Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game hangs when dig for treasure in late game.

thomaslangstonthomaslangston Registered Users Posts: 1
v1.8.2 BUILD

Steps to reproduce.

1) Load save.
2) Dig with Ron Bloodletter agent in current location.
3) Game should hang. Mouse still works. I'm unable to switch to Task Manager or close the game via the task switcher. Have to sign out of Windows 10 to get the game to close.

Other notes:

Happened with different agent on different treasure map before.
Only started happening late game with treasure map clues I've seen before.

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,220
    I can't help with your actual bug, but I can suggest that you try Wndows key plus Tab to set up a virttual desktop where you can open Task Manager rather than having to sign out of Windows altogether.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • UmphtarUmphtar Registered Users Posts: 1
    I can confirm I'm hitting the same issue; I'm late into a Mortal Empires campaign (turn 140) and anytime I dig for treasure the game freezes.
  • avebeelzebubavebeelzebub Registered Users Posts: 1
    Just wanted to bump this as I'm seeing the same issue. Playing as Noctilus on ME, I have two agents at two separate treasure points (one next to Floating Village, the other next to Doomkeep) on turn 139. Digging at either location causes the game to become permanently frozen. Digging with lords / heroes at invalid locations does not cause the game to freeze, the "Treasure Hunt Failed" message comes up normally without impacting the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file