Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Future upcoming races?

2»

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,835
    Ind also includes unique Beastmen.

And I'd love some Deep Ones. You know, Fishmen. They were rumoured to be planned at one point.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • steam_165405055329iSueZCmsteam_165405055329iSueZCm Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,243
    I know every time I bring it up people laugh but I would play the **** out of a halfling faction they are like the challenge faction in previous TW games.
    Prophet of Cathay.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,076
    Gamgee said:

I know every time I bring it up people laugh but I would play the **** out of a halfling faction they are like the challenge faction in previous TW games.

I know, they're the ultimate underdogs. My hope is that at towards the end of game 3's life cycle they go back and add minor races like Abion, Araby, Halflings, and Amazons
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • Wood_SpriteWood_Sprite Registered Users Posts: 148
    I dunno guys, it makes no sense to base the entire game in the Darklands. TWW3 campaign has to have at least as big a map as the previous 2 games, and Darklands are not enough.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,588
    Chaos Dwarfs
    Ogre Kingdoms
    Daemons of Chaos
    Kislev
    Dogs of War
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,076

I dunno guys, it makes no sense to base the entire game in the Darklands. TWW3 campaign has to have at least as big a map as the previous 2 games, and Darklands are not enough.

This is the last time total war will touch this setting for a very long time/ever, they should include the whole world and as much content as they can
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,371
    1. Chaos Dwarves
    2. Chaos Daemons
    3. Ogre Kingdoms
    4. Legions of Nagash
    5. Khorne Monogod Faction
    6. Nurgle Monogod Faction
    7. Tzeetch Monogod Faction
    8. Slannesh Monogod Faction
    9. Kislev
    10. Hobgoblin Khanate

For Warhammer 3, roughly what I think is coming in order of likelyhood.

Dogs of War/Southern Kingdoms will likely be the preorder.

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    Amonkhet said:

1. Chaos Dwarves
    2. Chaos Daemons
    3. Ogre Kingdoms
    4. Legions of Nagash
    9. Kislev
    10. Hobgoblin Khanate

I agree with a few minor changes.

1. Chaos Dwarves
    2. Chaos Daemons
    3. Ogre Kingdoms
    4. Kislev
    5. Southern Realms/Dogs of War.
    6. Legions of Nagash
    7. Slaanesh Monogod Faction*
    8. Khorne Monogod Faction
    9. Nurgle Monogod Faction
    10. Tzeetch Monogod Faction

I think Dogs of War/Southern realms could make an excellent pre-order in the following fashion:
    Pre-order, get a vortex-compatible lord for game 2 who is a bonus lord when game 3 launches for Dogs as part of the core lineup if we maybe get 5 core armies this time instead of 4.

*(With the emphasis on N'kari in text/cutscenes and Sigvald already being playable, Slaanesh is the most likely to get a prominent role in the franchise.)
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,371
    MrDragon said:

Amonkhet said:

1. Chaos Dwarves
    2. Chaos Daemons
    3. Ogre Kingdoms
    4. Legions of Nagash
    9. Kislev
    10. Hobgoblin Khanate

I agree with a few minor changes.

1. Chaos Dwarves
    2. Chaos Daemons
    3. Ogre Kingdoms
    4. Kislev
    5. Southern Realms/Dogs of War.
    6. Legions of Nagash
    7. Slaanesh Monogod Faction*
    8. Khorne Monogod Faction
    9. Nurgle Monogod Faction
    10. Tzeetch Monogod Faction

I think Dogs of War/Southern realms could make an excellent pre-order in the following fashion:
    Pre-order, get a vortex-compatible lord for game 2 who is a bonus lord when game 3 launches for Dogs as part of the core lineup if we maybe get 5 core armies this time instead of 4.

*(With the emphasis on N'kari in text/cutscenes and Sigvald already being playable, Slaanesh is the most likely to get a prominent role in the franchise.)
    Eh, I left them out the list because I felt its pretty clear we're getting Dogs of War as preorder...though some weirdness like all the different Vampire provinces being added seems a little sus.

I put Khorne and Nurgle first, since the majority of warhammer video games tends to just add them. Until I see CA actually adding Slannesh and Tzeetch, I'll put them below till then.

Kislev is a good possibility.

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    edited November 2020
    Amonkhet said:

Eh, I left them out the list because I felt its pretty clear we're getting Dogs of War as preorder...though some weirdness like all the different Vampire provinces being added seems a little sus.

I put Khorne and Nurgle first, since the majority of warhammer video games tends to just add them. Until I see CA actually adding Slannesh and Tzeetch, I'll put them below till then.

Kislev is a good possibility.

Oh I understand your reasoning, I just politely disagree but I have no intention to try and sway much.
    But yeah: N'kari is all over TWWH lore.

I will say as a Tzeentchy-boi myself, it pains me to put Tzeentch lowest, but I'd like to think I'm being realistic when I assume Tzeentch n co are the least popular of all the daemons.

I do think that if a monogod army turns up as DLC that's almost a guaranteed sign that they all will come in due time.

• LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,036

I agree...

...which is why I think the TWW3 map should go as far west as the Grey Mountains and Tilea.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,704

Have you actually looked at the maps?
    Glory matters not.

• steam_165405055329iSueZCmsteam_165405055329iSueZCm Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,243

I agree...

...which is why I think the TWW3 map should go as far west as the Grey Mountains and Tilea.
    Way too much overlap. CA never ever like over lapping in a brand new full price game. They won't expand it west I guarantee you and they won't re-use games as a core race. They see it as bad they want you to pay for new content not old. The only time CA has done that in past games is if its a very very minor dlc map. This is game 3 and they said to expect big things. Going east is the only thing that makes sense. I mean if they didn't intend to go further east than you expect? Then why have they already gone further east in game 2? They are suddenly going to go west? What that doesn't fit the pattern.
    Prophet of Cathay.
    Surge_2 said:

Have you actually looked at the maps?
    Have you?
    Prophet of Cathay.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,704
    Yep, and I'm going to lay it all out for folks that haven't after work today. Complete with pictures.
    Glory matters not.

• GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,148
    •Nurgle

•Khorne

•Slaanesh

•Tzeentch

•Dogs of War

•Cathay

•Southern Realms

•Legion of Nagash