Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Road Map for remaining wh 2 content

kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 6,387
Dear CA,

As Fans of TWW we also need a road map. Since we are good portion of your revenue. And i as fan of TWW tired of just guessing stuff.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia

Comments

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 3,245
    Wood Elf DLC in the next 2 months.

Maybe another Lord Pack 3-5 months after that.

Pre-order

Warhammer 3 before the end of next year.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 6,387

Wood Elf DLC in the next 2 months.

Maybe another Lord Pack 3-5 months after that.

Pre-order

Warhammer 3 before the end of next year.

Yeah but your already guessing middle, so we need road map.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,126
    neodeinos said:

This is the official forums here, if you want an actual answer try Reddit, the unofficial platform.

Sadly... this is true.

Anyway:

I was planning on sticking to my guns and going with:
    Autumn 2020 - WE vs (Skaven? Dark Elves?) LP
    Winter/Early Spring - preorder
    Late spring/early summer - WH3
    Because CA said there was only one more LP after the (then still unannounced) Warden and the Paunch.

But the announcement window is closing fast.
    So maybe they are going to try and squeeze one last-last LP in before WH3.

I'm not going to lock in that guess though until CA corrects the record.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,508
    neodeinos said:

This is the official forums here, if you want an actual answer try Reddit, the unofficial platform.

XD
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,719
    A Roadmap would be nice, we used to get them (or at least FLC roadmaps) and the other TW games get them so I don't get why we do not
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    My expectations:

October: WE LP

March: BM LP

April/May: WH3 Announcement

August: Amazons Preorder bonus

September/October: WH3 Release

Goatforce said:

A Roadmap would be nice, we used to get them (or at least FLC roadmaps) and the other TW games get them so I don't get why we do not

Probably because things are constantly shifting for Warhammer and seemingly constantly expanding. It doesn't help that when the FLC chart was wrong all hell broke loose.

Goatforce said:

Probably because things are constantly shifting for Warhammer and seemingly constantly expanding. It doesn't help that when the FLC chart was wrong all hell broke loose.
    All this issues can be stoped if they focused more to tww, and they can additional content out side of road map. And people will not be angry. If some one is they will get screamed out of the house by fans
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 916
    ArneSo said:

My expectations:

Serious question Arne...why are you spamming the amazon nonsense recently? is that your personal wishful thinking?

DoW, Legion of Nagash, another LP... sure but Amazons? the meme laser-tech race with 5 official units, 2 no name LL and less lore than Cathay? Cmon
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

edited September 8
    Reghis said:

ArneSo said:

My expectations:

Serious question Arne...why are you spamming the amazon nonsense recently? is that your personal wishful thinking?

DoW, Legion of Nagash, another LP... sure but Amazons? the meme laser-tech race with 5 official units, 2 no name LL and less lore than Cathay? Cmon
    I just see them as the only possible choice for the preorder bonus. DoW are to big to be wasted as a cheap low budget preorder bonus and Nagash makes no sense on the Vortex map.

So if the preorder bonus is for the Vortex and WH2, I just see the following possibilities:
    - WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

Amazons have more official stuff than the vampire Coast and considering what a success the Nanman are for 3k, it would be great to have a similar race in WH.

They have enough to be their own race with 25-30 units just like WE.

You should really check out the lore of the Amazons mate, they have enough characters and units to be their own race.
  • Nico_NINico_NI Registered Users Posts: 275
    ArneSo said:

Reghis said:

ArneSo said:

My expectations:

I just see them as the only possible choice for the preorder bonus. DoW are to big to be wasted as a cheap low budget preorder bonus and Nagash makes no sense on the Vortex map.

So if the preorder bonus is for the Vortex and WH2, I just see the following possibilities:
    - WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

Amazons have more official stuff than the vampire Coast and considering what a success the Nanman are for 3k, it would be great to have a similar race in WH.

You should really check out the lore of the Amazons mate, they have enough characters and units to be their own race.
    I need to stop you there.

Vampire Coast had a WD armylist, and more Lore than the Amanzons, who had no offical army book or list.

You can wish for any race o faction that you want, but lets face the facts, Amazons have no official Army book, nor armylist, they are a footnote in the bottom of the Lore jar.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,587
    neodeinos said:

This. Sadly the truth is this forum although looked at has always been the last place info is placed by CA. Reddit gets the answers, Facebook gets all the info dumps first, then lastly this does. Really a shame.
    Nico_NI said:

ArneSo said:

Reghis said:

ArneSo said:

My expectations:

- WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

I need to stop you there.

Vampire Coast had a WD armylist, and more Lore than the Amanzons, who had no offical army book or list.

You can wish for any race o faction that you want, but lets face the facts, Amazons have no official Army book, nor armylist, they are a footnote in the bottom of the Lore jar.
    The Vampire coasts lore was extremely slim and basically only Luthor Harkon.

Yes Amazons never had an army list but they have enough potential units to be their own race as @SeanJeanquoi proofed in his thread
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,947
    If they add amazons but not araby, RIOT.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo

Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,115
    neodeinos said:

There's currently 31 people online here. On the Total War Forum there's currently 3,000 online.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!

neodeinos said:

There's currently 31 people online here. On the Total War Forum there's currently 3,000 online.
    Yeah I really don't know why anyone is surprised they post more on the platform with a thousand times the activity

If they add amazons but not araby, RIOT.

So you don’t want X race because Y race didn’t make it in?

I will never understand that attitude. Yes Araby would’ve been cool, but it’s officially dead so can we please move on finally?
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,640
    A more extensive roadmap for WH would be nice but I’m guessing it’s because things are constantly changing. Maybe they haven’t decided if they’re doing another LP after this one yet.

There’s also Warhammer 3 to consider. If Warhammer 3 is ready to be announced by the time the Wood Elves LP is released, they may forgo doing another lord pack. If Warhammer 3 isn’t ready by then, they may decide to do one more.

All depends.
    Bonutz said:

A more extensive roadmap for WH would be nice but I’m guessing it’s because things are constantly changing. Maybe they haven’t decided if they’re doing another LP after this one yet.

There’s also Warhammer 3 to consider. If Warhammer 3 is ready to be announced by the time the Wood Elves LP is released, they may forgo doing another lord pack. If Warhammer 3 isn’t ready by then, they may decide to do one more.

All depends.

Yeah, it could be that they are waiting to see how this WE pack goes (don't know why, all of WH's DLC sells well), maybe they do plan for another LP after this one, and if it does well it will be BM, if not then a more traditional LP.
    ArneSo said:

- WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

I consider the odds of a Beastman DLC next very slim because if the WE DLC is indeed a test for a DLC for DLC kinda situation they won't have BM lined up next.
    We know CA plan their DLCs ahead by at least 2 and generally most gaming companies are developing DLC packs like this 3-4 ahead even.
    Because once say... the art is done, the programmers might very well not be. So the artists move on to the next DLC which has already been in the concepting phase for a while.
    And so on and so forth.
    They're not going to double down on a gamble, when they've literally told us it's a test.
    MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

- WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

I consider the odds of a Beastman DLC next very slim because if the WE DLC is indeed a test for a DLC for DLC kinda situation they won't have BM lined up next.
    We know CA plan their DLCs ahead by at least 2 and generally most gaming companies are developing DLC packs like this 3-4 ahead even.
    Because once say... the art is done, the programmers might very well not be. So the artists move on to the next DLC which has already been in the concepting phase for a while.
    And so on and so forth.
    They're not going to double down on a gamble, when they've literally told us it's a test.
    Then who will they do if they do another dlc.
    MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

- WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

And so on and so forth.
    I think they probably know that it is a pretty safe bet. WH2 DLCs consistantly hit the Steam bestsellers, and people have been demanding updates for WH1 DLC races for years, especially the BM.

I would not be suprised if they planned a pack with one race as a "hard" lock in and BM as a "soft" lock, that they are fairly confident on (seriously which fool thinks a BM DLC wouldn't do well?) but are waiting to see how this upcoming DLC shakes out on. It isn't like they have no races for backup, if we assume a WH2 race being the "Hard" lock, they have the Dwarfs and the VCs to choose from if they somehow think BM wouldn't work, and any artwork and such done for the backup option can be used in the future for a DLC in game 3 anyway, as could equivalent work done on the BM.
  • DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936
    Goatforce said:

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

- WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

And so on and so forth.
    I think they probably know that it is a pretty safe bet. WH2 DLCs consistantly hit the Steam bestsellers, and people have been demanding updates for WH1 DLC races for years, especially the BM.

I would not be suprised if they planned a pack with one race as a "hard" lock in and BM as a "soft" lock, that they are fairly confident on (seriously which fool thinks a BM DLC wouldn't do well?) but are waiting to see how this upcoming DLC shakes out on. It isn't like they have no races for backup, if we assume a WH2 race being the "Hard" lock, they have the Dwarfs and the VCs to choose from if they somehow think BM wouldn't work, and any artwork and such done for the backup option can be used in the future for a DLC in game 3 anyway, as could equivalent work done on the BM.
    it's far more likely they thought they could get people to buy this DLC because that's the only way we could get some beastmen content for them, while planning on having beastmen in it unless it sells so bad they rethink lord packs as a whole
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

- WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

And so on and so forth.
    Then who will they do if they do another dlc.
    Definitely not Bretonnia, that is clear.
    MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

- WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

And so on and so forth.
    The WE LP is already a big stretch for CA so a BM LP Next would also be something spontaneous, all depending on the success of the WE LP as well as WH3.

If the next LP fails, CA might aim and push for a WH3 release Next, of it’s a huge success they might take a bit more time to polish WH3.

I don’t see a WH3 release before September 2021 so another LP makes sense.
  • EldrickEldrick Registered Users Posts: 524
    MrDragon said:

neodeinos said:

Autumn 2020 - WE vs (Skaven? Dark Elves?) LP
    Winter/Early Spring - preorder
    What, wait, have I missed something? Autumn 2020 has already passed, as has Winter and its now early Spring! 😎

A good number of us live in the Sth Hemisphere so mentioning seasons is not a good point of reference.

Goatforce said:

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

- WoC 2.0
    - BM LP
    - Amazons

And so on and so forth.

it's far more likely they thought they could get people to buy this DLC because that's the only way we could get some beastmen content for them, while planning on having beastmen in it unless it sells so bad they rethink lord packs as a whole
    That is also a possibility.
    edited September 9
    I think they have "safe" content lined up for after the WE LP (If they do another LP after this, which is not what they had planned as late as a month before Warden n Paunch.)((Yes that window is looking awfully tight so another LP makes sense now but we do not have any word on it.))
    I can't see them doubling up if this next one is supposed to be a test.
    That is just not how video game development pipelines work.

It'll only be directly followed by a BM LP if they had full confidence in this one and just tried to use the "test" thing as a cynical manipulation to get us to buy this one as BM bait.

They knew what they were working on after Warden n Paunch, before that was finished.

Other games, like say... Hearthstone, work 3 expansions ahead. World of Warcraft works two expansions ahead.
    I'm just skeptical they'd gamble development time on a second iteration of a "test" before getting results back from the first.

So either they're lying and manipulating us and you're all seeing through it... or they're telling the truth and ya'll are getting hyped waaaaaaaaay too early.