Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

More RoRs For Wood Elves?

WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,693
So RoRs have had a bumpy implementation so far. With the Warhammer 1 LPs, they weren't standardized, but each race got plenty apiece; Emp: 9, Dw: 10, VC: 9 and GS: 12. Core Warhammer 2 races have each got 8 RoRs in their first LPs, with 3 more in each follow up LP, bringing each of them to 11, and bumping the Empire and Greenskins up to 12 and 15 respectively. The Vampire Coast has 8 (not including Queen Bess), while the TK have 6 (not including the Legions of Legend). Each of the game one DLC races (+ TK) only have 6 RoRs, limiting their options in comparison to the other races. If the current LP pattern holds up, then WE will get 3 more in December, bringing them up to 9 total, that's still somewhat limited choices however, especially since they're likely to be clones of the new units. I'm hoping that the Asrai get 5 or 6 RoRs, as units in the base roster have untapped potential, such as Glade Riders, Sisters of the Thorn and Deepwood Scouts.

What do you think? Will the Wood Elves get a few more RoRs, or ultimately cap out at 9?
Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

Comments

• BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 843
    edited October 2020
    you're discounting the possibility of the inclusion of RoRs in the 'free' part of the DLC.
    3 for Twins + 3 for FLC lord (they mentioned that this LL will be coming along new units, and unit variants; seems likely that includes RORs.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    I hope the Norsca hunt dragon becomes a RoR
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,693

you're discounting the possibility of the inclusion of RoRs in the 'free' part of the DLC.
    3 for Twins + 3 for FLC lord (they mentioned that this LL will be coming along new units, and unit variants; seems likely that includes RORs.

That's a good point and I wouldn't mind much either way. I just hope that something along either line occurs.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 2,096
    Recently, there is a new PoP system. For example, the new list of Empire units (Horsemen with two-handed weapons, Nordland sailors, Stirland patrols, improved tank, etc.), or Eltarion troops, such as warriors of the faith, knights of the merchant, etc.

All blogs and posts have stated and emphasized that the DLC is basically Wood Elves focused. So if such lists of units are introduced, then for them and not for the modder. This is evidenced by the blog and the description presented there. According to which it turns out that the one who has only part 2 and this is the DLC will receive new units, and the one who has part two of the part one and the DLC for the wood elves released in December 2016 (coincidence) will receive all this and + more new units.

• PilthoidPilthoid Registered Users Posts: 287
    As one of those people who own the original I can’t wait to see what they get both in terms of unit and campaign improvements.

For some reason my two favorite races are wood elves snd beastmen. Go figure.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,647
    Definitely, RoR are always part of a LP
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,012
    I personally think that the WE side of the LP will get more RoRs, more like a 1st cycle LP.

I think they will get 6 while the Skaven get 3
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,316
    Yes. Considering 7+ months in development and CA's attempt at DLC for DLC, I do expect many RoRs. And I do expect them to come with new voice lines.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    In general I would like to see the new LPs bring some RoRs for more base game units. Shadow and the Blade did this with Death Runners, but typically the newer RoRs are only for units that come in the same pack.
  • Pico0Pico0 Registered Users Posts: 284
    edited October 2020
    lucibuis said:

I hope the Norsca hunt dragon becomes a RoR

+1, I hope for a ROR forest dragon too (maybe a little weaker than this one though as he is really tough), add a treeman as well and I'll be satisfied .