Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Does anyone know if there will be a patch soon for balance and bug fixes? +feedback(rage)

Bob1219Bob1219 Registered Users Posts: 41
Title

After playing for a week, I quit and went back to other games. I mainly don't want to play Troy because of some battle problems. The campaign is great though but some buildings, like Paris's Helen chain, feel useless or are bugged, like the wood archer ammunition chain.

For battles, I hope they'll fix unit collision and chariots. Obviously chariots are a problem as seen by the multiple posts. But there's another problem where, in battles, if you have a mass brawl and one unit retreats/routs. All the units tasked to attack that unit will pull through to chase and get instantly shredded by the enemy. This seems to only happen to the player's units as the AI has near-infinite apm and they'll redirect their units to attack the unit that pulls through to chase.

Charges seem to be really hit or miss too, they either seem really f'ing weak sometimes or are perfect. I guess it's the difference between light/heavy, or just collision problem again.

Also, with ranged units, they seem to really take forever when you command them to attack an enemy unit. If the unit is to their side, the whole archer unit will take like 5 seconds to turn 90 degrees, pause for 5 seconds, then adjust again doing god knows what for another 5 seconds before firing, instead of just turning each body 90 degrees and firing. The ranged units feel really static, this isn't a problem for some battles. But in battles where it's really messy with units sprawled out everywhere, or battles where speed is important, it's really frustrating.

Comments

• epic_159817030363AS6d3l9epic_159817030363AS6d3l9 Registered Users Posts: 88
    Yes ofc there will be patches. Game is just released, probably they are already working on it.

There will be at least 2 DLCs, plus multiplayers isn't out yet and balance patches are the must for a good multiplayers.

So you can conclude there will be patches. I doubt it will be many as for Rome 2, cuz it isn't that big game and broken at a release.
  • Bob1219Bob1219 Registered Users Posts: 41
    Yeah, but I'm wondering when, like when Amazons are released or before that?
  • epic_159817030363AS6d3l9epic_159817030363AS6d3l9 Registered Users Posts: 88
    Well nobody can know that except employee from CA working on that...
  • BshamBsham Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 434
    I would say when the Amazons is released as it makes sense. They've known about the collision problem for a while due to feedback from Youtubers who got it early. I've given up playing until they sort the food supply problem out because it's so game breaking.

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,753
    edited August 24
    I'm really enjoying the game, but I'm also hoping for a patch ASAP to sort out the more serious balance issues, like Supply Lines, chariots, unit collision.

Hopefully we might hear something this week.
  • RealnosuchnameRealnosuchname Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,495
    Bsham said:

I would say when the Amazons is released as it makes sense. They've known about the collision problem for a while due to feedback from Youtubers who got it early. I've given up playing until they sort the food supply problem out because it's so game breaking.

Its far better than 3k corruption mechanic in which you get punished for conquering settlements. Secondly, its not game breaking at all, use envoys, a fully upgraded envoy can reduce army upkeep by more than 20% and some generals give you more food and reduce upkeep.
    Auto resolving has been hugely improvement in warhammer 2, its far better compared to the first one, but it still needs some tweaking, especially the dark elves.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,340

Its far better than 3k corruption mechanic in which you get punished for conquering settlements.

No, disagree. Expansion is somethign that needs to come with a scaling mechanic, otherwise expanding not only becomes the best and most optimal way to play the game every single time, it also means big empires are always dispoportionally stronger than smaller ones which isn't quite how this worked out in RL.

• BshamBsham Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 434

Bsham said:

Its far better than 3k corruption mechanic in which you get punished for conquering settlements. Secondly, its not game breaking at all, use envoys, a fully upgraded envoy can reduce army upkeep by more than 20% and some generals give you more food and reduce upkeep.
    It is game breaking. Your food upkeep costs go up over 20% for one extra general. It breaks the games especially when you add in Achilles rage mechanic that can swing your economy in a bad way.

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,412
    Bob1219 said:

Yeah, but I'm wondering when, like when Amazons are released or before that?

I think it'll when Amazons come out, they tend to leave patches until the next DLC unless it's something game breaking and they've already done a hot fix. Amazons is due in September
    Bsham said:

Bsham said:

It is game breaking. Your food upkeep costs go up over 20% for one extra general. It breaks the games especially when you add in Achilles rage mechanic that can swing your economy in a bad way.
    Its not game breaking, its intended to avoid steamrolling. Maybe it needs to be slightly lowered to the same level as warhammer 2, but I take it anyday over the stupid corruption mechanic.
    Auto resolving has been hugely improvement in warhammer 2, its far better compared to the first one, but it still needs some tweaking, especially the dark elves.

Its far better than 3k corruption mechanic in which you get punished for conquering settlements.

No, disagree. Expansion is somethign that needs to come with a scaling mechanic, otherwise expanding not only becomes the best and most optimal way to play the game every single time, it also means big empires are always dispoportionally stronger than smaller ones which isn't quite how this worked out in RL.
    Being bigger in this game isnt the best choice either, even without the corruption mechanic, a lot of land will be left undefended due to the supply system. Which is why some people have trouble playing as hector cause they confederate with too many people. I think the supply system is much better, it encourages building high quality armies which I prefer over quantity. Or maybe they could adopt a similar system like EU4 where you had territories and states, states would be limited to a small number of handpicked provinces that give full income while territories would only give a percentage of their income. I think its much better than the corruption system that cuts your income in all cities. Either way in my opinion the supply system wins over the corruption mechanic hands down.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,340

Being bigger in this game isnt the best choice either, even without the corruption mechanic, a lot of land will be left undefended due to the supply system. Which is why some people have trouble playing as hector cause they confederate with too many people. I think the supply system is much better, it encourages building high quality armies which I prefer over quantity. Or maybe they could adopt a similar system like EU4 where you had territories and states, states would be limited to a small number of handpicked provinces that give full income while territories would only give a percentage of their income. I think its much better than the corruption system that cuts your income in all cities. Either way in my opinion the supply system wins over the corruption mechanic hands down.
    This is about removing supply lines without replacing it.

This is about removing supply lines without replacing it.
    Well, I hope it doesnt come to that, that would break the game, and make big factions roll over smaller factions much easier.
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,624
    I guess that the major patch will be released with Amazons DLC in September.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS and TROY campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.