Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Helmets for the Silverin Guard. CA promised to fix it.

AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 1,705
CA promised to give them helmets, I have not forgotten, and decided to try to remind them on reddit, but I'm afraid they won't hear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/gjxed2/ca_please_add_a_helmet_to_the_silverin_guard/fqp7tnd/?context=3

Tagged:

Comments

• Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 493
    Yeah helmets do look better on something that's supposed to be an elite spearman unit.
  • Wardaddy016Wardaddy016 Registered Users Posts: 76
    Glad you brought this back up to the surface. I’m sure they haven’t forgotten but it’s a nice reminder.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,934
    That seems like it would be primed to either be forgotten or coming first in the next patch.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,990
    I would say they only patch a DLC when you buy the next DLC... except... the last few DLC they just haven't really patched very much at all.

Greenskins are still in a world of muck, too. But soon we'll have wood elves and GS will have to wait another 4 years to have their new bugs fixed.

It's really wearing on me the last year or so. This is a sharp decline in quality :(
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,190
    Qwerty55 said:

Yeah helmets do look better on something that's supposed to be an elite spearman unit.

I hate helmetless elite units in general. I always mod out bald heads from warriors of chaos and longbeards as well.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,566
    CA promised nothing in your reddit shot.
    They said they are aware of the complaints. That means literally "Maybe, if we are bored some day in 2025, we think about it again".

-----Red Dox
  • mightygloinmightygloin Registered Users Posts: 3,039
    Red_Dox said:

They said they are aware of the complaints. That means literally "Maybe, if we are bored some day in 2025, we think about it again".

-----Red Dox

A change to this "will" appear in next patch sounds like a promise to me. But wouldn't be surprising if it doesn't happen either.
  • AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 1,705

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

A change to this "will" appear in next patch sounds like a promise to me. But wouldn't be surprising if it doesn't happen either.
    The trick is that after that there was already one patch.

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,566
    edited September 14

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

No, read the whole thing in context and you should see that something is amiss there. Or maybe, since I am not a english native, the problem is on my side. But here, this is how it is imo supposed to sound. I switched only the single word you take as the lynchpin, so it will fit to the beginning and the end of the otherwise unchanged message.

"Unfortunately, we have hit a point in the schedule where a change to this can't appear in the next patch (as we are fairly close to release and the build has been finalised)."

So, back to CAs suggestion box?

------Red Dox
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    What I imagine has happened is it has been raised as an issue with a target release of the next patch (which will be the DLC patch). Whether any work happens on it and whether it makes the patch depends on how well everything else is going but its entirely possible nothing has moved on it so far.

While I think a helmet would be better - overall It's not really a big deal is it?
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,587
    Really hope they add them. Something between normal Spearmen and Phoenix Guard. Personally I would be happy with just standard Spearmen helms. Their current look and that of most of the Mistwalkers they all look like archer clones.

What I imagine has happened is it has been raised as an issue with a target release of the next patch (which will be the DLC patch). Whether any work happens on it and whether it makes the patch depends on how well everything else is going but its entirely possible nothing has moved on it so far.

While I think a helmet would be better - overall It's not really a big deal is it?

No, this is important.

• kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 699
    I understood it as a truthful response about developer looking into it, not just pr evasion, especially since it was responded in relatively small reddit thread and there was no major community clamor like with other issues ( Knights of Morr, Lumberjacks of Sartosa).

Giving them a helmet ( hopefully new model) would fit the lore of Silverin Guard, unit type of heavy front-line spears with ancient enchanted armor in fight against deamons, would look great, and melee spearmen should always wear:

I personally use mod on Steam for their appearance for melee variants and keeping vanilla look for ranged Mistwalker units.

Azurian said:

No, this is important.
    It's really not.... It's not even an official army book unit; it was taken from an end times supplement and its image was literally just a picture of a generic high elf spearman. I agree it would look nicer with a helmet but this is really low tier stuff...
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,970
    edited September 14
    Nuts n Boltz was almost certainly not planned. The next patch they're on about is likely to be the one with the WE DLC.

I really don't think the Silverin Guard are a priority in the looks department. More pointy helmets is not something I want from the roster, they need a greater variety, not only in that but in models themselves. The Elves are the worst for having entire units of the exact same person.

Personally I'm still more bothered by Orion, DE horses, Damsels, Witch Elves, Stone Trolls, HE Rangers being Shadow Walkers with archer heads and Black Ark Corsair animations, Har Ganeth Executioners and Sisters having half a mask/bald heads, DE Sorcerer heroes having zero clothes and looking silly in multiple ways because of it, Knights of Morr (nice that they tried but it's the infantry Morr units that have the skulls and now the unit is all the same guy. They might as well have just painted the Blazing Sun models black and changed their shields).

The aforementioned problem where most elf units are the same person.

Then there's the fact all game 1 stuff is low-res, portholes are still broken, game 1 lighting is still broken in alot of maps, lots of characters don't actually grip their weapons/Staffs.

Faction colours are also way too samey or came out really bad. Avelorn and Knights of Caledor are both like neon Christmas Elves. Argwylon, Wydrioth and Talsyn are all a very similar shade of green, when the WE's have a large pallet to go between. Morathi, Malekith and Malus are all a varying shade of pink or purple. Wissenland looks almost exactly the same as Reikland even though Nuln is famous for its black attire. Im not sure CA understand the power a simple faction colour or unit banner can have (especially in Warhammer of all things) it can have a massive affect on the players feelings for a faction and minute-to-minute interaction with the UI. It's so powerful that I often go out of my way to find or wait for a mod that allows me to change X faction to Y colour or lets me unlock a generic faction just for their colour pallet (Bleak Holds green is amazing on the Druchii!).

And that's just models, not even getting into glitches, balance, tweaks, animations, etc.

Point being: there's a mountain of stuff CA could be putting effort into fixing. Silverin Guard look nice, maybe not for what that particular unit is meant to be, but there are other, bigger offenders (though almost every mistwalker unit looks exactly the same, so I'd advocate to fix all of them, not just the Silverin).
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 1,686
    CA_Duck said:

Azurian said:

CA promised to give them helmets, I have not forgotten, and decided to try to remind them on reddit, but I'm afraid they won't hear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/gjxed2/ca_please_add_a_helmet_to_the_silverin_guard/fqp7tnd/?context=3

It's not forgotten. ;)
    The hype is real!

Personally I'm still more bothered by...Damsels...

This is the greatest problem. Damsels. NOTHING ELSE.
    I don't know whether they had absolutely no creative liberty in WH1 but they pretty much straight up copied old outdated 1990s metal models of damsels and somehow added them to the game. Damsels are meant to be some of the most beautiful women of Bretonnia, not middle aged Disney step-mothers.

Totally unplayable, how can one play as Bretonnia and not be able to simp for damsels. CA just needs to do a DLC sized update and mega fix of all kinds of visual problems of WH 1 and 2.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,347
    Qwerty55 said:

I don't know whether they had absolutely no creative liberty in WH1 but they pretty much straight up copied old outdated 1990s metal models of damsels and somehow added them to the game. Damsels are meant to be some of the most beautiful women of Bretonnia, not middle aged Disney step-mothers.

Totally unplayable, how can one play as Bretonnia and not be able to simp for damsels. CA just needs to do a DLC sized update and mega fix of all kinds of visual problems of WH 1 and 2.
    Yeah, buddy, those are the prophetesses, not the damsels, even says so on the picture.

I gotta say overall I don't wan't CA to spend time on cosmetic changes right now. Why do you ask? Because we are still on warhammer 2; and when we get to warhammer 3 everything will need to be ported over and no doubt there will be lightning and other aesthetic issues that crop up once more. I'd love a full visual QOL pass- but not yet. get Warhammer 3 up and running, get the Immortal empires up and running and THEN do the pass.

I gotta say overall I don't wan't CA to spend time on cosmetic changes right now. Why do you ask? Because we are still on warhammer 2; and when we get to warhammer 3 everything will need to be ported over and no doubt there will be lightning and other aesthetic issues that crop up once more. I'd love a full visual QOL pass- but not yet. get Warhammer 3 up and running, get the Immortal empires up and running and THEN do the pass.

A spear helmet is not something that takes a ton of resources, don't worry.

By the way, Grace also answered reddit) hurray, there are helmets.

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,285
    CA_Duck said:

Azurian said:

It's not forgotten. ;)
    What about Nakai ? Grace talked about changes for him a year ago and we haven't seen any yet.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/d30zmz/concerns_about_nakai_so_far/f003ik4/?context=3
    Azurian said:

By the way, Grace also answered reddit) hurray, there are helmets.

Heroic Victory!
    neodeinos said:

CA_Duck said:

Azurian said:

It's not forgotten. ;)
    What about Nakai ? Grace talked about changes for him a year ago and we haven't seen any yet.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/d30zmz/concerns_about_nakai_so_far/f003ik4/?context=3
    Didn’t CA mention something about changing Blacktoof’s portrait also?
    edited September 14

neodeinos said:

CA_Duck said:

Azurian said:

It's not forgotten. ;)
    They already did - there was something very clearly wrong with the original. It looked like the artist that drew it was probably not very familiar with Warhammer. Suffice to say it looked like a Warcraft or TES orc, however upon release it had already been changed.

New One

Qwerty55 said:

Yeah, buddy, those are the prophetesses, not the damsels, even says so on the picture.
    Sure if want to be pedantic. However both are still incredibly ugly and in dire need of an update

neodeinos said:

CA_Duck said:

Azurian said:

It's not forgotten. ;)
    They already did - there was something very clearly wrong with the original. It looked like the artist that drew it was probably not very familiar with Warhammer. Suffice to say it looked like a Warcraft or TES orc, however upon release it had already been changed.

New One

Oh excellent! Thank you kindly for that. Shows when the last time I played Greenskins was lol.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,325
    If only the Stone Trolls could get the same love.

Its just sad at this point.