Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Playing ikit claw for multiplayer and campaign?

JetFuelDingoJetFuelDingo Registered Users Posts: 65
I don't really know what else to put because everything else seems much worse in a way.

so far my doomstack army in the campaign consists of

1 lord

4 rattling guns

4warplocks

2 Catapults

1 cannon

1 motor

2 plague priests.

3 gutter runners

2 doom flayers

- When facing against multiple armies with a lot of cavalry or even against an army that has a lot of good frontline and outranged artliery, causes my priests to get killed pretty quick and their ability to summon rats doesn't get that much use when one or two of the smaller hero units gets passed through and immediately touches my ranged units which causes them to scatter.

As for MP, would mainly a weapons team still be viable or do I have to balance an army with melee, because that doesn't sound very fun with playing skaven for MP. Even if using snitcht

Comments

• zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 437
    edited November 2020
    no jezzails???

i had 5 plague monks, 3 gattlings, 3 jezzails 3 mortars, 2 catapults or the lasers things dont know their name atm, 1 rat ogre and 2 doom flayers
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,307
    Warplocks are Jezzails.

Their full name is: Warplock Jezzails.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,637

I don't really know what else to put because everything else seems much worse in a way.

1 lord

4 rattling guns

4warplocks

2 Catapults

1 cannon

1 motor

2 plague priests.

3 gutter runners

2 doom flayers

- When facing against multiple armies with a lot of cavalry or even against an army that has a lot of good frontline and outranged artliery, causes my priests to get killed pretty quick and their ability to summon rats doesn't get that much use when one or two of the smaller hero units gets passed through and immediately touches my ranged units which causes them to scatter.

As for MP, would mainly a weapons team still be viable or do I have to balance an army with melee, because that doesn't sound very fun with playing skaven for MP. Even if using snitcht

You will not be able to afford that in any sorta random MP, and there are unit caps as well but I don't know how that works. On the positive side, your opponent probably won't bring a doomstack either.

Turn off Default Skirmish Mode from your settings menu btw. Sounds like you have it on if your ranged "scatters".
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,296

1 lord

4 rattling guns

4warplocks

2 Catapults

1 cannon

1 motor

2 plague priests.

3 gutter runners

2 doom flayers

so you deploy and go afk... boring way to play
  • andrewbh2003andrewbh2003 Registered Users Posts: 180
    multiplayer that army is not viable for many many reasons

1- you cant bring more than 1 of the same ability "so clanrat summons" cant bring more than 1 mortis engine effect "Plague priest" so that alone you cant do

2- that army way too expensive and most likely well over the 12400 gold limit

3- unit caps exist pretty sure you cant bring that many ranged units

4- even if the above did not apply a human oponent is MUCH MUCH better at shuting down ranged units than the ai so good luck adequately defending that many ranged units
  • zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 437
    Canuovea said:

Warplocks are Jezzails.

Their full name is: Warplock Jezzails.

ah okay... I play the game in an a different language ;) sorry
  • JetFuelDingoJetFuelDingo Registered Users Posts: 65
    Artjuh90 said:

1 lord

4 rattling guns

4warplocks

2 Catapults

1 cannon

1 motor

2 plague priests.

3 gutter runners

2 doom flayers

so you deploy and go afk... boring way to play
    You must of not played the game if you don't know what micromanagement is
  • JetFuelDingoJetFuelDingo Registered Users Posts: 65

multiplayer that army is not viable for many many reasons

1- you cant bring more than 1 of the same ability "so clanrat summons" cant bring more than 1 mortis engine effect "Plague priest" so that alone you cant do

2- that army way too expensive and most likely well over the 12400 gold limit

3- unit caps exist pretty sure you cant bring that many ranged units

4- even if the above did not apply a human oponent is MUCH MUCH better at shuting down ranged units than the ai so good luck adequately defending that many ranged units

Ok, so skaven army isn't as op as people say it is, just only against the ai. But when playing campaign against another person, then skavens don't really work as well. I think the skaven needed the new dlc update if thats the case then....