Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Official new model of Slangor by GW

BiesBies Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2,494

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,651
    Yeah, not usually interested in the side games but these guys look great.
  • VarinorVarinor Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,363
    It's not bad. It's not good. It just is.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

Interesting for Slanesh regular infantry..
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    Love it, I mean I think I would prefer the skin to be more palid, but the model looks great, and I hope we get Slaangors in TW at some point!
  • VarinorVarinor Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,363

Yes, this harem guard looks pretty sweet.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 7,053
    It looks really great.

I think the warband leader especially is going to be a template for upcoming Slaanesh mortals for HoS in AoS (like Blightkings and such are for their gods). Can't wait for the Dark Prince to get her due!

Hopefully some of this will translate to TW... I mean a lot of it probably won't, not sure if GW would let them use pure AoS stuff, but the Slaangor model may well be used.
    Goatforce said:

I think the warband leader especially is going to be a template for upcoming Slaanesh mortals for HoS in AoS (like Blightkings and such are for their gods). Can't wait for the Dark Prince to get her due!

Hopefully some of this will translate to TW... I mean a lot of it probably won't, not sure if GW would let them use pure AoS stuff, but the Slaangor model may well be used.
    I don't think there's any evidence to suggest they wouldn't. What's the worse that could happen? More sales for those models?

If CA based the art style on these models I don't think it would look out of place in WHTW.

Goatforce said:

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest they wouldn't. What's the worse that could happen? More sales for those models?

If CA based the art style on these models I don't think it would look out of place in WHTW.
    The issue is with licensing. I assume CA only has the right to do WHFB stuff, and there are other studios developing AoS games, there may be conflicts there. GW may not mind or might allow CA to buy the rights for specific things (no idea how that would work) but it is hardly a certainty, and CA couldn't just produce models which are technically from a different IP.
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

The issue is with licensing. I assume CA only has the right to do WHFB stuff, and there are other studios developing AoS games, there may be conflicts there. GW may not mind or might allow CA to buy the rights for specific things (no idea how that would work) but it is hardly a certainty, and CA couldn't just produce models which are technically from a different IP.
    I assume CA have the right to do whatever GW allows them to do, without actually seeing the agreement we can't really comment. An agreement like this would become more complex due to CA changing elements of the original models and adding totally new ones. Add to that some of the original WHFB models fall under the AoS licence and there are no exclusive deals out there, considering the are a lot of different licences out there I don't think it matters on a perceived affect of many companies sharing a licence. I'm certainly not going down the licencing rabbit hole again, I'll just stick with neither of us are lawyers or work for either company.

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,343
    I love new Slaanesh models. I hope they will be part of Slaanesh race in game 3. B)

After all, Chaos gods share many stuff in all warhammer universes. I wouldn't be surprised if new chaos gods models from Age of Sigmar will be playable in Old World tabletop game.

I think it's only a matter of time before Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh will get own army book in all three warhammer universes.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Liu Chong and He Yi should be playable in 194.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,835
    Really hoping for beastman god themed units
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,973
    Bies said:

Goat face with Crab clip. It looks weird.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,737
    Gotta love the new slaanesh models, but I dont like the new daemonettes with the harlekin styles.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,461
    Looks awesome! The BM LPs can’t come soon enough!
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,315

MoNoGoDs aRe JuSt ReCoLoUrEd WarRiOrS

But they are just Undivided with pink or red armor.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

I assume CA have the right to do whatever GW allows them to do, without actually seeing the agreement we can't really comment. An agreement like this would become more complex due to CA changing elements of the original models and adding totally new ones. Add to that some of the original WHFB models fall under the AoS licence and there are no exclusive deals out there, considering the are a lot of different licences out there I don't think it matters on a perceived affect of many companies sharing a licence. I'm certainly not going down the licencing rabbit hole again, I'll just stick with neither of us are lawyers or work for either company.

Yes, neither of us are lawyers and we don't know what the terms of the agreement are, so we probably shouldn't be too hopeful for models from another IP (especially ones that didn't exist in WHFBs, like whatever the dedicated Slaanesh mortals are) will get into a FB game. Given that Slaangors exist in fantasy I would Hope GW would be able to use them, but nothing is guaranteed.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see dedicated warbands with unique infantry, but I wouldn't be certain that would take the form of stuff that is coming out for AoS. Now if these models can be backported into The Old World (whenever that comes out) I would be far more confident.
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Yes, neither of us are lawyers and we don't know what the terms of the agreement are, so we probably shouldn't be too hopeful for models from another IP (especially ones that didn't exist in WHFBs, like whatever the dedicated Slaanesh mortals are) will get into a FB game. Given that Slaangors exist in fantasy I would Hope GW would be able to use them, but nothing is guaranteed.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see dedicated warbands with unique infantry, but I wouldn't be certain that would take the form of stuff that is coming out for AoS. Now if these models can be backported into The Old World (whenever that comes out) I would be far more confident.
    I'd say that in the end it is up to GW what they do, if CA can create made up units then I'm sure they could base further units on a Slanesh army. They don't need to be exact copies but I think those models work for a more light/fast version of a Slanesh Chaos Warrior.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,126
    edited October 17
    It's a warband for Underworlds. CA can't use AoS content. GW wants you buying these models. Not just having them digitally.

MoNoGoDs aRe JuSt ReCoLoUrEd WarRiOrS

But they are just Undivided with pink or red armor.
    Because that's how whfb was. You just painted your chaos mortals a god specific color.

It's a warband for Underworlds. CA can't use AoS content. GW wants you buying these models. Not just having them digitally.

Owning a model digitally compared to owning one physically are 2 different issues. WHTW was the catalyst that sent me to the GW website and eventually got me into painting models. I think having models in game would help with sales rather than hinder them.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,126
    edited October 17

Owning a model digitally compared to owning one physically are 2 different issues. WHTW was the catalyst that sent me to the GW website and eventually got me into painting models. I think having models in game would help with sales rather than hinder them.
    They don't belong in the world that was. It's the Mortal Realms now and GW is not going to just let people get these models digitally unless it's for the actual Underworlds game.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 123
    I feel like CA could easily make their own designs that have some resemblance with the AOS minis (would be a great way to offer variety for potential monogod mortal units). Same with Tzaangors and Slaangors. All of this with GW's permission of course.

As for this model, it looks cool! It also fits the lore for AOS Slaangors. That being said, if we saw something similar in TW Warhammer I think I would prefer it if they didn't have pincers, and instead relied on the more subtle traits to distinguish them from other gors.
  • nikamika12345nikamika12345 Registered Users Posts: 501

They don't belong in the world that was. It's the Mortal Realms now and GW is not going to just let people get these models digitally unless it's for the actual Underworlds game.
    CA can base them on Slannesh Chaos Warriors. Do Clan Rats, Dread Spears, Slann, Sauras etc. only belong in the world that was?

As I say, I'm not dragging the thread down with a tedious legal debate (by people who have no idea), the last time the experts made a legal argument they said Dread Fleet couldn't use all the characters because GW 'legally blocked it' due to IP differences.. until it was proved wrong.

Let me just end with this, without a statement from CA or GW I find the idea of relying on forum knowledge as a non starter for me. There's too many extra factors that I honestly don't think anyone in this thread is capable of knowing.

the legs...

I agree, the overly lanky legs let it down.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,578

Yes, this harem guard looks pretty sweet.
    No high elf prince should be without one.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    The new slaanesh models have been on point
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 2,233

It's not bad. It's not good. It just is.

Got to agree with you on that. It’s just meh.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    jamreal18 said:

Bies said:

Goat face with Crab clip. It looks weird.
    Chaos stuff not looking weird would be weird :smiley:
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 190
    Looks fantastic! Love it.