC RS2 forum that there will be a MAJOR REBELLION when you, as Rome, have conquered 80-87 regions. This sounds exactly what happened to Mastodontti, don't you think?
  • PATRIOT45PATRIOT45 Senior Member SwitzerlandPosts: 686Registered Users
    edited September 2010

My friend has got it after a few rounds... lol

This mod is awesome!
    Watch out: Arena is more addictive than cocaine! :p
    edited September 2010
    I'm hoping to get it today or tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I've built all the prerequisites and now all I have to do is wait until the population of Akrages reaches 24,000 and bingo the option for Imperial palace should appear.
    edited September 2010
    I'm hoping to get it today or tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I've built all the prerequisites and now all I have to do is wait until the population of Akrages reaches 24,000 and bingo the option for Imperial palace should appear.

I got the Marian reforms about 10-15 turns ago; have built Roman Fortresses in Rome, Carthage, Medilarian (sp?), and a couple of other cities. But I have yet to see any big advantage of building the super-expensive numbered legions.:confused: I've built a couple, plus a dozen or so post-Marian coharts (have deleted all the expensive pre-marian coharts & tiorii). My best armies are cheap: about 2/3 Cre-tin archers & 1/3 missile cavalry. I've found that by the time they're out of ammunition the enemy's full stack is down 50-60% while my losses are nil. Then I use the archers to anchor the enemy infantry and whack their infantry again-and-again with my cavalry 'til they rout.:D A typical battle results in 100% enemy losses & 10-15% losses to my army.
  • Dark SideDark Side Senior Member Posts: 1,549Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    @Apple: Great work, I've been following up on RSII's progress for the past couple of months and you guys have done an excellent job.
  • lubicdjlubicdj Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    wow this mod rock !!! its impressiv ; How is it possible that they have succeeded to create an environment as realistic and not the original development team? I do not understand, when I compare the images of the original game and pictures of the mod, it looks like the engine was rebuilt and is new ... It's crazy ! We should show that at CA dev team !
  • westwest Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    im getting a new computer soon and want a good mod i need to play some rome its been a year since ive been able to. EB and darthmod was good but looking for something different. RS2 looks good i havent played the first one though. How is recruiting bc i hated SPQR cause you could recruit by the bunches.
  • NaxzulNaxzul Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users
    edited November 2011
  • TunechiTunechi Senior Member Posts: 174Registered Users
    edited November 2011
    This mod is so great. But is there a bug to do with the "Coward" trait???
    ALL of my admirals and some of my top generals have the trait, having never "fled the battlefield".
    SINGVLI PVGNANT VNIVERSI VINCVNTVR
  • atcsmikeatcsmike Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I tried this mod last night, but the graphics looked terrible. They were kind of washed out, especially the city graphics that show the buildings. I had to try loading it twice because it hung on the first try. The second time it seemed to hang but I hit a key and it progressed. The strange thing is, when it started, I got a black screen with some green text in the upper left hand corner that had some numbers and a .ru address. Then they changed into green artifacts. After that the game started. Has anyone experienced this?

I'm going to reinstall the mod and see if it is any better.

Mike
    edited December 2011
    ^Not sure what that's about. Yeah just reinstall it.
    The graphics are brilliant.
  • atcsmikeatcsmike Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Well I reinstalled the mod and the colors freaked out again. I noticed just before the RSII screen closes the colors lighten up quite a bit. Like the contrast was turned way up. This is what is causing the colors to be washed out. Has anyone else noticed this? Makes the game difficult to see.

I noticed that RSII over writes the original Rome exe files. Also, if I start the game using the RSII icon, I am unable to play Rome TW, only Rome-BI. Does anyone else have this problem? The only way to play just Rome TW is using the batch file. I really want to try this mod. Anyone have any suggestions on this?
  • riskerrisker Senior Member Posts: 212Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    im not sure what's going wrong when i install it with many of my other mods i have failed at after i "install" it nothing happens no changes to the game no options to play the mod instead of the vanilla :(
    cheers
    risker
    edited January 2012
    risker wrote: »
    im not sure what's going wrong when i install it with many of my other mods i have failed at after i "install" it nothing happens no changes to the game no options to play the mod instead of the vanilla :(
    It has it's own launcher.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559
    edited April 2012

[video=vimeo;40364229]
  • riskerrisker Senior Member Posts: 212Registered Users
    edited June 2012
    hey i installed the mod but when i go to the launcher it says could not write to launcher as a header for a pop up and in the pop up it just says 12?
    cheers
    risker
    edited August 2012
  • TwaZiTwaZi Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 2012
    Great mod guys!

However I have a problem :P When I start it I got no option to press campaign. I have tried to re-install it, but still no campaign :S

Anyone know what I did wrong?
  • CazCaz Senior Member Posts: 445Registered Users
    edited October 2012
    The Mod looks so fun, I usually watch peoples walkthroughs on youtube. Shame I can't play it.
  • PethomPethom Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited December 2012
    Caz wrote: »
    The Mod looks so fun, I usually watch peoples walkthroughs on youtube. Shame I can't play it.
    Why can't you play it? Buy Rome Total War on second hand or in a shop. It's cheap now. And a computer isn't so very expensive either. You work a little bit and save some money for the game and a computer. When you have them you down load the mod.

There will be a newer version of the mod in a few months, with some major changes.
  • CazCaz Senior Member Posts: 445Registered Users
    edited February 2013
    Pethom wrote: »
    Why can't you play it? Buy Rome Total War on second hand or in a shop. It's cheap now. And a computer isn't so very expensive either. You work a little bit and save some money for the game and a computer. When you have them you down load the mod.

There will be a newer version of the mod in a few months, with some major changes.

Hi there, I do have the original Rome, and I also have a very good computer. It's just that every time I install the mod, it never plays properly for me. I'll give it another go shortly and hope it works. Would love too play it.
  • sdw1000sdw1000 Senior Member Posts: 612Registered Users
    edited April 2013
    It's really not that hard to install it. MAKE a new folder. Don't load it into any RTW folders. Follow the instructions exactly.
    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
    - William Tecumseh Sherman
2»