Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tuesday news day?

Comments

• BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,457
    today's news

CA :D

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Khaine1godKhaine1god Registered Users Posts: 449

RafSwi7 said:

Today there will be more info about Troy and mod support. From reddit:

"We've got another blog post coming today with more info about uploading mods etc."

Worry not, teaser will come today.
    I think you huffed to much dragon smoke to make a statement like that caledorian.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,924
    A teaser at the end of the blog. Nice.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,310
    Bies said:

today's news

That DLC came out over 3 weeks ago.... I really don’t understand why it’s still part of their marketing plan.... not even Troy itself or the Nanman got that much attention...
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 44
    ArneSo said:

Bies said:

today's news

That DLC came out over 3 weeks ago.... I really don’t understand why it’s still part of their marketing plan.... not even Troy itself or the Nanman got that much attention...
    Oh that's an easy answer, because it must have not sold that well. Troy was already paid for, and Nanman was probably not too bad, because CA marketing strategy is pushing hard what is currently failing to bring revenues, and ignore what does.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,310
    Maelas said:

ArneSo said:

Bies said:

today's news

Oh that's an easy answer, because it must have not sold that well. Troy was already paid for, and Nanman was probably not too bad, because CA marketing strategy is pushing hard what is currently failing to bring revenues, and ignore what does.
    It was the preorder bonus. Everyone who got Troy at launch also has access to the Amazons. It’s not meant to sell well on his own, it’s whole purpose was to bribe Players getting the game for free on Epic... which worked out well for CA.

What I don’t understand is that they completely rushed out content in September (Nanman only a few days after Troy) and then had nothing for October.... I mean why all the rush then? It simply doesn’t make sense to me.

It’s been 3 weeks now, it’s really time to announce the WE LP this week.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,284

RafSwi7 said:

"We've got another blog post coming today with more info about uploading mods etc."

I think you huffed to much dragon smoke to make a statement like that caledorian.
    Heartleaf, I smell it.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 337
    Azurian said:

Bies said:

Why is such a beautiful girl so cruel?)
    Don't let the apperaence deceive you, my friend.
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
    LamNam said:

Troy was not needed, and it only messed up the release schedule. I don't understand why CA doesn't abandon it like Throne of Britannia.

CA took its first step towards Epic via Troy, remember. Epic, of course, means regular income for CA than what Steam offers currently. The Chinese has no issue when it comes to funding. What they are trying to achive is becoming only one game provider in the world. Too much company merging and acquisition has been made recently in that path and clearly more is on the way. CA, too, preparing to set sail for that new shores. Privacy, on the other hand ? Who cares..
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
    edited October 13
    LamNam said:

Privacy doesn't exist anymore, chinese or not, CA already uses denuvo that is european and is almost a malware.

There is one difference, slightly though, but there still one which is Denuvo like Western based malwares track activities for advertisement purposes, yet the Epic, which Chinese goverment has access into any data it collects has another aim that is to track every single activity a user does in his/her PC so CCP can create a huge database in the eve of a digital age where our digital selves will surpass our social selves.

• uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 342
    So, no news this week?
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,011
    ArneSo said:

I'd be interested to know how many recurrent players Troy has. Does Epic have means of tracking that like Steam?

I'd imagine it'd do better than Thrones of Britannia due to it being free and having colourful Hero characters, but I'd imagine the battles would get boring very, very quickly.

Bound to have a Troy player here reading, and since I don't trust the YouTubers one little bit, I'll ask; is it actually any good?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,124
    Wait till 3pm UK time, we will know then
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 2,869
    uzual said:

So, no news this week?

No news this year.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,923
    We probably won't get news today, teasers are usualy on Wednesday.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 856
    neodeinos said:

Sometimes teaser is tuesday and trailer wednesday - I had a look back
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,923
    55JoNNo said:

neodeinos said:

I prefer to assume the worst option and then be surprised.
  • duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 176
    Bies said:

today's news

CA,
    Seriously?! We need to talk
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,318
    edited October 13
    Today is duesday. When we get our.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 856
    neodeinos said:

55JoNNo said:

neodeinos said:

I prefer to assume the worst option and then be surprised.
    me too , but the more of these threads I am exposed to the more I revert to madness...I feel the warp overtaking me
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,721

RafSwi7 said:

Modding update for Troy:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-troy-mod-uploading-guide/

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS and TROY campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,267
    RafSwi7 said:

RafSwi7 said:

Modding update for Troy:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-troy-mod-uploading-guide/
    Is that more important to something that will get so many purchases like wh dlc. Troy is saga game, it shouldn't be taken into consideration when thinking about main title dlc.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • BitsToByteOnBitsToByteOn Registered Users Posts: 117
    The levels of salt when it's going to end up being another week of Troy...

Quite likely, considering that there is also Blood Pack (and FLC) for Troy to be released this month.

Troy content seems to be released on 22nd October. It is very probable that there will be no WH news until Troy DLCs/FLCs are released.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS and TROY campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,318
    Nope. Tuesday was neither:
    • Newsday
    or
    • Duesday
    but rather
    • Bluesday
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    RafSwi7 said:

Quite likely, considering that there is also Blood Pack (and FLC) for Troy to be released this month.

Troy content seems to be released on 22nd October. It is very probable that there will be no WH news until Troy DLCs/FLCs are released.
    Theres a Troy dlc on November too; so it can't be november, it has to be this month. December would be way pushed back unless this was a Race Pack.
    edited October 13
    Amonkhet said:

RafSwi7 said:

Theres a Troy dlc on November too; so it can't be november, it has to be this month. December would be way pushed back unless this was a Race Pack.
    In November there is only multiplayer update for Troy - no DLC or FLC.

After that there is Ajax/Diomedes DLC and Hephaestus FLC stated for winter.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    I really doubt a Troy Blood Pack and FLC is going to hold back a Lord pack thats already overdue.