Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Amazons Issues - please read

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Hi all, just wanted to make a quick thread so everyone can see.

First off, I am very sorry about the issues we're having. The good thing is that this offer lasts for two weeks, so even if you can't claim or play them now, you won't miss out on the free DLC.

The issue with the Access internal server error is one we were investigating but haven't solved. We're still looking into it - I'm hoping it'll be fixed tomorrow/is a server issue but I'm not an expert so can't guarantee. I will update when I know more.

The second is the issue I know a lot of you are experiencing with the Epic store making you unable to play Amazons and for some of you who already could, also making you unable to do so. I have no idea what this is! I only saw it just now from your threads and I've emailed the relevant people at CA in the hopes that they know more or can find out more.

I am very sorry about these issues. Hopefully we can get them resolved tomorrow.

The above issues should now be resolved. If you're still experiencing issues, please contact SEGA support who should be able to help: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• PixeldiktatorPixeldiktator Registered Users Posts: 160
    Just for everyone out there: I just redeemed the code 2 min ago, first time it gave me the internal server error, but after the second try everything worked fine, so if you really wanna play you might wanna give it a second shot
  • ElrondsbyElrondsby Registered Users Posts: 2
    I uninstalled/disabled the add-on in Epic Games Store and re-installed it and now it seems to be working.
  • EltirEltir Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hi,

It looks like that an engineer have made a sneacky update, the DLC activation patch was 203 meg, after deactivate the dlc and reactivate it, it will download 209 meg. A sneacky 6 megs that let me play the Amazon now.

Hope that it solve definitely the problem. finger crossed ;)
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 404

Just get home hoping to play with the amazons and then this...fortunately i can play 3K or warhammer...
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 825
    Grace_CA said:

The second is the issue I know a lot of you are experiencing with the Epic store making you unable to play Amazons and for some of you who already could, also making you unable to do so. I have no idea what this is!

That's why I hate computers. Everything seems fine...but they have a will of their own.

• AshantaiAshantai Registered Users Posts: 89
    Worked for me 2nd try. I think making sure the Amazon update is 209mb is key, it seems to work then.
  • TicladesignTicladesign Registered Users Posts: 96
    The Second issue (Epic games launcher not seeing the dlc while it is redeemed and installed) Can be fixed by Deactivating and reactivating the DLC in the epic games launcher. Then launch the game again.

Don't ask me why, it just works. >.<
  • baricus2020baricus2020 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Today I encountered another issue. After obtaining my free Amazons DLC code from the Total War site, I clicked the direct link to Epic Games. Entered the code on the Epic Games site and it said it was invalid. Tried again and now I get a message that my code was already used! Obviously by me! Contacted Epic Games customer support and they were useless, trying to say it was not their problem but a third party site issue. I call "BS" as it was a direct link from the Total War site to Epic Games.

Bottom line here is that now I am out my free DLC as my code will no longer work! Grrrrr!

Hopefully someone reading this can suggest a solution.
  • martinyoungwarmartinyoungwar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    Baricus2020, same thing happened to me. My DLC code is also flagged as invalid. Clearly there is an issue between Total War and Epic which they have not resolved. I sure would like to have the Amazons.

As you said, I hope someone reads this and can suggest a solution.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,162
    Elrondsby said:

I uninstalled/disabled the add-on in Epic Games Store and re-installed it and now it seems to be working.

A number of people have reported this process as solving their problem getting the DLC running.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• DariosDarios Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 534
    I eventually managed to get my code, took a while but the best thing I can say is, as with most IT related issues, sometimes the best fix is to simply keep clicking on stuff.

I was able to activate the code in Epic and start a new campaign in Troy without any problems.

Hope that everyone eventually gets their respective issues resolved!
  • littlefeilittlefei Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 30
    Hi I have disable and enable the DLC 10 times. still getting 203MB DLC, and no able to play the amazon DLC.
    I have uninstall the whole game and reinstall it. no working.
    pending for solution.
  • littlefeilittlefei Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 30
    update: I actually uninstalled the epic launcher and delete everything as much as possible.

download epic, install it, install troy, and still, in game asked me to go to epic store.