Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please make Napoleon 2!!!

jordang777jordang777 Registered Users Posts: 3
Even with Shogun 2 and Rome 2 being superior for me I still think napoleon stacks up against all Total War games. I sure would love to see a new high budget game!

Here are my hopes for Napoleon 2:

-Expanded campaign map that include all of North Africa, the Middle East, Anatolia and perhaps even India?
-More Island settlements in the Mediterranean.
-More mainland settlements in areas that were previously fairly empty. Such as Paris, Madrid and Russia. There could have easily been 3 or 4 smaller provinces around those Settlements.
-In Napoleon, it takes till later in the game with more techs to upgrade your trade ports to max level; and even then you only get 2 building slots to put out trade ships. Perhaps make unit producing buildings expandable as well as upgrade-able? Example: why not be able to add building slots to barracks or shipyards by being able to expand the barracks or ship yards themselves, and upgrading them to produce better units?
-Skill trees for Agents and Generals.
-More Techs.
-More Buildings Resources and Agriculture.
-RAILROAD!!!
-The ability for an army to build forts on the campaign map that they can winter in and fight out of in Battles.
-More City defenses and siege warfare. In Napoleon pretty much all battles were essentially field battles.
-More playable factions and unique units to each faction.
-Unique agents for factions.
-The ability to field at least 2 full stacks in a battle like Shogun 2 and Rome 2, maybe even 3 full stacks?
-The ability for navies to bombard coastal settlements.

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,748
    I did enjoy Napoleon TW, I wouldn't expect to see a second unless we get a second Empire based game.

- Not sure it would fit going all the way to India, not much seems to have happened in the region during the war.

- Malta did seem a shame to be missed. Not sure any other of the islands would be needed without expansion in the area such as Cyprus would need Anatolia and the Middle East to really be worth while.

-Buildings and resources, there's not really much that was missed off and with the new system of provinces/towns there will be less range of stuff. I did like the Empire/Napoleon style provinces the most, just felt it needed to be managed from the main settlement screen.

- Too early for railroads to make an appearance outside of a late game tech for mines.

- I do wonder how CA will handle camp/fort stance in the later time periods.

- I think a large part was walls didn't work well early in the new engine. Although then again I'm not sure I recall that many sieges of note during the war.

-Unique agents in what way? Although I still want rid of agents in general, think they are such a bad mechanic since the move to Shogun 2.

If they do come back to this time period I'd like to see the trade nodes come back and maybe expanded upon such as whaling being rather big source of income during the time period.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,445
    I'm not inclined to get another Napoleon, but would really like an Empire upgrade or redo. Better yet would be a Guns & Power covering the 19th Century. Several iterations have been suggested before, and I personally like quite a few of them.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• DannyrolljrDannyrolljr El Paso, TXRegistered Users Posts: 4
    I think Napoleon would fit as a saga. I’d much prefer an Empire 2 like others have said, but much more in depth with a bigger map. I’d love to see more of Africa.
  • EstPortEstPort Registered Users Posts: 1
    I’m new here. I pretty enjoyed Napoleon. The first TW game I played. A good upgrade would be a bigger map (similar to Troy) and more battlefields as they were repetitive.

A good second Napoleon could be a one based on the South American independence wars, a long conflict (15 or so years).

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,766

I think Napoleon would fit as a saga. I’d much prefer an Empire 2 like others have said, but much more in depth with a bigger map. I’d love to see more of Africa.

Empire 2, what era? Start date?