Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Side by side comparison of the old and new map!

ReytarReytar Registered Users Posts: 5
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Since I always love looking back at the old published map and the new one to see what exactly changed, I thought others might be interested as well, so here you go!

Otherwise just open the seperate pictures in your browser and compare it yourself, which might work better.

https://content.totalwar.com/total-war/com.totalwar.www2019/uploads/2020/05/04174521/Eltharion-Mortal-Empires-1320x1080-1.jpg

http:https://content.totalwar.com/total-war/com.totalwar.www2019/uploads/2020/10/28174508/WH2_TT_Sisters_Start_Position_MORTAL_1320x1080.jpg//

Cheers!

EDIT: Try this, it has a slider to compare it better:
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=7b147124-2b2c-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df
Post edited by Reytar on

Comments

• Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for the maps.

Could you put a red circle over the new regions ?

I spotted 3 new regions (one between Ostermark and Talabecland, one in the middle of the Southern Jungles and the last one in the doom glades) and of course a map expansions on the east.

Any others ?

I was expecting more to be honest. A Bretonnian and Southern Realms rework (a few more towns would have been far enough), with the inclusion of Black Chasm, would have been my dream. Seems ... unlikely now.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,586
    Pr4vda said:

Thanks for the maps.

Could you put a red circle on the new regions ?

I spotted 3 new regions (one between Ostermark and Talabecland; one other in the middle of the Southern Jungles and the last one in the doom glades) and of course a map expansions on the east.

Any others ?

I was expecting more to be honest. A Bretonnian and Southern Realms rework, with the inclusion of Black Chasm, would have been my dream. Seems ... unlikely now.

Pr4vda said:

Thanks for the maps.

Could you put a red circle on the new regions ?

I spotted 3 new regions (one between Ostermark and Talabecland; one other in the middle of the Southern Jungles and the last one in the doom glades) and of course a map expansions on the east.

Any others ?

I was expecting more to be honest. A Bretonnian and Southern Realms rework, with the inclusion of Black Chasm, would have been my dream. Seems ... unlikely now.

Above barak varr we have a new settlement
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,391

Pr4vda said:

Above barak varr we have a new settlement

Nice spot ! Hoping for some skaven there !
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,096
    Beyond disappointing that nothing was done with Athal Loren. They made an entire mini campaign map for it and its gone to complete waste.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • KopeshKopesh Member Registered Users Posts: 557
    Just a heads up. When I clicked the second link my anti-maleware software gave me a warning and I couldn't load the page.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    Here

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • ReytarReytar Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited November 2020
    Pr4vda said:

Thanks for the maps.

Could you put a red circle over the new regions ?

(...)

I have intentionally not touched the maps so everyone can have a better look themselves for there are also many little fine-tunings or things I miss out myself.

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=7b147124-2b2c-11eb-83c8-ebb5d6f907df

Otherwise maybe this works better.
    So Silver Pinacle? :D Vampires next? Chaos Dwarfs as pre-order? Why is CA touching Darklands?????

And why the hell is CA touching Darklands if next DLC is not sure thing??

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,586
    Daruwind said:

So Silver Pinacle? :D Vampires next? Chaos Dwarfs as pre-order? Why is CA touching Darklands?????

Except that Grace confirmed at least 1 more dlc
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 539
    Daruwind said:

Neferata here we go !! ;)

Except that Grace confirmed at least 1 more dlc

That was rhetorical question. I got alreay lot points for it :P So no need to remind me about it..
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/jx5fey/not_last_dlc_grace_will_kill_us/

In theory it could pre-order DLC...chaos dwarfs. Or LP with Vampires? Who knows...so many interesting questions :)

• Sfigatto16Sfigatto16 Registered Users Posts: 220
    I feel that the 2 new regions are very poor designed, they are just line provinces pushing the player towards only one way.
    Now with this new zone we have just 2 parallel highways.

Probably they will fill them with orcs and Skaven making the dwarf campaign more static than now (waaaaghhs from south, north and now east).
    Ye, but what is buffling me. Those eastern region are not yet unlocked. So it seems like preparation for next DLC?

Next BM vs DE? What about Skaven markings on logo? Or maybe Chaos Dwarfs as pre-order??? Or Vampires/Neferata/Silver Pinacle is next LP? VC vs BM? Dwarfs??

• YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 887
    edited November 2020

I feel that the 2 new regions are very poor designed, they are just line provinces pushing the player towards only one way.

Probably they will fill them with orcs and Skaven making the dwarf campaign more static than now (waaaaghhs from south, north and now east).

I don't think so. That northern new province is Kislev lands in the fluff. Their breadbasket. Which makes me think they are preparing their pre-order for game 3. Kislev.

I don't really see them adding more Skaven this time around, and there's more than enough GS around that area, so I figure the other province may just be empty for now, or owned by Rictus Clan-Nest.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,159

Now with this new zone we have just 2 parallel highways..

Looking at the way the map is designed now, there are going to be mountain passes that let you go up into or down from the mountains. So you won't be forced to travel all the way along one way or the other. It will be no different than any other lowland that runs along the mountains.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    Yannir said:

I don't think so. That northern new province is Kislev lands in the fluff. Their breadbasket. Which makes me think they are preparing their pre-order for game 3. Kislev.

I don't really see them adding more Skaven this time around, and there's more than enough GS around that area, so I figure the other province may just be empty for now, or owned by Rictus Clan-Nest.
    Then hopefully a rogue Empirish faction.
    That would give you a new vector for your Chaos / Norsca / Ork campaign.
    And slow down the Dwarf / Greenskin expansion a bit