Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

As expected...

2»

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,887
    CA is using the "angry minority" as an excuse to not communicate but if they want to avoid too much backlash they should do the exact opposite. As long as they don't understand that the communication will never improve I'm afraid.
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 295
    lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

It seems like she murdered your pets 🤣

It’s just a game guys, calm down. It will cine when it ready, maybe they are just having some problems with the code like with Norsca.

Don’t you have other games to play? Like seriously, this level of but hurt is scary

No I'm not calm, I want the DLC to be released so you can stop your bad threads begging for new WE content.
    I have stopped making threads lol, you guys are the ones spamming threads about nothing, so much salt.

Coding is not easy and straightforward, they might have occurred into some issues (remember Norsca), the level of crazy in this forum is through the roof
    I get that they can run into issues. The poor communication is the issue here, it's just atrocious and they always manage to ruin the little effort they do.
    They are still working on it and they clearly dint know when it will be ready.

I do agree they could do development diaries like paradox and showcase pieces of the lp every week to increase the hype, I wonder why they dint do that?

Paradox dev diaries before dlc go in for months
    Such things require extra work, and might require them to do a little differently so that information fitting for the diary can be archived for the one publishing it. Or there might not be anything interesting to showcase every week.

Obviously the higher ups of CA in general want to control what information is given out, as well as how and when, and development diaries might not fit for their wants and needs.
    A unit per week? That gives at least 2 months of dev diaries

Then mechanics, lords, reskins, etc

I’m not sure why they think the 2 weeks window is the best when most games benefit from pre-orders?
    Not sure either. But my guess is that there is a period of time between announcing new DLC and actually releasing it, during which players, having heard the announcement, return to the game or new players buy the game. They play it, and before they get bored with it the game publishers have to release new content to keep them hooked in, to get most out of the DLC sells.

I don't know if that period of time is exactly 2 weeks, but I suspect CA knows better than I.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 4,732
    Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

It’s just a game guys, calm down. It will cine when it ready, maybe they are just having some problems with the code like with Norsca.

Don’t you have other games to play? Like seriously, this level of but hurt is scary

No I'm not calm, I want the DLC to be released so you can stop your bad threads begging for new WE content.
    I have stopped making threads lol, you guys are the ones spamming threads about nothing, so much salt.

Coding is not easy and straightforward, they might have occurred into some issues (remember Norsca), the level of crazy in this forum is through the roof
    I get that they can run into issues. The poor communication is the issue here, it's just atrocious and they always manage to ruin the little effort they do.

I do agree they could do development diaries like paradox and showcase pieces of the lp every week to increase the hype, I wonder why they dint do that?

Such things require extra work, and might require them to do a little differently so that information fitting for the diary can be archived for the one publishing it. Or there might not be anything interesting to showcase every week.

Obviously the higher ups of CA in general want to control what information is given out, as well as how and when, and development diaries might not fit for their wants and needs.

I’m not sure why they think the 2 weeks window is the best when most games benefit from pre-orders?
    Not sure either. But my guess is that there is a period of time between announcing new DLC and actually releasing it, during which players, having heard the announcement, return to the game or new players buy the game. They play it, and before they get bored with it the game publishers have to release new content to keep them hooked in, to get most out of the DLC sells.

I don't know if that period of time is exactly 2 weeks, but I suspect CA knows better than I.
    I guess that makes sense. But that gives a little window of hype to get more people interested.

The level of hype created by weekly diaries is huge
  • epic_159733755279KLldbHxepic_159733755279KLldbHx Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 381
    Artjuh90 said:

I can't confirm a month....

This forum:

Nothing till 2021....

Just wait, damn what the hell is wrong with this forum lately. Have a little faith, if we have to wait a bit then wait. There are other things out there.

CA has done a great job so far and the UK is hit hard by covid. It's not that hard to imagine that planning ahead is more difficult.

yet troy with its DLC and 3k has no delays. no CA is just lazy and complacent with warhammer and their community managers are just utter trash
    How do you know that "this DLC" has been delayed? Also why would they do that, maybe they need more time to finalise the DLC? Have some respect for them, it is their product if the feel they need more time then they need more time. Don't be a **** about it, especially with the whole covid situation which might have caused some issues.
    lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

I guess that makes sense. But that gives a little window of hype to get more people interested.

CA might not want to copy technically their rival's tactics for... prideful reasons. Or they might not be as confident in their own product, having low self-esteem.
    Or as you mentioned earlier the option of showcasing single unit per week, it might be that the work culture, or development methods, might not make them work: they might not necessarily develop units one at the time, rather they work on all of them, or groups of them, at the same time, and thus rather than finishing one unit per week, they five units in four weeks. And to change their methods might cause confusion within their staff, which in turn can cause its own problems.

But in the end, who knows, really? I certainly don't.

As for your comment about such diaries generating huge amounts of hype, I'm curious what are you basing that assessment on?
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 4,732
    Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

CA might not want to copy technically their rival's tactics for... prideful reasons. Or they might not be as confident in their own product, having low self-esteem.
    Or as you mentioned earlier the option of showcasing single unit per week, it might be that the work culture, or development methods, might not make them work: they might not necessarily develop units one at the time, rather they work on all of them, or groups of them, at the same time, and thus rather than finishing one unit per week, they five units in four weeks. And to change their methods might cause confusion within their staff, which in turn can cause its own problems.

As for your comment about such diaries generating huge amounts of hype, I'm curious what are you basing that assessment on?
    I frequent paradox forums and the level of activity, interaction and hype there is huge
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,123

This forum:

Nothing till 2021....

Just wait, damn what the hell is wrong with this forum lately. Have a little faith, if we have to wait a bit then wait. There are other things out there.

CA has done a great job so far and the UK is hit hard by covid. It's not that hard to imagine that planning ahead is more difficult.

yet troy with its DLC and 3k has no delays. no CA is just lazy and complacent with warhammer and their community managers are just utter trash

Artjuh90 said:

This forum:

Nothing till 2021....

How do you know that "this DLC" has been delayed? Also why would they do that, maybe they need more time to finalise the DLC? Have some respect for them, it is their product if the feel they need more time then they need more time. Don't be a **** about it, especially with the whole covid situation which might have caused some issues.
    easy, the follow the planning they did with the past DLC. or are you to blind to see consistency in that? and if i chose to be an **** to them cause they are being **** themself yes im in my right and dont care how you or someone else thinks about it
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,535
    Artjuh90 said:

This forum:

Nothing till 2021....

Artjuh90 said:

This forum:

Nothing till 2021....

easy, the follow the planning they did with the past DLC. or are you to blind to see consistency in that? and if i chose to be an **** to them cause they are being **** themself yes im in my right and dont care how you or someone else thinks about it
    Entitled much ?

This is the only DLC for Warhammer that's been start to finish developed in the middle of a pandemic, give them a little slack. If you're that angry over a DLC not releasing when you want it then find something else to do.
    lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

Zekerath said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

neodeinos said:

lucibuis said:

I frequent paradox forums and the level of activity, interaction and hype there is huge
    Fair enough.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,032
    Ok f… this.

This looks legit like CA putting salt into a wound.

Really rest of the year is taken by the stupid Troy.

It all adds up, CA cannot say what month it is on since It is not coming anytime soon. It is coming in year 2021. Game 3 in 2022 if we are lucky.

Yeah going to uninstall the game. No point of keeping something I do not play keeping so much space in my hard drive.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    LolTHELol said:

Ok f… this.

It all adds up, CA cannot say what month it is on since It is not coming anytime soon. It is coming in year 2021. Game 3 in 2022 if we are lucky.

Yeah going to uninstall the game. No point of keeping something I do not play keeping so much space in my hard drive.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

For everyone else: "Not able to say what month" does not translate to "next year". It means they don't want to say October or November and then have the community throw (another) hissyfit if it doesn't hit that target. They aren't delaying things until next year, they'd be utterly stupid to do so. Warhammer is by far their most profitable entry.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,079

LolTHELol said:

Ok f… this.

For everyone else: "Not able to say what month" does not translate to "next year". It means they don't want to say October or November and then have the community throw (another) hissyfit if it doesn't hit that target. They aren't delaying things until next year, they'd be utterly stupid to do so. Warhammer is by far their most profitable entry.
    The community only throws a hissyfit when CA treats us with silence.

The past already showed that TW players are fine with delays, they only want Ca to communicate openly.
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Registered Users Posts: 449
    =>RomeoReject/RockNRolla92 the bootlicker parade.
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 360
    Clearly they are ditching warhammer for tat Epic Chinese money

Not impossible... I mean we don’t know the dirty details of that shady Epic Deal...
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,800
    ArneSo said:

Not impossible... I mean we don’t know the dirty details of that shady Epic Deal...
    Such a dirty deal, paying what? 12% commission to Steam's 30%. So dirty.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,800

LolTHELol said:

Ok f… this.

I don't think they're delaying it, but their communication is frankly awful. It's no surprise folks are upset.

I woke up at 2am to check for news I was that hyped, but we got nothing. If CA had just said nothing this week like last week there wouldn't be that expectation.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,535

=>RomeoReject/RockNRolla92 the bootlicker parade.

Sure, because I'm not throwing a tantrum

CA are awful at communication don't get me wrong. Some people here are beyond awful at their reaction to anything they don't like.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    ArneSo said:

LolTHELol said:

Ok f… this.

The past already showed that TW players are fine with delays, they only want Ca to communicate openly.
    You and I both know that isn't true, this community throws a hissyfit over many, many things. Besides that, the only reason we even know to be upset about something is because they tried to give us a heads up way earlier than normal. Does CA's communication policy suck? For sure. They're still experimenting and failing miserably. Does that make the "next year" guess about the DLC any more accurate? Not by a country mile.

LolTHELol said:

Ok f… this.

I don't think they're delaying it, but their communication is frankly awful. It's no surprise folks are upset.

I woke up at 2am to check for news I was that hyped, but we got nothing. If CA had just said nothing this week like last week there wouldn't be that expectation.
    Agreed, their communication sucks. Nowhere near as bad as some communities I've dealt with (Hex Entertainment, Eidos Montreal and Focus Home Interactive all immediately spring to mind as far worse examples), but still distinctly subpar.

I'm unsure why you woke up at 2am expecting news though. We haven't been told to expect news yet. The community is flipping out about a timetable the community itself invented.

ArneSo said:

LolTHELol said:

Ok f… this.

You and I both know that isn't true, this community throws a hissyfit over many, many things. Besides that, the only reason we even know to be upset about something is because they tried to give us a heads up way earlier than normal. Does CA's communication policy suck? For sure. They're still experimenting and failing miserably. Does that make the "next year" guess about the DLC any more accurate? Not by a country mile.

LolTHELol said:

Ok f… this.

Agreed, their communication sucks. Nowhere near as bad as some communities I've dealt with (Hex Entertainment, Eidos Montreal and Focus Home Interactive all immediately spring to mind as far worse examples), but still distinctly subpar.

I'm unsure why you woke up at 2am expecting news though. We haven't been told to expect news yet. The community is flipping out about a timetable the community itself invented.
    Well all I know is that the reactions are very positive when CA makes an honest statement even if that includes a delay. People are fine with delays.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,531
    Business discussion on the best interpretation, bunch of rant posts being generous. Certainly not a Warhammer game discussion.

Thread closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.