Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

General balance of lore's (1)

2»

Comments

• TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

Without writing a wall of text to participate in the entertaining discussion of what faction is more OP I would point out that there's another faction with access to all 8 lores and all types of spells - Empire.

This wasn't even about HE until the usual suspect decided to shoehorn them in and center the debate around it.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    edited August 2020
    Green0 said:

Without writing a wall of text to participate in the entertaining discussion of what faction is more OP I would point out that there's another faction with access to all 8 lores and all types of spells - Empire.

Empire can play a variety of styles with existing lores, with Life, Fire, Metal, Beasts, Light all being viable. Doesn't mean Death, Heavens, Shadows are bad but I think they're less common due to how Empire roster works. I've seen them used successfully too, just not as often.

Life + Franz is probably still the most popular combo though, probably because it's relatively easy to use and quite consistent. Maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea to make heals less effective on SEMs as SEMs + healing is a pretty dominant but strategically dull playstyle. I can't say other options are not viable though, all other lores are usable too.

E.g. Fire with Fireball sniping + Burning Head aoe is also very strong. So is Metal with Final transmutation and Plague of Rust. So is Beast summons or Light's Net and sometimes even Timewarp. All types of spells have their place.

Notice how I name only a couple of spells per lore however. That's because like half of the spells are bad. Some can be excused as being useful in SP mostly tho (Vortex spells are the best in SP as AI doesn't know better).

Empire also picks Life because Karl Franz with Ghal Maraz is the only way that Empire can reliably counter stuff like 2x Shaggoths, Mammoths etc.
    No, it's one way but not the only way. Net (whether it be Amyntok or Markus') and shooting does the same thing since Chaos and Norsca can't heal and so you aren't wasting ammo trying to beat their SEMs. They also don't have the comically undersized hitboxes flying SEMs enjoy which are worth about 50% missile resistance by themselves. You can also use Demigryph Knights Halberds.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,473
    Play time is over here folks. You want to lob derogatory and insulting bombs against each other, do it elsewhere.

General warning given.....
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

This discussion has been closed.