Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which Dwarf Legendary Lord do you want to see next ?

KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 459
edited September 23 in General Discussion
Here is a poll for the 3 most realistic ones who could make it into the game

https://www.strawpoll.me/20987300

Comments

• Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,466
    Thorek I say. Dwarf need proper run system.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 1,686
    Yep. I second Thorek for that Rune system
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 459
    Ares354 said:

Thorek I say. Dwarf need proper run system.

I wholeheartedly agree on the rune system for dwarfs, it's hilarious that orcs basically have one but dwarfs don't, but I have to go with Malakai and his slayer boyos and inventions plus he is a great character in the books.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    Malakai of course what a question...

Thorek would also be cool but he is rather meh compared to Malakai the Chad. Could also be FLC...

Just give me the Thunderbarge and Doomseekers CA!
    ArneSo said:

Thorek would also be cool but he is rather meh compared to Malakai the Chad. Could also be FLC...

Malakai has so much to add that he would never be a flc. He would be a lord pack all the way I think.

ArneSo said:

Malakai has so much to add that he would never be a flc. He would be a lord pack all the way I think.
    Seeing as how Skaven and Dark Elves seem likely to get a third LP I could see both Thorek and Malaki getting one.
    Throek for Rune based units (pls no Shard Dragon), a Runelord LL and a rune system rework.
    Malakai for Slayer cult stuff and hopefully a rework to Giant Slayers and Ungrim so their not trash.
    My ideal (and expectation) is a third with Grimm Burloksson for an Engineer LL and engineer based units as well with reworks to Master Engineers and Gyrobombers.

ArneSo said:

Seeing as how Skaven and Dark Elves seem likely to get a third LP I could see both Thorek and Malaki getting one.
    Throek for Rune based units (pls no Shard Dragon), a Runelord LL and a rune system rework.
    Malakai for Slayer cult stuff and hopefully a rework to Giant Slayers and Ungrim so their not trash.
    My ideal (and expectation) is a third with Grimm Burloksson for an Engineer LL and engineer based units as well with reworks to Master Engineers and Gyrobombers.
    I agree, both should get a LP.

Malakai vs Chaos Dwarfs
    Thorek vs Ogres

ArneSo said:

Yes even if it’s just for the Thunderbarge which is one of the most demanded units of the game.

He could also get so amazing mechanics. One of the LPs I’m mostly looking forward to next to Neferata and Oxyotl
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Malakai vs Chaos Dwarfs
    Thorek vs Ogres
    Wrong.

Thorek as one of the last Dwarf who support old ways should fight CD
    Malakai(if must, i dont like him) should fight Ogres
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 495
    Would rather have King Kazador Thunderhorn than Grimm, Despite being a named character with a modern model Grimm Burloksson has always seemed rather unimportant in Warhammer.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Malakai vs Chaos Dwarfs
    Thorek vs Ogres
    Makes far more sense the other way around. Runecrafting VS Daemon engineering and a Slayer VS the Monstrous Infantry Race.
    Qwerty55 said:

Would rather have King Kazador Thunderhorn than Grimm, Despite being a named character with a modern model Grimm Burloksson has always seemed rather unimportant in Warhammer.

Kazador should be main enemy of Gorfang Rotgut, both of them shoudl be added in game 3, with Gorfang coming with most needed, Orcs focused dlc.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,473
    I really like Malakai.

But i want the anvil of doom to be reworked to deal damage and be more interesting. I also want runes for units and war machines. So i voted Thorek/kragg

But if i can get the gameplay changes i want any LL is fine really (though id favour malakai and thorek)
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,473
    I want the next to be a good hybrid (both melee and casting/ranged) so malakai or thorek.

While a dwarf workshop would be cool and go well with malakai (id love it!) I want a rune and anvil rework first.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 364
    I'd prefer Thorek (and a rune system based on the Greenskins' scrap system), but I think Malakai has more to offer in a potential DLC including Thunderbarges, Goblin-Hewers, Daemon Slayer Lords and Dragon Slayer Heroes.
  • MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,358
    edited September 23
    I want Grim and Bugman as a hero, I don't need a themed addition of units or runes.

Dwarfs don't have a range Legendary Lord yet and some more buffing of their ranged, short ranged, artillery and flying units would be excellent gameplay wise, combine that with some new air units, shard dragons etc. and its good for me.
    Would be nice if he could go on a flying mount though :smiley:

We already have a Slayer king and a second pack i would favor Thorek for rune based units, runelord and a new rune crafting system.
    Malakai would fit better in part three with Bugman.
    Post edited by Marker on

ArneSo said:

Malakai vs Chaos Dwarfs
    Thorek vs Ogres
    Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Malakai vs Chaos Dwarfs
    Thorek vs Ogres
    Wrong.

Thorek as one of the last Dwarf who support old ways should fight CD
    Malakai(if must, i dont like him) should fight Ogres

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Malakai vs Chaos Dwarfs
    Thorek vs Ogres
    Makes far more sense the other way around. Runecrafting VS Daemon engineering and a Slayer VS the Monstrous Infantry Race.
    Malakai actually did an expedition to Karak Dum so he should start in the Dark Lands amd fits perfectly against the Chaos Dwarfs.

Thorek could travel to the MoM to find some old Rune Forge or whatever.

DoC should get crossovers against Aislinn, Oxyotl and maybe the Empire.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Malakai is my favorite dwarf character. I prefer him for second lord pack. B)

I think Dwarfs will get these legendary lords in the future:
    1. Malakai with own lord pack focus to missing slayers stuff from Storm of Chaos list and Thunderbarge.
    2. Thorek with own lord pack focus to stuff like Rune Golem, Rune Guardians and Dwarf Ranger lord with crossbow(generic Rune lord is already in the game).
    3. Grimm Burloksson as FLC legendary lord for Zhufbar faction. Playable only in Mortal Empire campaign.
    4. Josef Bugman with crossbow as FLC legendary lord in White Dwarf promotion. Playable only in Mortal Empire campaign.
    Malakai and Thorek have biggest potencial for lord pack. Also, they are fan favorite characters. It will be easy for CA to sell them in lord packs.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Liu Chong and He Yi should be playable in 194.
    ArneSo said:

Malakai actually did an expedition to Karak Dum so he should start in the Dark Lands amd fits perfectly against the Chaos Dwarfs.

How so? His theme is Slayers. Slayers kill monsters. Ogres are an all Monster race.
    ArneSo said:

Thorek could travel to the MoM to find some old Rune Forge or whatever.

Or Malakai could lead an expedition as you just said he did. Slayers against Dawi Zharr kinda goes against the point of Dwarfs VS Chaos Dwarfs as Slayers are already dishonourable by virtue of being Slayers so in that sense their barely any different from Chaos Dwarfs.
    Thorek is an actual big name Dwarf also so him being the first to establish contact/war with the Chaos Dwarfs would be far more poignant then some random outcast.

• roekkumroekkum Registered Users Posts: 149
    I would like all the suggestions, but voted Thorek. I wonder how Malakai with a slayer focus will differ from Ungrim, and if he's an engineer lord how he's a more fitting choice than Burloksson? And would Malakai work better as a hero, since he's a companion of Gotrek and Felix? I missed Josef Bugman in the poll, he seems like a jolly fellow.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,378
    Malakai Makaisson. The Slayer engineer and the possible accompanied units are awesome.
  • Darthplagueis13Darthplagueis13 Registered Users Posts: 175
    Neither of those three. I'd vote for Josef Bugman.

And honestly, I'd consider the odds for Bugman to be considerably better than the three you've put up for the vote (though granted, they might pull another Grombrindal with him and not give him a faction of his own or even make him a hero instead of a lord).

And honestly, I'd consider the odds for Bugman to be considerably better than the three you've put up for the vote (though granted, they might pull another Grombrindal with him and not give him a faction of his own or even make him a hero instead of a lord).

Betting real IRL money that Bugman is a White Dwarf LL for game III. This is why.

• Darthplagueis13Darthplagueis13 Registered Users Posts: 175
    Ares354 said:

Kazador should be main enemy of Gorfang Rotgut, both of them shoudl be added in game 3, with Gorfang coming with most needed, Orcs focused dlc.

The issue I see with that is that they'd have to shift around a lot of Greenskin starting locations for Gorfang to be a thing. I mean, they can't have Gorfang and not give him Black Rock, but if they do give him Black Rock, what are they gonna do with Grimgor?
    I think for that to works without the region becoming way too crowded with LLs, they'd have to rework the Badlands as a whole to include more locations (should they ever actually do that, I really hope Iron Rock gets some love. "The most formidable Greenskin fortress in the Old World" that Greenskins have held for 800 years against all dwarfen attempts to get it back is just a pathetic little minor settlement with a Black Iron minde that tends to change ownership every five turns because it's really hard to defend, that's just wrong on so many levels).
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,970
    Malakai on the condition that his campaign be based around rescuing Karag Dum from Chaos and protecting the Norse Dwarfs.

Also, CA said they wanted to make the Black Pyramid an actual flying settlement that moved around the map, but ran out of dev time.

There are a fair few things that could be made into flying settlements were CA to revisit the Idea, one of those things is a Thunderbarge.

Malakai could have a flying settlement attached to his army, his very own "Spirit of Grungni" which ferried forces to Karag Dum in the Book.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,328
    Malakai Makaisson aka Warhammer Rambo

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,970
    @Darthplagueis13

was bugman even a Lord choice to begin with? I thought he was a Hero/unit leader most of the time?
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,137
    I'm quite happy not playing the ones we've got already :)
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

We already got Bugman's stand out units in rangers and Bugman's rangers, He will be a flc with maybe a brewmaster attached at the most.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,483
    edited September 23
    Grimm for me as a solid engineer long-range, high def LL and Malakai could perhaps be a unit alongside him or as a flc LL with him, but I also think Bugman stands a good chance off being made a LL and I'd really enjoy that, having a brewmaster mechanic
    Post edited by Timpeyo on