Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chance we get all vampire bloodlines

13»

Comments

• RodentofDoomRodentofDoom Registered Users Posts: 580

The rest of the characters are either dead or so unimportant that it would be a travesty to have them as LL.

It's hard to say what CA will or won't do with the franchise, so writing off 50% of the Skaven Lords dreamed up by GW may be a little 'too soon'.

It could be argued that it's not over till the fat lady sings.
    But she already has.

In the Vampire Coast release.
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,641

The rest of the characters are either dead or so unimportant that it would be a travesty to have them as LL.

It's hard to say what CA will or won't do with the franchise, so writing off 50% of the Skaven Lords dreamed up by GW may be a little 'too soon'.

It could be argued that it's not over till the fat lady sings.
    But she already has.

In the Vampire Coast release.
    But who would be those guys?

Nurglitch from Lustria campaign - dead

Klawmunkast - dead

Morbus Sanguis - dead

Ratnash the Fleet - another assassin - weaker than Snikch

Warlord Spinetail - another warlord - weaker than Queek

Who out of those would make for a good LP? Maybe Nurglitch with his Pestilens list, but we would need to go for one of the council and no other lords from the council are playable, because they are too time-constrained with political bickering. This would also not be Nurglitch I, but some other number.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
    SerPus said:

Verminking is one

Verminking is 13, so Skaven will have 20 characters.
    He is 12 and a bit of spice from the Horned Rat, but are we really going to count this as 12 (13). If so, Zombie Pirates have the most LLs in the entire game, with million different Luthors.

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,859

That means 3-4 more LLs for the VCs.
    That would mean 8 or 9 LLs in total. Meanwhile some races like the empire and dwarves are still on 4.
    Should the empire or dwarves get another 4-5 LLs to make it equal. Then what about other races.

I don't see the vampire counts getting more than 1 more LL.

However if we include other races such as a hypothetical nagash race/faction it will likely include Neferata. We also have Luthor playable with coast.
    If VC get one more LL then their will only be one bloodline missing.

There's 12 (13?) Skaven LL's

And who cares about stunty little Dwarves?
    Currently there are 5 Skaven lords, that might go up to 6 with the next dlc.
    It will never go up to 12
    Who would even be those guys? Verminking is one, Thanquol is another one, but that’s about it. The other skaven that got mentioned here and there are as important as my fart. Skreet Verminkin might appear if there ever is LP about HE and Skaven. Ghoritch is the last at least a bit viable choice. The rest of the characters are either dead or so unimportant that it would be a travesty to have them as LL.
    The only ones coming to mind are:
    - Throt
    - Thanny
    - Verminking
    - Nurglitch
    - Klawmunkast
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865

Klawmunkast - dead

Nurglitch won't be included for a simpler reason: We already have Clan Pestilens in game. He's not dead by the time of Total Warhammer, however.

Klawmunkast is killed in the End Times, which also take place after Total Warhammer. I doubt they're in the game as anything other than a Regiment of Renown (For the Rat Tank), given that they weren't an army leader in the lore or rules.

Klawmunkast - dead

Nurglitch won't be included for a simpler reason: We already have Clan Pestilens in game. He's not dead by the time of Total Warhammer, however.

Klawmunkast is killed in the End Times, which also take place after Total Warhammer. I doubt they're in the game as anything other than a Regiment of Renown (For the Rat Tank), given that they weren't an army leader in the lore or rules.
    Nurglitch, first of his name, is dead, the one with the rules is dead, the one in the Lustria Campaing is dead. Klawmunkast fought againts clan Pestilens during Skaven civil war. I have not read the End Times as a whole, so I am not sure that he is alive there. Could you provide something, where it states he is alive at that time?

Klawmunkast - dead

Nurglitch, first of his name, is dead, the one with the rules is dead, the one in the Lustria Campaing is dead. Klawmunkast fought againts clan Pestilens during Skaven civil war. I have not read the End Times as a whole, so I am not sure that he is alive there. Could you provide something, where it states he is alive at that time?
    Hadn't realized you were picking a ludicrous option. Yes, of course the first one is dead. The first six Nurglitches are dead by now.

Yes, there's a very easy way to prove Klawmunkast is still alive at the start of the End Times: Because he's killed during the End Times by Apophas.

Klawmunkast - dead

Hadn't realized you were picking a ludicrous option. Yes, of course the first one is dead. The first six Nurglitches are dead by now.

Yes, there's a very easy way to prove Klawmunkast is still alive at the start of the End Times: Because he's killed during the End Times by Apophas.
    Well, the other do not have rules and we do not know much about them, except that the current one is so "beautiful" that Skrolk took his eyes out.

If he really is alive, then End Times do not have any coherence what so ever. How could he survive for so long? He fought in the Skaven second civil war. And Skaven do not live that long for him to survive to the current time.

• AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,113

That means 3-4 more LLs for the VCs.
    That would mean 8 or 9 LLs in total. Meanwhile some races like the empire and dwarves are still on 4.
    Should the empire or dwarves get another 4-5 LLs to make it equal. Then what about other races.

I don't see the vampire counts getting more than 1 more LL.

However if we include other races such as a hypothetical nagash race/faction it will likely include Neferata. We also have Luthor playable with coast.
    If VC get one more LL then their will only be one bloodline missing.

There's 12 (13?) Skaven LL's

And who cares about stunty little Dwarves?
    If you're using the "Council of Thirteen" as the base for theory. I doubt we'll get to see all of them represented. Some of those seats we know almost nothing about. Plus the Lords of Decay don't put themeselves in harm's way, hence the LLs we have are their right hands.

After Throt is in, the only LLs worth doing IMO is Thanquol and Skreech, if they don't get added as LH instead.
    The only other would be Skretch to represent Clan Skurvy with hybrid Vampire Coast mechanics. Dreadfleet and all.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Ind, Nippon, Khuresh, Elithis Sea Elves (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines DLCs) :#
    edited November 2020

Klawmunkast - dead

Well, the other do not have rules and we do not know much about them, except that the current one is so "beautiful" that Skrolk took his eyes out.

If he really is alive, then End Times do not have any coherence what so ever. How could he survive for so long? He fought in the Skaven second civil war. And Skaven do not live that long for him to survive to the current time.
    ...Right, but then I'm unsure why you proposed them if you knew that the current one is a faction leader, not a tabletop Lord. Of course Nurglitch I was never going to be in the game. We might as well say "why isn't Aenarion in the game". Because they're blatantly dead, of course.

Klawmunkast doesn't come around until sometime after the fourth century of the second Skaven Civil War, which would be 2250 at the absolute earliest. Given that the world ended completely in 2528, this isn't too much of a stretch. Standard Skaven don't live that long (For obvious reasons), but bear in mind, Ikit Claw is also from this era, and also survives until the End Times.

Anyways, we should probably go ahead and steer this back to the Vampire Bloodlines. We can start another thread regarding this topic, if you still want to discuss it.
  • RodentofDoomRodentofDoom Registered Users Posts: 580
    Apologies for derailing.
    It wasn't my intent, I was just trying to highlight 2 points
    1, There is officially plenty of scope for additional lords for several factions
    2. CA can ignore previous or current table-top lore if they want to

I think it essentially boils down to
    "How much do CA think they can get away with on DLC additions to a base game"
    Which is probably a fair bit of "getting away" as I'd most likely buy them too :sunglasses: