Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Druchii : Black Ark Battles

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is safe out there and got the time to enjoy our beloved game a bit longer. Try to see the positives in a negative situation I guess !

Anyways, I wanted to talk about Black Ark battles.

I have 1 thing that bothers me greatly. When you as a Dark Elf faction have a black ark and you attack with it, you always get the same map (which is logic) but in my eyes you stand on the wrong side of the map. Let me show you what I mean.

This is the map of the Black Ark. As you can see my armies are DOWNHILL away from the 'city' on the black ark. How is this logic ? Why am I fighting as a pirate crew ready to board a 'ship' ?

In my opinion the black ark owner should always start on the other side where the enemy is right now. First of all you have a major disadventage because you fight down-hill. Second, my bolt throwers have trouble shooting there salvo because the of the hilly train. That would not be the cause if I was on the correct side (close to the city on the black ark)

Problem is, I love using my bolt throwers, but they ain't so useful on this terrain.

Lets discuss as always :) !

P.S.

No I am not complaining in a sense. I like to discuss this game with my brothers and sisters here on the forum. I take joy in discussing Warhammer total war, plus, I got enough time now and started to get bored being home so much....

Thank you everyone !

Artillery
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• ujopujop Registered Users Posts: 144
    This is known bug.
    I think it was already reported ( several times ) on the support forum section
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
    ujop said:

This is known bug.

Good afternoon,

ow really ? this is actually a bug ? I thought it was just ment to happen.

Seems there are quite the bugs then if these things also count as one.

Its just not logic to start at this position. Makes kind of the difference in some battles between victory or losing a battle.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • ujopujop Registered Users Posts: 144
    DarkLordD said:

ujop said:

This is known bug.

Good afternoon,

ow really ? this is actually a bug ? I thought it was just ment to happen.

Seems there are quite the bugs then if these things also count as one.

Its just not logic to start at this position. Makes kind of the difference in some battles between victory or losing a battle.
    well it was already reported in the support section so i assume it is a bug

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/266428/black-ark-map-bug-ark-army-spawns-on-wrong-side

Either way haven't seen any CA statement regarding this
  • Artjuh90#8868Artjuh90#8868 Registered Users Posts: 1,697
    maybe cause on land the elivation is higher as on sea. so it kinda makes sense you are actually at the low ground when the map is actually fought out at land and not on sea. so you logic can be flipped around and for me it makes more sense. if the battle was on a large ship i would agre but it is not
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    The ark map is very bad, it would be better if they used the map where Malus fights with Snikch. In addition, the fact that the ark can't attack port cities makes it useless.
  • Eterlik#9017Eterlik#9017 Registered Users Posts: 458

The ark map is very bad, it would be better if they used the map where Malus fights with Snikch. In addition, the fact that the ark can't attack port cities makes it useless.

Since the Malus DLC black arcs can acutally attack port cities
    Eterlik said:

I checked and really can, my mistake. There is even a blockade of the port.
  • GreatGreyWolfSifGreatGreyWolfSif Registered Users Posts: 89

Eterlik said:

The player can attack port with black arks but the AI can't. Thier Black Arks will just hang around off the coast :pensive:

Eterlik said:

The player can attack port with black arks but the AI can't. Thier Black Arks will just hang around off the coast :pensive:
    I don't play much for the dark ones, but often against them. That's why I missed this fact, since they don't attack with arks. This is a major omission.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579

Eterlik said:

I don't play much for the dark ones, but often against them. That's why I missed this fact, since they don't attack with arks. This is a major omission.
    No worries :) That can happen ! They can indeed attack port cities. Which makes them quite useful now !

I use them now in my campaign and they are a delight for there sphere of influence (replenishment and making new recruits + the battle abilities are neat!)

• Bastilean#7242Bastilean#7242 Registered Users Posts: 2,939
    You really shouldn't get your own black arch when attacking anyway. You should get the enemy space whatever that is.
  • Wunderb0r#2088Wunderb0r#2088 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,215
    RAISE AWARENESS
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)