Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is Markus Wulfhart an elitist?

WatwatWatwat Registered Users Posts: 52
In Lord selection screen for campaign, when you click Markus Wulfhart, he would say "Elites, gather!". Is he an elitist? I know huntsmen are supposed to be very good at bows, making them an elite in comparison to regular archers. But in that case, he would've just said, "Huntsmen, gather!". This would also be more catchy, but instead he specifically said 'elites', so there are probably non-huntsmen elites that he is calling.

Comments

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 1,946

...Well there's fifteen seconds of my life completely wasted reading this.

...how will we get it back? 😢
  • Giveaway412Giveaway412 Registered Users Posts: 331
    Have you ever had a dream that that you um you had you'd you would you could you'd do you wi you wants you you could do so you you'd do you could you you want you want him to do you so much you could do anything?
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,934
    Sure it isn't 'ejeets gather'?
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • GallowmereWarlockGallowmereWarlock Registered Users Posts: 281
    He's so elitist that he can only recruit basic state troops
    <3
  • DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936
    so elitest his lore revolves around him not caring about status or anything except killing monsters
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,168
    ROMOBOY said:

Through gratuitous force.

*Starts wrestling with a clock*
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,636
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 427
    I feel like I just lost what precious few braincells I have left.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Elites is in reference to the badass men of the Empire that signed up to go campaigning in distant Lustria. Nothing more.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,482
    He better be. Lustria is hell. In Chaos Wastes at least you have a chance to meet diazmonettes and sing in their choir. Or become a living instrument.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,201
    For a totally different take on it, he could be asking for an audience or something to make a spectacle.

Stereotypically lots of nobles fancied themselves as skilled hunters, liked going on safaris, etc., but required some sort of guide or somebody who actually knew what they were doing to lead it.

With him being the huntsmarshal, ^^that could very well be a regular part of his job. So maybe the line is more about him showing off to a crowd as he’s about to make a skilled shot/kill. And/or disdaining the frilly nobles who imagine themselves his equal at hunting, rather than him being an elitist nobility wise.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,131
    edited September 18
    I actually consider huntsmen a superior choice to most, if not all, Empire ranged infantry. The only thing that outclasses them is Handgunners in armor piercing. So to me, he is, in fact, calling in the elites.

Otherwise you could say he's calling in the elite hunters. Which could mean the Lustria four.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,131
    edited September 18
    ROMOBOY said:

We take Commander Farsight's sword, the Dawnblade, iirc, and stab OP with it. Thus we make OP pay for wasting our time by literally taking his time for ourselves.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,227
    Crossil said:

I actually consider huntsmen a superior choice to most, if not all, Empire ranged infantry. The only thing that outclasses them is Handgunners in armor piercing. So to me, he is, in fact, calling in the elites.

Otherwise you could say he's calling in the elite hunters. Which could mean the Lustria four.

I haven't tested it, but I wonder if Huntsmen can kill large targets faster than Handgunners due to their bonus vs large.
  • DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936

Crossil said:

I haven't tested it, but I wonder if Huntsmen can kill large targets faster than Handgunners due to their bonus vs large.
    take into consideration the arrows can be done by fast large targets, but a gun really only by chance