Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Grace most recent comment on Reddit

manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 888
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/jb1915/update_to_bacon_in_steam_db/

I guess it's open to interpretation if the announcement is still possible, since she's saying that there won't ber any DLC this week.

Mods: I've not seen a thread about this, if it already exists feel free to delete this one.

Comments

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 4,865
    She keeps saying this week, so it’s going to be soon, October or November
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,146
    lucibuis said:

She keeps saying this week, so it’s going to be soon, October or November

she said soon in July, means jack **** on a **** carrot
  • luiscal2012luiscal2012 Registered Users Posts: 66
    I'll add this as I have not seen this comment referenced in other threads:

"Yes, I hope to have more information on that soon but please remember as always development is subject to change, and some of the reactions we're seeing currently (across all social platforms) is sometimes a reason why it can be difficult for us to give dates and expectations."

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/jb0n2e/update_to_mongoose_in_steam_db/g8spkyy/?context=3

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,587

"Yes, I hope to have more information on that soon but please remember as always development is subject to change, and some of the reactions we're seeing currently (across all social platforms) is sometimes a reason why it can be difficult for us to give dates and expectations."

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/jb0n2e/update_to_mongoose_in_steam_db/g8spkyy/?context=3

I mean, she could come out and say "it's not ready yet, so expect more info in a few weeks/months" instead of just staying silent. As you can see, everyone is eagerly waiting for news and expecting the DLC trailer to drop at any moment. Just a heads up to manage expectations would be really appreciated.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 2,325

Oh we are to blame! OH NO WHAT I'M GONNA DO!!!

Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo

Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,034
    Love it, they do it every time. Promise to be more open, communicate more.

They will just give us a half a tease, literally we do not even know who is the second race in the WE DLC. Then give us complete silence for months, then blame the community.

It is just getting old now CA.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,704
    Fossoway said:

I mean, she could come out and say "it's not ready yet, so expect more info in a few weeks/months" instead of just staying silent. As you can see, everyone is eagerly waiting for news and expecting the DLC trailer to drop at any moment. Just a heads up to manage expectations would be really appreciated.
    If they say "some weeks" you'll have the forum exploding in gormless, inane threads THE SECOND two weeks has passed.

People need to get something else to pass their time with.
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,066
    Do people honestly believe they are deliberately holding back news or being maliciously vague to somehow punish players?

At this point CA can't win. They are lambasted if they predict. They are lambasted if they are silent. They would DEFINITELY be lambasted (likely lynched) if they give a set date and time and had to move it by a single hour for any reason.

These forums passed reasonable years ago. Learn some patience. Even if we might have to wait another month - or even two - it's still good. It just means they need to work on it longer and cant predict with 100% reliability (which is the only thing many on these forums would accept) the day of delivery.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 2,817
    A road map, literally a single posted estimate. Literally anything.

Would be better than 'not yet'.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,359
    Blaeys said:

They would DEFINITELY be lambasted (likely lynched) if they give a set date and time and had to move it by a single hour for any reason.

We'd have to see it to know it.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 3,797
    RikRiorik said:

Blaeys said:

They would DEFINITELY be lambasted (likely lynched) if they give a set date and time and had to move it by a single hour for any reason.

So I'm guessing you didn't see that one time the HOUR of the release was off due to Steam messing up not CA and people were freaking the **** out?
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 1,889
    Blaeys said:

Do people honestly believe they are deliberately holding back news or being maliciously vague to somehow punish players?

At this point CA can't win. They are lambasted if they predict. They are lambasted if they are silent. They would DEFINITELY be lambasted (likely lynched) if they give a set date and time and had to move it by a single hour for any reason.

These forums passed reasonable years ago. Learn some patience. Even if we might have to wait another month - or even two - it's still good. It just means they need to work on it longer and cant predict with 100% reliability (which is the only thing many on these forums would accept) the day of delivery.

Patience is a virtue, silence is the best approach when you dont have anything ready to show yet, also they have not been silent they have told us what to expect earlier with the dlc. It even had a nice graph that was clear and detailed without spoiling anything. And im content with that. I know approx what I will get, im looking forward to it, I know its likely soon so ill just play a new campaign of total war or discuss something lore wise on the forum or whatever else I do and its not a problem. Theres no need to be in constant agony over something that will come sooner or later because it will. Personally when it comes out It will be lovely to try the new Wood Elven LL:s.

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,359

RikRiorik said:

Blaeys said:

So I'm guessing you didn't see that one time the HOUR of the release was off due to Steam messing up not CA and people were freaking the **** out?
    Don’t know friend. Don’t remember. But I don’t think it is completely comparable anyways. One is after release communication about a delay amidst confusion and a rush to play the other is a pre release communication. There’s a fair bit more urgency in the former to help stoke emotions.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 741
    I am still happy that we got the preview on the content of the dlc and how its featured are structured with the other WE dlc.
    It was a very nice overview, and from my perspective it was definitily an improvment In terms of communucation from before.

All we niw have to do is wait. And for this we have to literally do nothing
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,835
    Can we stop picking apart her words? This is why communication is ****-it matches our side of the communication.

Yes it’s possible she thought a casual player was inquiring about the dlc releasing this week. But it hasn’t even been announced!!! Come on it was about news-like all her other comments related to the dlc. No news coming this week likely means no release in October. First week of November has a UK holiday.-so that week seems unlikely as well. Mid November by the earliest and that’s if it’s announced last week of October.

Looks like my fear regarding the release date is coming closer to reality. There’s no dlc money like total War warhammer holiday money-could be looking at a December release. We know the dlc is coming in a bit at least. I hope it’s 3-4 weeks away from the Festag event because I think that’s CAs plans for announcing TWW3.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 59
    Blaeys said:

Please, they only have to say "hey sorry there's a delay, we'll keep in touch soon, to ease your wait, here's a teaser pic of a zoomed in Throt ass cheek"
    Boom, people would understand and get something to analyse and play with. I mean it's not asking them to do weekly dev diaries, but in 5 monthes, surely they have at least one model half-finished !
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,651
    Blaeys said:

No ones asking for a set date. They are asking for reasonable points like how long it it delayed ‘at least’ for, when do they currently plan to release it? With caveats that it could be delayed.

White knighting above and beyond the call of duty is great but we’ve been here before. In the past we have complained about the poor communication and they improved (for a bit).

As a customer we are allowed to state how we feel about the quality of certain elements of the service that we don’t like without other people getting upset.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,165
    Surge_2 said:

A road map, literally a single posted estimate. Literally anything.

Would be better than 'not yet'.

God, what we'd do for a simple Road map...
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 646
    CA can simply update the FLC chart with their upcoming blue-smoke covered free content.

Literally zero efforts and much hype from the community.

Is it too much to ask?

CA can simply update the FLC chart with their upcoming blue-smoke covered free content.

Literally zero efforts and much hype from the community.

Is it too much to ask?

Why? What’s the point? That creates more frustration because people hype themselves then say why didn’t you tell me I was wrong!!

Plus they can generate as much hype by simply answering “no” to someone saying they expect the dlc to drop this week.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 2,817
    Then do so?

Monday - Not this week.
    Monday - Not this week.
    Monday - Not this week.

Easy.
  • ChristianSpartaChristianSparta Registered Users Posts: 101
    And I wonder:

Is Troy going to occupy the entire CA antecion in October, November, and December?

Grace can't be forever saying this week.

Look, I don't mind waiting, I prefer a worked DLC than another The Warden & The Paunch, that's something we all want.

But it would be nice if Warhammer 2 had its updated roadmap, Troy is a minor title and has a roadmap.

I don't think we are asking for much.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,169
    edited October 15
    Link removed as it contains language unsuitsble for a family-friendly forum

Of course, around here, the only time it wouldn't be is the timespan between the announcement of a DLC and the discovery of the first major bug after the DLC releases, but never the less...
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 324

And I wonder:

Is Troy going to occupy the entire CA antecion in October, November, and December?

Grace can't be forever saying this week.

Look, I don't mind waiting, I prefer a worked DLC than another The Warden & The Paunch, that's something we all want.

But it would be nice if Warhammer 2 had its updated roadmap, Troy is a minor title and has a roadmap.

I don't think we are asking for much.

As I've come to understand, the roadmap is that after the upcoming DLC, we will face Warhammer 3 next.

And I think one of the reasons why Troy has more detailed roadmap is precisely because it is "minor" title, and because it is the newest game for CA: they have to work extra hard to pull people into the game, and keep players playing it. Warhammer 2 on the other hand is nearing the end of its lifecycle.
    I'm also not sure if I agree that Troy is "minor" title, it's a saga game sure, but I'm fairly sure it has been fairly lucrative for CA.
    What I’m so confused about is why people thought graces comments of saying “ no” To content = dlc announcement. What happens when she a day Off -god forbid-and misses One of the thousand threads saying “news today!”

I thought it was a possibility but was very doubtful of any news. Why? Because CA popping its head up and saying one liners alone is NOT an established pattern. Keep going that thinking and communication is not going to get any better if we continue picking apart words or demanding they tell us we are wrong with our speculation so we don’t get upset (and no I don’t think ALL the blame is on us-just that it’s not one sided either).

CA popping its head up for one liners is only relevant towards release if one the explicitly say what month to expect news (obviously) but also some important clues that helps with context-that I think many chose to ignore. I’m speaking of the removal and “clean up” of stickies. The games workshop branch being updated in steam dB, along with the press branch. Those updates are part of the established pattern-not CA comments alone (let alone answering “no”)

The fact that I stated we require clues to know when something is coming, naturally shows the problem does not only reside with us. Though I will say take the situation as it is we are making it worse (that’s not to say we caused the problem-I do not want to go down the “chicken before the egg”). But let’s not put them in a lose lose situation-especially if we want news and the reason why they withhold news is their view is no matter what they do people will get angry and disgruntled.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 888
    hendo1592 said:

What I’m so confused about is why people thought graces comments of saying “ no” To content = dlc announcement. What happens when she a day Off -god forbid-and misses One of the thousand threads saying “news today!”

I thought it was a possibility but was very doubtful of any news. Why? Because CA popping its head up and saying one liners alone is NOT an established pattern. Keep going that thinking and communication is not going to get any better if we continue picking apart words or demanding they tell us we are wrong with our speculation so we don’t get upset (and no I don’t think ALL the blame is on us-just that it’s not one sided either).

CA popping its head up for one liners is only relevant towards release if one the explicitly say what month to expect news (obviously) but also some important clues that helps with context-that I think many chose to ignore. I’m speaking of the removal and “clean up” of stickies. The games workshop branch being updated in steam dB, along with the press branch. Those updates are part of the established pattern-not CA comments alone (let alone answering “no”)

The fact that I stated we require clues to know when something is coming, naturally shows the problem does not only reside with us. Though I will say take the situation as it is we are making it worse (that’s not to say we caused the problem-I do not want to go down the “chicken before the egg”). But let’s not put them in a lose lose situation-especially if we want news and the reason why they withhold news is their view is no matter what they do people will get angry and disgruntled.

If CA says 'not this week', just after saying not this month is perfectly reasonable to expect to get something the week after. If it wasn't the case, there's a lot of ways to word the idea: not anytime soon, we're aiming to make an announcement within the next 30/60 days, not before that Troy dlc,...
    edited October 15
    ignoring all other actual telling Signs of news like the relevant branches in steam dB (press and games workshop) and the removal of stickies is not advised. This whole Logic “ ca said month then week therefore means the following week is news” highlights the problem of over reaching and turning speculation into expectations.

Let’s keep to speculation with the whole “month” to “week” as example. I’ve already stated without the other telling signs it’s wrong to expect with certainty the following week is a guaranteed news week.

Grace has said she needs approval and they move with extra caution in terms of setting dates and expectations. So they said not this month for news = speculation: they were confident the news would not be ready for the entire month.
    “No news this week” = speculation: CA is not ready for that week but also not ready to write off the entire month. Let’s stick here-any other telling signs? Nope-no relevant updates in steam dB and no removal of stickies. Ok not this week but October news is still not a bust. We also know the established Pattern of 10-15 buisness days between announcement and release so October release doesn’t look good but still can see news but Not a guarantee because we weren’t told this month-because CA isn’t ready to layout the expectation yet.

CA comments saying “when we can say a month we will” aligns with the logic I just laid out.