Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Does Records mode receive the same update attention as Romance?

2»

Comments

• Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2020
    Trying to go back to the topic while I prefer using romance mode I find it weird that in records mode generals don't have access to anything not even something as basic as a rally how would a small morale boost to stop a unit from breaking, break the balance of records mode, if anything one should ask why is it generals become killing machines in one mode and in another become dominoes that can be knocked down with ease (okay that is an exaggeration but my point stands).
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • Danklord127Danklord127 Registered Users Posts: 11
    I'm not going to defend it further. I said what I said, in context to the topic of the discussion. I've given you the explicit reasons, and you've chosen to ignore them and come up with your own argument when I diminished your original statements with the context you missed and decided you could define for yourself.

Moving on.

Yeah I want a rally buff, or an inspire, some flavor variation to the units based on type (sentinel, vanguard, etc.) would be cool too. It's just needs a bit of work, a bit more balance, and some flavor to get it over mediocre.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,597
    There's also something people need to be reminded of regarding Records. CA actually got a lot of criticism with the abilities in Rome 2 (And eventually unit abilities got phased out for the most part, generals still kept a lot of them tho) so it's not completely "out of context" for them to remove them completely in Records : focusing purely and solely on tactics rather than button press that can clutch a battle.

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • stilesdinersstilesdiners Registered Users Posts: 92
    Rewan said:

There's also something people need to be reminded of regarding Records. CA actually got a lot of criticism with the abilities in Rome 2 (And eventually unit abilities got phased out for the most part, generals still kept a lot of them tho) so it's not completely "out of context" for them to remove them completely in Records : focusing purely and solely on tactics rather than button press that can clutch a battle.

Doesn't fit with 3K. It's a character based game where each general is meant to be their own person, skills would massively help portray that beyond a shadow of a doubt. While I have no idea what criticism they got for Rome 2, the fact that they got criticism for them there and not in Shogun 2 probably means that the implementation was just poor in the former. With the state of the game as it is, the actual requirement for strategy in most battles is minimal because there is a definite optimal set-up (6 cav, 6 spear guard, 4 ranged infantry, 2 trebs) that negates all tactical and creative thinking. Skills would be a good way to at least band-aid that issue. They are such a core part of the Total War experience and the telling of a military story that removing them is absurd.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,673
    Folks, get back to discussing this thread's topic, or the thread will be closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• UnconcernedUnconcerned Registered Users Posts: 111
    Records was abandoned - CA placated the classic TW player to buy the game by promising Records mode and it’s continued support, but have now completely abandoned it. Not to mention that the gameplay and backstory between Records and Romance was pretty much identical, when there should be a ton of significant differences. That’s why I have quit playing TWTK (that and the broken mechanics and bugs), did not buy the last DLC, and will not support the game any more in the future.