Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Update on the DLC

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 7,546

ArneSo said:

Let me quote myself:

Anyway, if CA won't release it in November then nothing in the world will convince me that it's not because of the schedule, the Christmas season to be precise.

Vile and scummy.
    It makes sense. Releasing a DLC or game in the same month as Cyberpunk would just be stupid.
    I care not what makes sense for CA, I'm not a shareholder. They should have worked 12 hours per day, 6 days per week, crunching like there is no tomorrow in order to deliver it in October or early November.
    Youre too nice let them work 18 hours a day for all seven days. Six hours of sleep is enough
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,608

I care not what makes sense for CA, I'm not a shareholder. They should have worked 12 hours per day, 6 days per week, crunching like there is no tomorrow in order to deliver it in October or early November.

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 623
    Thank you very much for letting us know, all is good.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,328
    Not what I was expecting but it is at it is.

Thank you for sharing the info.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 1,786
    Thats a long development time. I really hope CA have the staff level they need to complete projects in a timely manner and aren't just overworking their employees to save money.

"Working from home situation." I don't see how it could be that bad with E-mails and private company servers existing.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,759
    Really hope we get Glade Captain, Male and Female Spellweavers and Shadowdancer.
  • VulrynVulryn Registered Users Posts: 25
    Thank you very much, Grace. My troubled heart can finally come to rest once more. Looking forward to December <3
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,241
    There we go, thats better to know. Looking forward for December!
  • VarinorVarinor Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,456
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Let me quote myself:

Anyway, if CA won't release it in November then nothing in the world will convince me that it's not because of the schedule, the Christmas season to be precise.

Vile and scummy.
    It makes sense. Releasing a DLC or game in the same month as Cyberpunk would just be stupid.
    December is fine
    For them, yes, for sure. Firstly CA play silence game and then gains game. I don't remember locals having a problem with November release. Now apparently it is 'stupid' after CA made a post. How quickly perspective can shift.

At this point it's madness:
    Person A: CA, your communication is terrible!
    CA: yadda yadda.
    Person A: CA, thank you for your communication. Please communicate with me more.
    Person B: Finally.
    Person A: Appreciate that CA is trying to fix their communication!
    - 5 months later -
    CA: yadda yadda
    Person A: CA, thank you for your communication. Please communicate with me more.
    (...)

ArneSo said:

Let me quote myself:

Vile and scummy.
    Youre too nice let them work 18 hours a day for all seven days. Six hours of sleep is enough
    Some kind of charitable spirit has possessed me.

The coolest.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,862
    lucibuis said:

LamNam was initially right while bardic was wrong 😱😱😱 how the tables have turned

LamNam made like 20 different guesses. One of them was right, but he was still wrong way more. And his final guess was October 29th, he even said he would make an apology video if that was wrong.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 27,353

lucibuis said:

LamNam was initially right while bardic was wrong 😱😱😱 how the tables have turned

LamNam made like 20 different guesses. One of them was right, but he was still wrong way more. And his final guess was October 29th, he even said he would make an apology video if that was wrong.
    Nah, he said we could burn him on the stake if he got it wrong.

And then he blurted out a bunch of racist and sexist slurs in a now deleted thread and will get banned anyway.

• BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    They communicate clearly - and explain why it took more time for them to communicate clearly - and there are still people in this thread who have gone on the attack (even using the word "vile" for some reason).

I think those people and those posts provide the best possible reasoning for why CA is often gun shy about communicating too much too early with players. They really are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Some people just live to attack/be negative.

Also - everyone needs to clearly note that nowhere in Grace's note did she use the words promise, swear or guarantee. This is still their best guess based on what they know now - and it could still be delayed to 2021. Any reasonable person understands that.

Im personally very happy with this news. Ive been looking forward to the WE overhaul for a long time - and always welcome new TW content. I also understand that, as the game gets bigger and more complex, each new DLC will take that much longer to develop and test before it is released.

Now - let's see how many ignore all of this and just start throwing around the white knight insults instead.
  • ASTR1ASTR1 Registered Users Posts: 25
    For the love of SIGMAR........the interval between dlcs its insane.
    And im starting to get bored of this game again.........the lack of new content makes me play other games.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 250
    Thanks for the information! A little disappointed for waiting two more month but at least I know now when to expect new content. And if it will be January I will survive it as long as I know in advance :).
  • uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 346
    Thanks for the information Grace!! (L)
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,838
    Hey look at that-I was wrong! We did get news this week! Stay safe and well :)
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,757
    ArneSo said:

So it seems that our complains yesterday helped...

It's a shame we have to though..
  • AscythianAscythian Registered Users Posts: 68

Wow December?! that is like what, 7 months in development? This better be the best piece of DLC you can think of, without game breaking bugs, unique models and voices for all the units and then I do not mind the wait.

Apparently CA doesn't develop for any other game apart for Warhammer 2.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,697

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Let me quote myself:

Vile and scummy.
    December is fine
    For them, yes, for sure. Firstly CA play silence game and then gains game. I don't remember locals having a problem with November release. Now apparently it is 'stupid' after CA made a post. How quickly perspective can shift.

At this point it's madness:
    CA: yadda yadda.
    - 5 months later -
    CA: yadda yadda
    (...)

ArneSo said:

Let me quote myself:

Vile and scummy.
    Some kind of charitable spirit has possessed me.

The coolest.
    Yes because people don't mind to wait for the Lp, there is no rush and it is ready when it is ready. They like when CA communicates honest and openly.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 693
    Not going to lie, I don't think it would have been that time-consuming to post a 4-lines clarification a tad earlier. Anyway, early December, after yesterday's debacle.
    Ascythian said:

Wow December?! that is like what, 7 months in development? This better be the best piece of DLC you can think of, without game breaking bugs, unique models and voices for all the units and then I do not mind the wait.

B-b-but separate teams!
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,903

ArneSo said:

So it seems that our complains yesterday helped...

It's a shame we have to though..
    Indeed, it´s really a shame we have to, and also that we have to look at Grace continuously blaming the player base and their behavior for Ca´s reluctance to communicate with us every time the community reach riot levels.

I would much prefer if the peeps at CA just owned up to the fact that we aren´t interested in their reactive way of communicating with us and changed their horrid policy when Warhammer communication is concerned.
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 197
    Thank you for the update.
  • AscythianAscythian Registered Users Posts: 68
    ASTR1 said:

the lack of new content makes me play other games.

So why don't you?
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,697

Not going to lie, I don't think it would have been that time-consuming to post a 4-lines clarification a tad earlier. Anyway, early December, after yesterday's debacle.

Ascythian said:

B-b-but separate teams!
    Which was exactly the point we were making since yesterday...
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,994

Thats a long development time. I really hope CA have the staff level they need to complete projects in a timely manner and aren't just overworking their employees to save money.

"Working from home situation." I don't see how it could be that bad with E-mails and private company servers existing.

Everybody that I've spoken to since Covid that has an office type job has said that working from home has complicated some things but also stream lined many others.

I'm not in game development but Covid was around for 3 months by the time work even started on this. Why is this lord pack going to take an entire two extra months than usual?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,838

Everybody that I've spoken to since Covid that has an office type job has said that working from home has complicated some things but also stream lined many others.

I'm not in game development but Covid was around for 3 months by the time work even started on this. Why is this lord pack going to take an entire two extra months than usual?
    Just can’t seem to get those butterfly wings right apparently
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 7,159
    People: "CA should take more time to release the DLC so it's not a buggy mess at release"
    Also people: "REEEEEEE 7 months is too long how dare you CA"
This discussion has been closed.