Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

extremly hard to fight against 'renonwed kopesh fighters'

juwensjuwens Registered Users Posts: 3
I'm playing the agamemnon(mycene) campaing and get overrun by lycia armies with 'renonwed kopesh fighters' which are impossible to counter at an affordable price.

I've tried several agammenon units in the 'custom battle' one-one fights or two-two.
'renonwed kopesh fighters' costs 1040 currency units.
No unit in the price range 1040 +/- 50 in the agamemnon army can beat them.

Any hints of you, how i can beat them with agamemnon?
Or is this unit just overpowered compared to the price?
Tagged:

Comments

• GoetheGoethe Registered Users Posts: 43
    Bows of Mycenae, Shielded spearmen, light skirmishers. Also club warriors for flanking. It's not just one unit but a good combination and manouver. But those bowmen are fantastic, I can't even route them with my lycian chariots.
  • GoetheGoethe Registered Users Posts: 43
    Harpies should work too
  • KaosfyreKaosfyre Registered Users Posts: 29
    I think they lose a 1v1 matchup against armoured swordsmen. The latter are a tad more expensive though. Theyre your best bet unless your enemy is fielding lots of spears.
  • juwensjuwens Registered Users Posts: 3
    thanks for your hints, will try them :)
  • coolskillcoolskill Registered Users Posts: 233
    Yes major hint for Aga - he is a very unique playstyle that is very heavily diplomacy based. You can get so much accomplished with Aga in particular, from early on in diplomacies. Things you're describing won't be a major problem for him. You're questions are geared towards how you can fight with Aga. OK, but nothing mentioned on how your allies are helping you.

Really good info here on how well Agamemnon can be used:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/ijx1b2/basic_starter_information_on_how_to_use_the_power

I'll PM you another link for really great description on how to approach this game in general that will make a huge difference for your campaigns.
  • juwensjuwens Registered Users Posts: 3
    coolskill said:

Yes major hint for Aga - he is a very unique playstyle that is very heavily diplomacy based. You can get so much accomplished with Aga in particular, from early on in diplomacies. Things you're describing won't be a major problem for him. You're questions are geared towards how you can fight with Aga. OK, but nothing mentioned on how your allies are helping you.

Really good info here on how well Agamemnon can be used:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/ijx1b2/basic_starter_information_on_how_to_use_the_power

I'll PM you another link for really great description on how to approach this game in general that will make a huge difference for your campaigns.

Thanks. That's an interesting point you've mentioning.
    Also nice reddit post.
    That sounds familiar 😅
    This campaign can very easily turn into a major struggle without the right approach