Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Infernal Enrapturess

Maidros98Maidros98 Registered Users Posts: 228
Hi everyone. I want to discuss the possibility of the addition of this unit to Warhammer 3 as a daemon of Slaanesh unit. If CA goes the monogod rout they will ultimately be forced to create some units for the factions as there are just not enough for a full roster for each god. So why not use existing models from AOS? This is a daemon unit so we can assume it always existed in the realm of chaos and just was never mentioned anywhere. What're your ideas?

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 2,978
    I doubt it.

It doesn't represent a generic model, and it has no basis in Fantasy from the appropriate source material.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,094
    AoS is a different IP. May as well use Chaos Space Marines.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,136
    Up to GW. I don't think they'll allow AoS models to be used in a WHFB game though.
  • VarinorVarinor Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,455
    It's a must have.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,029
    I doubt it, different IP. However since I believe it is also a 40k unit... maybe.

I would really love to see it but wouldn't bet on it, it's daemon status gives it a shot though imo
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,697

It's a must have.

How is it a must have? Considering it’s a completely different IP, you could also argue that Tyranids are a must have
  • MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 39
    There are a few armies in AoS that could easily be transferred in Warhammer Fantasy; demons is super-easy, but I was also thinking of the full ghost armies or the goblins (with the bad moon). sorry i don't their names, i just saw the models one time and they seemed cool.
    ArneSo said:

It's a must have.

How is it a must have? Considering it’s a completely different IP, you could also argue that Tyranids are a must have
    It's a daemon playing a man. It fits WH:FB, AoS and 40k.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

ArneSo said:

It's a must have.

Yes but it’s still a different IP. „Must have“ might not be the right Word...
    Find me its unit entry in any version of WFB.

This isnt like the Slanngor.

This is a unit that has literally no basis in Fantasy during the period in which the game is set.

I'm all for using models where they are current, the Flesh Hounds WILL look like the new kit, but this?

Nope.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,546
    I imagine using AoS models of originally fantasy units as inspiration is fine. Stuff solely created for AoS is not
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

It's a must have.

Yes but it’s still a different IP. „Must have“ might not be the right Word...
    But I must have it!
    Surge_2 said:

Find me its unit entry in any version of WFB.

This isnt like the Slanngor.

This is a unit that has literally no basis in Fantasy during the period in which the game is set.

I'm all for using models where they are current, the Flesh Hounds WILL look like the new kit, but this?

Nope.

It fits the universe nonetheless.

I imagine using AoS models of originally fantasy units as inspiration is fine. Stuff solely created for AoS is not

Most certainly. Chaosbane is using AoS design for the Lord of Change. Hopefully ours will also get updated.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

This sums it up perfectly
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,812
    edited October 19
    You have to do the 40k test. If these Slaanesh units appear in 40k then that's the new Slaanesh standard for Daemons. By extension, it means that it's applicable to Fantasy as well.

Now we only have to see if any of this stuff appears in 40k with the Emperor's Children, which haven't had a Codex.... otherwise the Chaos Daemons codex, which hasn't yet been updated after the release of Hedonites.... in short, we don't know.

If they don't, then it's a unit borne from AoS Slaanesh situation. If they do then cowabunga it is.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Most certainly. Chaosbane is using AoS design for the Lord of Change. Hopefully ours will also get updated.
    That would be an interesting detail but Slaanesh is a unique case as Slaanesh is not the same in these settings. Due to this, the exact policy on these models is unknown.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,499
    I've always thought the musical/artistic side of Slaanesh was underused in unit designs for WHFB. More interesting than just just repeating the same hermaphroditic shtick over and over, and a lot of potential for unique visuals. Also more thematically appropriate than more crab claws.
    Crossil said:

That would be an interesting detail but Slaanesh is a unique case as Slaanesh is not the same in these settings. Due to this, the exact policy on these models is unknown.
    Come now, once Daemons are updated, everything will be usable in both.

Crossil said:

It's for 40k too.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

edited October 19
    Surge_2 said:

Crossil said:

Come now, once Daemons are updated, everything will be usable in both.

Which would be a logical case, yet not necessarily certain in everything Chaos related(in fact, the updates never got Chaos Space Marines or Chaos Warriors mixed around, or any number of Chaos creatures. There are limits to everything). And taking into account Slaanesh was dethroned in AoS it's a very particular case which could affect its 40k implementation by extension.

The only real alternative to resolving this would be if this stuff has been mentioned in some other 40k materials after Hedonites release, although I haven't really been following 40k in a while so I don't know.

Still, my personal prediction would be that they are gonna be in 40k and by extension that they will be in WFB, including its new Old World rebranding. I'm just calling it as it is.

Crossil said:

It's for 40k too.
    Ok, yeah, they'll be in TWW3. And they'll be available in Old World as well if I had to guess.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

I really think that's a reach.
    edited October 19
    Surge_2 said:

I really think that's a reach.

I don't. If they apply to 40k they apply to Fantasy as well in my book. I don't see how it would be in GW's interests to keep Old World models comparatively outdated to AoS or 40k, and if even 40k, a radically different setting, is using them then Fantasy would as well, with even greater reasoning as to why.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

But why? I mean I get the lore/background reason, I really do, but what rules is it going to have?

It had no 8th edition crunch. It has no basis in the setting as it was, and it's a complex model.

I just don't see why.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,862
    Surge_2 said:

But why? I mean I get the lore/background reason, I really do, but what rules is it going to have?

It had no 8th edition crunch. It has no basis in the setting as it was, and it's a complex model.

I just don't see why.

It actually did, it's a special version of herald of Slaneesh, which existed in 8th edition. In it's AoS rules it is a ranged unit, killing enemies from afar with deadly music.
    Surge_2 said:

I just don't see why.

There shouldn't be any basis for it in 40k either, there it is however. If you want a more extensive basis, it's because Daemons take far more numerous forms than what is normally shown on TT, which has been the case in all three settings. Crunch is not an issue, it is a good indicator if something has it as that makes it a pretty valid unit but it's not an automatic prerequisite to it being added. Complex model is more of a reason to add it rather than not.

The only reason why it wouldn't appear is if CA doesn't feel like it. Which is up to CA then.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Really??

I didn't play them, I played Khorne/Nurgle in Fantasy, and that model didn't exist.

Herald's, yes. Heralds on uber chariots yes.

Heralds with Harps? In 8th?

I wish I had my book, but I don't remember that at all.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,862
    Surge_2 said:

Really??

I didn't play them, I played Khorne/Nurgle in Fantasy, and that model didn't exist.

Herald's, yes. Heralds on uber chariots yes.

Heralds with Harps? In 8th?

I wish I had my book, but I don't remember that at all.

I should have been clearer. No, this model did not exist back then. However, this model is a special type of herald of Slaneesh, and regular heralds existed back then.

To make a comparison: The old great unclean one models all had swords to my knowledge. The new model from AoS/40K has the option for a flail. IMO great unclean ones with flails would still be fine in fantasy, even if they did not strictly have a model.
    Ahh OK. I see what you are saying.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 3,145
    As a distinct unit it is more likely than not to get in. However as a Daemonette I could definitely see it referenced in the skill trees of Heralds of Slaanesh or the Masque of Slaanesh herself.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    ArneSo said:

It's a must have.

Yes please
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 546
    I remember I made a thread like this and I got butchered. Only AoS models we might see will probably just be the ones who are direct updates of WHFB units.

I would have liked to see the Daughters of Khaine lamias added to Dark Elves, since they aesthetically don't look that out of place (MY OPINION) and snake-like mutants aren't that out of the ordinary and I am pretty sure Ind or Nippon or one of them was hinted at to have snakepeople anyway.