Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hope to see new maps as well for Northern Culture Pack ( pictures inside )

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 10,532
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Don't want to see all plain sand. Want to see nomad camp and tents as well in some battlemaps which are part of the battlemap itself can be burned.

Also expect some parts of the Great Wall in some battlemaps

Pictures Inside...

Post edited by jamreal18 on

Comments

• MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 551
    edited October 2020
    I mean I do wonder how they plan to make the north like. I mean it’s makes sense for their settlements to be camps .

To me one way they could really make it look like this is for them to have many many camps scattered around the north . But they are limited to a certain level in construction so they get lots of smaller settlement regions but say like 2 settlements maxed is like a Hanic city Maxed to make them feel diffrent

I wonder though how they will implement the Great Wall too . Will that be a very difficult gate battle and possibly even a mission objective of the northern tribes ?
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,653
    edited October 2020
    The Great Wall was not a singular wall but a series of walls, which at this point in history was not nearly as big as the famous Ming Dynasty parts of the wall nor as connected. Many of the walls were disjointed, often intentionally. And at least for the early part of the period it wouldn't make too much sense for the wall to be manned at all as there was no state to do so, and even then the Wall was more intended to drive off low scale raiding and be a hassle requiring a lengthy process of getting horses around or over the wall, it was not intended as being defended in the face of any sort of large scale attack. Just repel minor raids by being a deterrent, delay attacks and serve as advanced warning of incoming attacks.

As for OP, your image collection is a whole jumble of tents and camps from across time and space. Pretty sure like half of these are war camps for non-mongols and there are some that I am pretty sure are Bedouin camps or something. I don't think there are any Palms in the Gobi or the Ordos.

As for what area will be added, I'd expect just Wide open steppe for most areas, harsh deserts in the form of the southern Gobi desert(I doub the map will extend far enough to get to the other side of the Gobi, but maybe I am wrong) and maybe some hillier areas if they extend the map into the northwest.

While obviously there would be plenty of differences between modern Ger and traditional Ger(or Yurts) this would be the traditional shape for a Mongol Ger, and I assume the Xiognu and Xianbei would have used a similar structure.

• NykyusNykyus Registered Users Posts: 86
    You will be greatly surprised, but the dwellings of the ancient nomads were different.

I. Huts of the nomads of the "Scythian world": 1,2 - reconstruction of the skeleton and appearance, 3,4 - a pyramidal-truncated hut, reconstruction of the skeleton and appearance, 5,6 - a pyramidal-truncated hut on a cart, reconstruction of the frame and appearance, 7 - engraved drawing of a hemispherical hut on a bone amulet (Kyzylgan burial ground, Tuva V-III century BC), 7- hemispherical hut, reconstruction of the skeleton and appearance.

II. Xiongnu type hut: 10 - Reconstruction of appearance, 11 - Schematic drawing of a hut according to the image on the petroglyph (Schematic drawing of a hut based on the image on the petroglyph (Minusinsk depression, the turn of our era), 12 - Drawing on a petroglyph (Transbaikalia), 13 - Reconstruction of the appearance of a hut on a cart among the Mongols of the XIII century.

III. Yurts of the ancient Turkic type: 14-reconstruction of the skeleton, 15- appearance of the yurt of the Mongol nobility of the late XIII-early XIV centuries, reconstruction, 16 - a yurt from Ejen-Khoro (Inner Mongolia), 17, 17 a - a yurt of the Khazaras and the reconstruction of its smoke circle.
  • NykyusNykyus Registered Users Posts: 86
    A small model of a XIX century Nanai village. The traditional occupations of the peoples of the Amur region do not differ in originality: fishing, taiga and sea hunting, gathering.

House of the Amur Jurchens (the so-called Pokrovsk culture) of the early Middle Ages, dating back to the VII-XIII centuries.

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,653
    Neat, I wasn't aware that there was so much variety! But I am pretty sure we can both at least agree that the OP pictures are not accurate as references.
  • Zilong_93Zilong_93 Registered Users Posts: 37
    I fight few times on Goby desert and it's empty. Sand hills and CA just make little sand square and copy million times on all battle map. So yeah, I agree need gives to north maps more details.

Also, I like really like Huns cavalry when playing as Yan Baihu. Maybe they add them ass mercenaries for Han factions like dragon squads.

• DruidsbrookDruidsbrook Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 190
    Interesting details, my main concern is they will be a permanent horde faction.