Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TROY Patch 1.1.0

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 441
Patch 1.1.0 for TROY is now live!

This includes adjustments to chariots, provides fixes for bartering, makes Achilles’ start a little easier, and much more.

Take a look at the full patch notes for more info: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-troy-patch-1-1-0/

Comments

• epic_159817030363AS6d3l9epic_159817030363AS6d3l9 Registered Users Posts: 94
    Wohooooooooooooo!!!

Going to read asap!
  • KaosfyreKaosfyre Registered Users Posts: 23
    Thanks for this CA!
    Want to ask, is this patch really 7.7gb big? Is it gonna just replace old files or it will eat 7.7gb of space after installing?
  • DdnetDdnet Registered Users Posts: 12
    "Reduced the confederation priority for all AI factions"
    "Reduced AI confederation desirability bonus if the resulting confederation will be as strong as – or stronger – than the player"
    "Strong AI factions are now more likely to confederate weaker ones instead of the other way around"
    "There is no longer a discrepancy between the confederation penalty effect bundle cooldown and the actual restriction for confederation"

THANKS CA. i hope is still working...
  • AppianAppian Registered Users Posts: 3
    Have they fixed the problem when Giants do not actually do anything against the gate during a siege? I have not seen this in the list.
    My download is extremely slow, I mean whole process of patching, is that normal?
  • AdmiralJelloAdmiralJello Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 528
    Surprising! I didn't expect to see a patch before the Amazons came out. Still, great to see some of these fixes -- especially the Achilles ones, everything I heard about his campaign really dissuaded me from trying him out. Maybe I actually will now.

Hoping the Amazons will show up soon!
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,387
    "Now all playable factions have unique 20-unit garrisons of late-game units while occupying the city of Troy"

Should give the battle a little more ummmph! and the sieges quests a little more meaning. Best overall improvement.
  • PartoflaPartofla Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 17
    Did they fix the supply lines?
    Is the epic client problem for a so slow update or just me?
  • mooshdotjpegmooshdotjpeg Registered Users Posts: 38
    but ranged units are still entirely op... ?
  • Wilhelm162Wilhelm162 Registered Users Posts: 1
    - UI scaling will be set to 150% when a resolution above and including 1440p is used and 130% if it is ultra-wide

Now its locked at 150% for 4K? How can i get back to 200% UI scale?
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,984
    No changes to Supply Lines? Damn.

Well, still looking forward to another campaign!

Seriously though, something really needs to be done with the Supply Lines.
  • Mels767Mels767 Registered Users Posts: 4

- UI scaling will be set to 150% when a resolution above and including 1440p is used and 130% if it is ultra-wide

This, the game is unplayable at high resolutions because UI can't be scaled past 150%

Boys if it ain't broken don't fix it

I didnt play it yet, can you explain the mechanic of supply lines and how it works here?
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,387

I didnt play it yet, can you explain the mechanic of supply lines and how it works here?
    Basically, the more hero commanders you have the more resources disappear.

It's a multi army tax that goes up as you build more armies. This tax percentage is applied to the overall cost of each army and summed all together for a final total cost of the armies. This tax is also dependent on the difficulty level.
  • robquinn95robquinn95 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Sounded like a really good patch based on the notes.. Booted up and the forced UI scaling for 4k monitors has made the game unplayable for me becaause of how small the UI is.
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 282
    well done! thank you
    next patch please work well on combat animations ...
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,984
    edited September 2020

In short, for every additional army you create after your first one, the amount of resources all of your armies cost in upkeep per turn increases by a certain percentage.

So, say for instance my first army is costing me 1000 food per turn in upkeep. Once I recruit a second army, the Supply Lines mechanic kicks in and increases that by, say, 10%. So both my first and second armies are now costing me 1100 food per turn in upkeep. The third army I recruit increases that by another 10%, so all of my armies are now costing me 1210 food per turn in upkeep. My 4th army increases it by another 10% to 1331 food, and so on and so forth. It get's really expensive, really quickly.

It wouldn't be a huge problem except it only affects the player and doesn't affect the AI factions. Combined with the income "bonuses" the AI also gets, and it very quickly snowballs into a situation where you're completely outnumbered and overwhelmed. It doesn't make the game unwinnable by any means, but it does turn it into a horrible grind.
    Thanks for the response.
  • Mels767Mels767 Registered Users Posts: 4

Sounded like a really good patch based on the notes.. Booted up and the forced UI scaling for 4k monitors has made the game unplayable for me becaause of how small the UI is.

Agree scaling is blocked at 150% even for big monitors which makes no sense at all
    Still updating...wow.
  • NaarKoNaarKo Registered Users Posts: 1
    it's impossible to play after the update for me
    4k screen same problem....
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,648
    Mels767 said:

This, the game is unplayable at high resolutions because UI can't be scaled past 150%

Boys if it ain't broken don't fix it
    It's probably defaulted to minimum not that you can't increase it. Atleast I'd hope that was the case, when I installed it with my 1440p monitor it defaulted to like 200-250%
  • tmanpro123tmanpro123 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    Achilles easy where??? Stupid update.... LOL.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 775
    Wow! They have been working hard in this patch. All these improvements in only one month is impressive.
    I can't wait for the Amazons's DLC + new patch.
  • hassyyhassyy Registered Users Posts: 5

Is the epic client problem for a so slow update or just me?

I think it's Epic store ...
  • coolskillcoolskill Registered Users Posts: 233
    edited September 2020
    Thank you for continuing to improve this game. The patch is enormous. Which is great, but also quite the file size.

Nonetheless, looking forward to more improvements. Since Troy is such a great advancement to Total War. And many fans enjoy seeing it do very well as multiplayer approaches.

So far, some legendary users have tested chariots after balancing. And still found them to be too overpowered. They're taking more damage now for sure. But still doing quite a number on enemies without much effort or losses.

Spy poison/murmur seems to be too much of a nerf. Not totally sure. Maybe 20% reduction to effect would have been fine. But it seems quite much more of a nerf to make it too insubstantial.

Thanks.
  • santsol6santsol6 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Mels767 said:

Agree scaling is blocked at 150% even for big monitors which makes no sense at all
    im having the same issue. it needs to be fixed. i cant play with it being that small
  • PhizzlePhizzle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    How do I start the game without updating? I want OP Chariots.