Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total war Luckhammer (MP)

ThePhoenixKingThePhoenixKing Registered Users Posts: 34
edited September 7 in Balancing Discussions
Really short: It's impossible to make an army with Tyrion/Eltharion that can deal with everything against Lizardmen for example.

If you have a build with one of those Lords then show it but i bet you won't find one.

Comments

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 27,092
    What are you talking about? SP? MP? What LM builds? What are your problems specifically?

• ThePhoenixKingThePhoenixKing Registered Users Posts: 34
    There is no army with Tyrion that can kill every LM army. I'm talking about Multiplayer of course.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 9,928
    Tyrion is actually one of better lord picks vs LZM and TK, ofcourse not top pick there but its definetly not a handicap.

Though i dont understand what your point is? Im sure i can make a Tyrion army and it be competative, Eutherium much less so, though ofcourse you can compete with him aswell he does however feel a bit UP.

Your post though seems more like a rant than a balance post.

There is no army with Tyrion that can kill every LM army. I'm talking about Multiplayer of course.

Good if there was it be super OP and broken match up, seems working as intended.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    This for me is the double edged sword of asymmetric balancing. You can pick an army that just can't compete with the enemy and will almost certainly lose unless you're significantly more skilled than the opponent but to be honest, this is what makes Warhammer fun and interesting for me. I love how different army builds are and how different factions have different strengths and weaknesses.
  • Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 7,317
    edited September 7

Really short: It's impossible to make an army with Tyrion/Eltharion that can deal with everything against Lizardmen for example.

If you have a build with one of those Lords then show it but i bet you won't find one.

just like it's impossible to build a good army with Karl Franz on his Griphon vs Vampire Coast... almost like different lords serve different purposes and not every lord is good in every matchup...

Vs Lizardmen I advise to try Imrik on his Dragon, Teclis on horse or Alarielle.
    mightygloin_fan_1
    Green0 said:

just like it's impossible to build a good army with Karl Franz on his Griphon vs Vampire Coast... almost like different lords serve different purposes and not every lord is good in every matchup...

Have to say i was expecting “coz they suck...something something” when i seen you replied but actually your response is spot on 100% though im sure we all can agree Eutherium is bit UP lord at least on his strom wing pet.
  • ThePhoenixKingThePhoenixKing Registered Users Posts: 34

Though i dont understand what your point is? Im sure i can make a Tyrion army and it be competative,

Well, post a sreenshot with that army then.

Green0 said:

Why would you take Tyrion if you have Teclis or Allarielle. He's never a good pick.

• Noob_for_LifeNoob_for_Life Registered Users Posts: 383

Git gud
    edited September 7

Though i dont understand what your point is? Im sure i can make a Tyrion army and it be competative,

vs Lizardmen as HE you want something to deal with infantry and something to kill large dinos. Chasing down Chameleons can also help though don't overinvest in that.

Following units are quite good vs LZ:

- Bolt Thrower (does OK vs Solar Engine and puts pressure on any LZ dino, does OK vs infantry with multi shot also)
    - Sisters of Avelorn (with Net they can kill many Dinos and late-game their melee stats are quite good. Their 36 speed means you can kite anything besides cav and Skink units)
    - Phoenix Guards (counter almost every units in LZ roster just careful with Solar Engines and Wind Blast/Rock drops)
    - Dragon Princes (do well vs most LZ units just keep them cycle charging and in particular vs Solar Engines they can run around freely since typically LZ won't have both Solar Engines and a strong cav force)
    - Silverin Guard, WL: just good frontline for most circumstances
    - Metal Mage: Plague of Rust is useful to make Dino armor come to reasonable levels
    - Dragons in isolation beat most LZ dinos. LZ typically have a bit better support but you have healing and breath attacks
    - Handmaidens are quite good vs Cold One cavalry, they can poke cav and SEMs quite well with their ranged attack and in melee they beat mid-tier cav and can do OK (not great) vs armored dinos.

Tyrion is not great in this MU but pick a combination of these units and you should still win.
    mightygloin_fan_1

Green0 said:

Why would you take Tyrion if you have Teclis or Allarielle. He's never a good pick.

Can play you if u want, i dont really need to post screenshots to show you hows its doen since not sure if you could do it, we can play it soemtime and you can see how its done.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 3,301
    High Elves - where is the love? <3
  • TexacoV2TexacoV2 Registered Users Posts: 275
    Then don't bring those lords? I don't quite see the issue?
  • CirdanCirdan Registered Users Posts: 773
    Tyrion + metalcaster with regular archers/LSG can be quite cool as well.

As for Eltharion, he is simply too expensive for what he bring overall.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 3,652

As intended.
  • SarmatiannsSarmatianns Registered Users Posts: 4,323
    You can also go with Metal archmage on eagle, White Lions, Silvering, Spearmen, LSG, Archers, Silver Helms and RoR War Lions.

That is a build that can generally deal with most of the stuff lizards can throw at you.

You can also go with Metal archmage on eagle, White Lions, Silvering, Spearmen, LSG, Archers, Silver Helms and RoR War Lions.

That is a build that can generally deal with most of the stuff lizards can throw at you.

ty for the recipe for nightmares I'm sure tonight my brain will conceive a new HE buff after the frustration of imagining such an army.
    mightygloin_fan_1
  • SarmatiannsSarmatianns Registered Users Posts: 4,323
    I imagine HE fans slowly moving around in a group, like zombies, but instead of going "... brains...", they're saying "... buffs..."
    edited September 8

I imagine HE fans slowly moving around in a group, like zombies, but instead of going "... brains...", they're saying "... buffs..."

good one, made me chuckle.
    mightygloin_fan_1
  • WazabazabaWazabazaba Registered Users Posts: 140

Eh, no worse than stunties always stroking out about not having enough auto-wins.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,539
    Recommendation for a number of folks - quoting from the Forum Terms & Conditions. Several members "should" know it quite well by now...

1) Respect:]
    1.1 Please do not disrespect any other forum users, including volunteer moderators or CA staff
    1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)

2) False Information and illegal content:
    2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful.

Any more comments denigrating various members for their personal/posted game preferences will be handled as needed.

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 5,582
    dge1 said:

1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)

2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate...//

So without posting any name, how on earth is a certain someone still not perma-banned? This is a very accurate description of what he does every single day on these forums, including fake tests, polarising users, creating fake memes and taunting reactions.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 3,301

dge1 said:

2.1 You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate...//

So without posting any name, how on earth is a certain someone still not perma-banned? This is a very accurate description of what he does every single day on these forums, including fake tests, polarising users, creating fake memes and taunting reactions.
    Because closing the thread is what accounts for permaban here. A serious punishment surely. Also there are more than one certain someones here fitting that description.