Chariot characters can often be overlooked when it comes to balancing due to bad stats but after playing both as and against him, I gotta ask, is he truly balanced? I don't have a definitive opinion other than the impression that he has a VERY rich kit.
- improved chariot animations that allow his chariot to feel more "killy" (this in a game where most chariots are getting progressively nerfed to be reasonable).
- an ability that lasts 30s and gives +5 MD, +4 LD and ItP in a medium AoE
- a 20s active ability that gives +16 LD, +24 MA and +30% weapon damage (essentially it's a better version of "Fight or Die" from Norsca for SAME price, in particular it's 2 extra seconds and a further +30% weapon damage on top of what Norsca has.
- an item that gives him +40 MA and +44% ward save for 30s with 120s cooldown.
- Axe of Grom let's not talk about it in this discussion, it's generally not worthwhile to pick it.
Grom alone naked is 1500g, with a decent kit (both abilities and the Banner - though you can skip the "Stand or Die" one many times) is 2036g.
Is this too good?
I ask because I see people often run him in front of a whole army and use his Regeneration + Lucky Banner to evade... any engagement really. I'm thinking if I was to do that with say Boris, I could get punished. Grom seems to always escape.