Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

THREE KINGDOMS Patch 1.6.1 Beta

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 438
Patch 1.6.1 for THREE KINGDOMS is now in beta!

This gives the Nanman extra satisfaction bonuses, fixed an issue where some Nanman generals were not showing their weapons, fixes an issue with autoresolve, and much more.

Check out the full patch notes and instructions on how to opt in here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-patch-1-6-1/

Comments

• AgeDownLuBuplsAgeDownLuBupls Registered Users Posts: 43
    Treachey bug fix? Nice!!!
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,258
    edited September 24
    Looks like a solid patch at first glance. Will have to see how it holds up.

One thing I'm wondering about :
    Nanman now have extra bonuses to satisfaction
    - Each major fealty gives +5 satisfaction to all characters
    - Centralised Administration and Tribal Council reforms give +5 satisfaction to all characters
    - Diplomatic Authority reform gives +10 satisfaction to all characters

Wouldn't making the Tribal council members effects factionwide (a bit like the Emperor council) be a better solution for this ? (Or would it just make it into a giant snowball with the other effects such as Trade Influence and the such ?)

Also I don't see any mention of a fix for the caltrops speed penalty applying to regular terrain ? (It's there)

+ Could I get CA stance on this : https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/273112/starting-every-battle-as-tired-in-nanman-territory-as-a-han-makes-playing-battles-un-enjoyable (It's a difficult topic as it pertains to the mechanics of the Nanmans and the Hans and how they interact together but I think it's a discussion to have)
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,870
    So CA "fixed" the treachery bug (again) for the, how many?th time...

What about this? Why is surrender faction missing from the current game? Any fix on this? It's been missing for months now just like "demand abdication" and "confederate" was missing from the game. Please fix this.

• CA_OtherTomCA_OtherTom Registered Users, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 379
    Rewan said:

Also I don't see any mention of a fix for the caltrops speed penalty applying to regular terrain ?

It's a bit buried in the patch notes.
    "Fixed issue where some siege maps had the caltrop ground type covering most of the ground"

:)
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,258
    edited September 24

Rewan said:

Also I don't see any mention of a fix for the caltrops speed penalty applying to regular terrain ?

It's a bit buried in the patch notes.
    "Fixed issue where some siege maps had the caltrop ground type covering most of the ground"

:)
    Ah must have missed it, sorry and thanks.
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 224
    edited September 24
    Guys you have to do something about the maps of the game, which with the latest update all have a strange and unreal fog that makes them too dark...

• Avenger237Avenger237 Registered Users Posts: 244
    Nice initial fixes but what about the bug that causes you to lose ancillaries frequently when unequipping them as Nanman?
  • JerroserJerroser Registered Users Posts: 405
    Nice to see that there are no more penalties for armies crossing water to prevent them simply sailing around gatepass but one thing I'm a little concerned about is that it will just mean the AI will more often destroy their own armies by leaving them on the river too long rather than attempting to force their way through a gate more often. Unless the supply cost associated with attacking a target is already factored in to their decision making to some extent.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,335
    toskyrun said:

Guys you have to do something about the maps of the game, which with the latest update all have a strange and unreal fog that makes them too dark...

Hmm, colorless fog covering the land? We must be in Boletaria! CA is celebrating the upcoming launch of the Demon's Souls remake!

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,349
    Yeeeesssss! Then I can finally start my second Nanman Campaign as Emperor Shamoke
  • Ostubaf_CattoOstubaf_Catto Registered Users Posts: 138
    Thank you, CA. This is highly appreciated. Now, I am looking forward to the patch that will address Gate/Pass
    • 2nd army passing through gates
    • the sieging army can attack reinforcing army across the gate if they are close enough.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,719
    Thanks! No fix for the court menu? Menu is unreadable when assigning characters to specific court positions and bonuses aren’t shown correctly when assigning characters.
    -30 supplies on river tiles, thank you, that's something I suggested a while ago. Please make supplies a much bigger factor in game in general!

• caocaothedecievercaocaothedeciever Registered Users Posts: 137
    Looks great so far, just a quick question; are gate passes still avoidable?
  • shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 472
    edited September 24
    toskyrun said:

yeah,
    this effect in not a lovely Chinese tea
  • shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 472
    edited September 24
    Jerroser said:

Nice to see that there are no more penalties for armies crossing water to prevent them simply sailing around gatepass but one thing I'm a little concerned about is that it will just mean the AI will more often destroy their own armies by leaving them on the river too long rather than attempting to force their way through a gate more often. Unless the supply cost associated with attacking a target is already factored in to their decision making to some extent.

i feel this gonna mess something up
    i see the ai using river all the time, this will change the approach of the campaign movement 100%
    i think it will be harder for the ai to reach u, the campaign will be easier i guess
  • Ostubaf_CattoOstubaf_Catto Registered Users Posts: 138
    @CA_James, Will there be follow up patch after this? There are still a lot of bugs that need to be fixed.
    • Mercenary Contracts
    • 2nd Army Passing through Gates
    • Diaochan doesn't skill in Romance mode. etc.
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 485
    Fix Yuan Shao's vassal swarm. You fixed this a year ago and now you broke it again. It's unacceptable, stop re-introducing bugs which you fixed a year ago.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 441
    Literally every bug I encountered has been fixed. Great job! I'm sure there are still more bugs left but I haven't been having problems with those so this should be ok. Keep up the great work.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Medieval 2
    4. Thrones of Britannia
    5. Warhammer 2
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2

Fix Yuan Shao's vassal swarm. You fixed this a year ago and now you broke it again. It's unacceptable, stop re-introducing bugs which you fixed a year ago.

I didn't encounter the vassal swarm even before the fix.

Literally every bug I encountered has been fixed. Great job! I'm sure there are still more bugs left but I haven't been having problems with those so this should be ok. Keep up the great work.

LESAMA said:

Thanks! No fix for the court menu? Menu is unreadable when assigning characters to specific court positions and bonuses aren’t shown correctly when assigning characters.

Yuan Shang gives + unit starting rank but this isn't shown in the court menu when selecting a character. In the vanille build this was the case.
    Melee troops still can't attack barricades, they still stop several meters in front of them and do nothing.

• Prkl8rPrkl8r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 771
    edited September 24
    I don't see anything about Lady Zhurong getting the fire mace that Dailai has. It seemed like a bug considering he's not really setup as a "fire" damage character and seems intended as a "water" strategist instead.

Did this do anything to change that?
    Post edited by Prkl8r on
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,344
    Great patch! Though gates still need to change. They really need to be able to block whatever river they are along and prevent armies from moving through them if they are besieged.

Court menu character relations still don't match
  • PartoflaPartofla Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 14
    Have the quest bugs been fixed for AWB?
  • kk107kk107 Registered Users Posts: 104
    The yuan Shang heir/prime minister traits shouldn't apply non that row until it's changed in emperor ship
    edited September 24
    kk107 said:

The yuan Shang heir/prime minister traits shouldn't apply non that row until it's changed in emperor ship

Yeah true, will check it out once emperor. It wasn’t working in the last version.
  • stranger_dangerstranger_danger Registered Users Posts: 9
    Did they fix the Shu-Han Tax collection to get new stats for the 182 CE Start? Can’t see it in the patch notes...
  • jazz90jazz90 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 31
    The grey and black-square banners for rebels/looters and generic nanman factions are still there. It's not only me right?