Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Announcement next week?

2»

Comments

• SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 228
    neodeinos said:

Crossil said:

Im beginning to think that it isnt in October, which i had a good feeling about. Now, i do not know at all :(

We need to see the Press release build and GW build on the steamdb before the week of the reveal I believe.
    There is no Press release build per se. QA branches are the "press" release builds and they have been recently updated(last week). Only GW build hasn't yet been updated.
    Indeed, I think 3K has a specific press branch but there is not one called that for warhammer.
    I'm pretty sure there is a branch called press for Warhammer.
    No. Just visit

https://steamdb.info/app/594570/depots/

and search for press. You won’t find it
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,923
    Schub said:

neodeinos said:

Crossil said:

Im beginning to think that it isnt in October, which i had a good feeling about. Now, i do not know at all :(

We need to see the Press release build and GW build on the steamdb before the week of the reveal I believe.
    There is no Press release build per se. QA branches are the "press" release builds and they have been recently updated(last week). Only GW build hasn't yet been updated.
    Indeed, I think 3K has a specific press branch but there is not one called that for warhammer.
    No. Just visit

There is usually one though.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,924
    That'd be my bet.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,301
    There is but it is under Packages and last update was 3 months ago.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
    Schub said:

neodeinos said:

Crossil said:

No. Just visit

Found it, there was one 5 months ago but it seems that it disappeared for some reason.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,713
    neodeinos said:

Schub said:

neodeinos said:

Crossil said:

No. Just visit

Found it, there was one 5 months ago but it seems that it disappeared for some reason.
    ...so there was one.

So what then? Is it just gonna be missing or do we wait until it reappears? I presumed it was the qa, so perhaps this is gonna go a while longer.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

neodeinos said:

Schub said:

neodeinos said:

Crossil said:

No. Just visit

...so there was one.

So what then? Is it just gonna be missing or do we wait until it reappears? I presumed it was the qa, so perhaps this is gonna go a while longer.
    Maybe they removed it to change something ? That's weird, according to @Bonutz it was there yesterday.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,845
    Oh yes let´s have more inconsequential:

#AnnouncementWherIsTheLove threads!

Quality stuff!
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,457
    Still a lot to update plus press. Last time we waited 1 week more after update of press

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• coury97coury97 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 657
    Crossil said:

Sylpinte said:

You guys know that they usually update the press and Games Workshop branches of the SteamDB before a release ? Since that hasn't happened yet it doesn't look good for next week...

Technically before that they update qa branches which are signs of some sort of qa happening in the back.

So give a week and they'll be ready.

You also need to take into account that we are arriving at the longest period of time that any DLC took to release, at 5 months since the last release. Of course, the longest DLC release before was the last DLC as well so whether this is a new standard or the first of much longer waiting times remains to be seen.

I would agree, however, that it might not get announced that soon, but I would imagine they wouldn't wait longer than the next week. The timetable gets extremely tight after that, since that would be pushing a record of over 5 months since last release. Not impossible but hard to imagine.
    Wasn't the Queen and The Crone released at May 2018 and the next DLC (Vampire Coast) at December same year? Almost 7 months. So no new record this time
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 3,738
    coury97 said:

Crossil said:

Sylpinte said:

You guys know that they usually update the press and Games Workshop branches of the SteamDB before a release ? Since that hasn't happened yet it doesn't look good for next week...

Technically before that they update qa branches which are signs of some sort of qa happening in the back.

You also need to take into account that we are arriving at the longest period of time that any DLC took to release, at 5 months since the last release. Of course, the longest DLC release before was the last DLC as well so whether this is a new standard or the first of much longer waiting times remains to be seen.

I would agree, however, that it might not get announced that soon, but I would imagine they wouldn't wait longer than the next week. The timetable gets extremely tight after that, since that would be pushing a record of over 5 months since last release. Not impossible but hard to imagine.
    Wasn't the Queen and The Crone released at May 2018 and the next DLC (Vampire Coast) at December same year? Almost 7 months. So no new record this time
    End of May to beginning of November
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,713
    edited October 6
    coury97 said:

Crossil said:

Sylpinte said:

Last day(31.) of May to 8. November. But that was a full race. As far as LPs go Warden and Paunch take the cake(And is only shorter because February has fewer days). If this DLC comes in November it will be longer than every single race.

So unless they wanna break some records they should announce it next week at the latest.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 337
    LamNam said:

Release in december

The prophet has spoken.
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,011
    Reeks said:

Quality stuff!

I agree, but if this forum only had threads made when there was actually something to talk about, it'd be empty ten months of the year.

When I return next Friday, I'm restarting the "What's you favourite biscuit (and if your answer isn't Custard Creams you're wrong)?" thread myself and a few fellow Brits disrupted the forum with a year or so back if there's been no announcement. I will accept even a cryptic hint as actual "news" albeit grudgingly.

My defence for it being not about the game will be that there's nothing game-wise to talk about so the mods can lump it.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users Posts: 2,071
    Arsenic said:

Reeks said:

Quality stuff!

I agree, but if this forum only had threads made when there was actually something to talk about, it'd be empty ten months of the year.

When I return next Friday, I'm restarting the "What's you favourite biscuit (and if your answer isn't Custard Creams you're wrong)?" thread myself and a few fellow Brits disrupted the forum with a year or so back if there's been no announcement. I will accept even a cryptic hint as actual "news" albeit grudgingly.

My defence for it being not about the game will be that there's nothing game-wise to talk about so the mods can lump it.
    Custard Creams are great, but I agree they shouldn't be anyone's favorite. My main issue with them is that they are too sweet for me to eat an entire packet in one sitting, unlike Bourbon Creams and Fig Rolls.

Lemon Puffs are my favourite... I think. Although I love a Nice or a Cafe Noir.

I look forward to this potential thread and regret missing the last one.
    Make Hobgoblins Great Again!

As always, if in doubt, assume I tried to be funny and failed. We'll both be happier. I promise. <3
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 252
    We may get a teaser today
    afverrall said:

It's been confirmed we'll get nothing this week.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,267
    neodeinos said:

afverrall said:

wait when was that?
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

neodeinos said:

afverrall said:

wait when was that?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/j565x6/nutcracker_new_dlc_codename_has_just_been_updated/g7rqftu/?context=3
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,267
    edited October 7
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

afverrall said:

wait when was that?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/j565x6/nutcracker_new_dlc_codename_has_just_been_updated/g7rqftu/?context=3
    why do i feel like i went to bdsm room,thank you mate for the news
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,721
    edited October 7
    I guess that we will first see "Blood and Glory" DLC along with Artemis FLC for Troy (which is supposed to be released this month), then we will have news about Wood Elves DLC. To be honest, I don't expect WE DLC to be released this month.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS and TROY campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,845
    Arsenic said:

Reeks said:

Quality stuff!

Here´s a song for you to listen to while you sit and eat your weird British biscuits:

Beats killing brain cells by reading the number one hundred and seventeenth #AnnouncementWherIsTheLove thread ;)

I think teaser this week. release near Halloween.

Scroll up.