Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I made an overhaul mod for Troy!

xInquisitor196IxxInquisitor196Ix Registered Users Posts: 6
Hello all!

I mod total war games since 2005 and Rome Total War 1. I like to balance the game to my liking, making it somewhat harder in some aspects, and more real in other aspects. After 10 years this is first time I actually decided to upload something of my work :D So if you like the way I play, please tell me in mod comments! <3

https://www.nexusmods.com/totalwarsagatroy/mods/57
Tagged:

Comments

• hopefulveilhopefulveil Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 92
    Cheers! It's lovely to see mods appearing for this title as well as the one you did for Three Kingdoms. I generally don't play mods until I've at least tried out each faction at least once. So I'll be checking out your mod probably in about 5 months(given my current amount of free time).

I'm quite intrigued by how you established the parameters for traits. I get the percentage based progression for the tech tree but how did you determine which traits had higher/lower percentage outcomes relative to how traits are given?

In any case, thank you for what you do!
  • mooshdotjpegmooshdotjpeg Registered Users Posts: 38
    This looks interesting, I hope once full mod support comes out people will really be able to customize the game to their liking. Especially am interested in the way you have reworked missiles, I think it's a pretty good trade off. I can't tell from your mod page, are all the units still the same? I take it this doesn't change any graphical look?

I'll be interested in trying this out soon :)
  • xInquisitor196IxxInquisitor196Ix Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited September 2020

Cheers! It's lovely to see mods appearing for this title as well as the one you did for Three Kingdoms. I generally don't play mods until I've at least tried out each faction at least once. So I'll be checking out your mod probably in about 5 months(given my current amount of free time).

I'm quite intrigued by how you established the parameters for traits. I get the percentage based progression for the tech tree but how did you determine which traits had higher/lower percentage outcomes relative to how traits are given?

In any case, thank you for what you do!

Ehmmm I am not sure what you mean, I mean, I wanted tech tree to be more focused on other effects, for example " - 10% reduction to light units" seems like a useless effect in my mod. So I wanted to change everything. Regarding tech tree, I wanted it to be different, to give more possibilities, and to be balanced. I feel like numbers are good, it takes you 200 turns to research all techs so its balanced. And you need to decide what you want, do you want missiles or you want melee focused army, aka you are always faced with dillemas "do I want more wood or food" :P

Also! Thank you a lot for trying my mod!

This looks interesting, I hope once full mod support comes out people will really be able to customize the game to their liking. Especially am interested in the way you have reworked missiles, I think it's a pretty good trade off. I can't tell from your mod page, are all the units still the same? I take it this doesn't change any graphical look?

Archers are "light tier units" so they mostly have 75 men. They one shot pretty much but if they miss they are donezo. Basically in my eyes you use archers at start, you take enemy heaviest unit, or general, and then you need real tactics on how to win. Also, 75 archers cannot kill that many units in 2 volleys, so it is balanced :))

I do not know unfortunately how to create new units, if I knew I probably would, but its complicated process probably and my college is starting soon. The only custom unit I did was I converted medieval 2 rocket launcher into third age total war mod, and I made it shoot 1000 arrows :D
  • mooshdotjpegmooshdotjpeg Registered Users Posts: 38

Archers are "light tier units" so they mostly have 75 men. They one shot pretty much but if they miss they are donezo. Basically in my eyes you use archers at start, you take enemy heaviest unit, or general, and then you need real tactics on how to win. Also, 75 archers cannot kill that many units in 2 volleys, so it is balanced :))

I do not know unfortunately how to create new units, if I knew I probably would, but its complicated process probably and my college is starting soon. The only custom unit I did was I converted medieval 2 rocket launcher into third age total war mod, and I made it shoot 1000 arrows :D
    sounds good, hope to try it out soon
  • tmanpro123tmanpro123 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Your mod is very good, I have enjoyed the 6 hour and deleted it, fortunately you did not work for CA , thank you for what you do <3

Your mod is very good, I have enjoyed the 6 hour and deleted it, fortunately you did not work for CA , thank you for what you do

Thank you a lot man!
  • GustavomcgGustavomcg Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hola que progarma utilizas para modificar las estadisticas de las unidades, quisiera hacer algunas modificaciones.
    Hello, what program do you use to modify the statistics of the units? I would like to make some modifications.

Hello, what program do you use to modify the statistics of the units? I would like to make some modifications.

Hello, you need to download software called "Rusted Pack File Manager"

thanks, but how to use